“A great experience and worth the money”

Pullman Paris La Defense
Ranked #3 of 41 Hotels in La Defense
GreenLeadersSilver level
Lubbock, Texas
“A great experience and worth the money”
Reviewed 20 February 2014

If you're not a business traveller, this hotel might cost more than you'd want to pay, but based on my experience it is totally worth the money. The staff is multi-lingual. I speak English and there was no problem communicating with each member of the staff. The hotel is beautiful, and the room was clean. I stayed in a classic double bed room. It was the perfect size for one or two people. The bed was clean and smelled nice and was really comfortable. I had no problems sleeping and I usually do when travelling. The room had a large t.v. with multiple channels, some in English. There was a desk and several places to plug in (though you need to bring your own adapter). I had a beautiful view from my window and there were black out curtains that worked very well. The bathroom was a decent size, with a stand-in shower, a vanity, a toilet, and a big bathtub. That bathtub was one of the highlights of my trip! The food in the restaurant is a bit expensive, but you're getting a fine dining experience. The food quality was excellent, as was the service. The bar was nice. The cocktail I had was overpriced, but top shelf and very good. Overall, this is the best hotel stay I've ever had. I've stayed in a lot of hotels, even a Hilton in Seattle in the U.S., and the Pullman Paris La Defense was the nicest, cleanest, with the most courteous staff. It is well located. Even though it is in the business district, the metro station for Line 1 is within walking distance, and from Line 1 you can get anywhere in the city. The hotel is also near an attraction--the Arch de La Defense. I recommend this hotel highly.

Room Tip: I stayed on floor 19 and it was very, very quiet.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
PullmanLaDefense, Directeur général at Pullman Paris La Defense, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Thank you very much for choosing the Pullman Paris La Défense for your stay and for taking the time to share your experience with us.
We are delighted to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us and you enjoyed our services.
Indeed, our location at the heart of La Défense is very convenient and it is nice to know you found it easy to get around.
We would be pleased to welcome you again soon.

Frédéric Clément

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Luxury hotel at luxury prices, but this is Paris after all.
Reception was welcoming, room was comfortable, well equipped and well maintained. Free wifi is a big bonus and pretty fast connection too.
Dined in the restaurant and the food was lovely, service excellent but not cheap for a Yorkshire lad to comprehend.
Location is great - short walk to the tram stop, and two escalator rides gets you to La a Defense Metro and 5 stops later you are on the Champs Élysées.
Would stay here again for certain.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank PeterGable
PullmanLaDefense, Directeur général at Pullman Paris La Defense, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Dear Peter,

Thank you for choosing our Pullman hotel for your last stay in Paris. We are very pleased you appreciated the location of our property and you well described the several connections to central Paris. Your satisfaction is a great source of motivation therefore I will share your comment with our staff.
It will be our hope to welcome you again soon.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Last weekend myself and my girlfriend went to Paris for a touristy break. We booked the Pullman online and arrived at noon on Thursday. The staff at the check in desk told us we couldn't check in until 2 but they would mind our bags so we could walk around the area. The hotel is a 5 minute walk to the metro station which goes straight to the Champs Elysses and the Louvre. When we returned the receptionist upgraded us to a superior suite. The room was lovely, great view and the bed was heavenly. The air conditioning was broken so the room was very warm and when i called reception they sent an engineer up within minutes. It broke again later on and the engineer came back up again and apologised saying if it happens again we could change rooms. It didn't. The front desk was so helpful with directions and information regarding the metro and the RER and which stations to get. All in all our weekend was fantastic and the staff at the hotel were excellent! Would definitely recommend this hotel to friends.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Brian H
PullmanLaDefense, Directeur général at Pullman Paris La Defense, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Dear Brian,

We very much appreciate your message following your stay at the Pullman Paris La Défense.
Your satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us as we seek to provide the highest quality of service.
So thank you for taking the time to share your experience. It is always nice to know that your enjoyed your stay in our property.
I will pass on your comment regarding staff attitude to our team. I am sure that it will serve as an encouragement.

We look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you again.

Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed at pullman la defense with my colleagues on January 2014 for 4 nights , everything there was great, the hotel location is perfect very close to the metro station , has 2 malls very close to it and a big hypermarket where you can shop and get all what you want, its only 6 stations away from champs Elysee and l'arc de triomphe 8 stations from la tour eiffel , thats like 20 mins only. What was really outstanding the restaurant and the people working there , they were very friendly and helpful specially a waitress called liberty she welcomed us with a nice warm smile and made sure we got what we ordered to drink and made sure everything was ok, highly professional i would definitely recommend it for anyone coming to Paris

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Amir A
PullmanLaDefense, Directeur général at Pullman Paris La Defense, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Dear Amir,

Thank you for choosing our Pullman hotel for your last stay in Paris.

It will be our hope to welcome you again soon.

Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 26 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights for work, because of its location in the La Defense district.

The staff at reception was very friendly and helpful, so checking in and also checking out went very smooth.

My room was located at the 14th floor, so I didn't have any worries with outside noise.

The bathroom is nice, with a bathtub and a rainshower, but it also feels rather old. An overhaul wouldn't be bad. I also noticed that it takes quite long before the bath is emptied, are there maybe some issues with the plumbing?

Another plus is that there's free wifi in the room, the quality and speed was sufficient for me to treat some emails in the evening, and to have some music in the room through internet radio streaming.

However, the hotel only gets an average quote, for 4 reasons.

1/ I didn't like the bed at all. It was a real no no to me, which didn't help at all to get a good nights sleep. It's far to soft. This mixed with the temperature in the room didn't help at all.

2/ The only way to regulate temperature in the room is thorugh airconditioning. There's no ventilation whatsoever through the window in the room. This doesn't help for a good night's sleep. You have to use the airco to get the temperature down, but it's not very good at that. The temperature in the room stayed to high for a good night's sleep.

3/ The breakfast is way overpriced. The food is OK but it's certainly NOT worth € 26. Overall choice is very limited for such a steep price. Some staff weren't very friendly.

4/ There was an electricity outage while I was in the room. This can happen to any place, but my colleague who already was there the week before, experienced some outages as well the week before, which makes me think that they have an electricity problem.

Next time I'm in need of a hotel at La Défense, I'll try something else because this was not a 'wow'-experience, mainly due to the lack of a proper night's sleep.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear Steven,

We appreciate you sharing your experience following your stay at Pullman Paris La Défense. We are pleased to read that you enjoyed our room with its facilities. However we are sorry that you didn’t appreciate our Pullman Bed. Its specificity is a mattress topper with shape memory giving a sensation of subtle delicateness.

Concerning the electricity outage we present you our sincerest apologies and we assure you that the appropriate measures have been taken and that now the problem has been solved.
We hope to have the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 January 2014

The hotel is located in La Defense which is the commercial district dominated by offices. The area is ultra modern with big pointy buildings in every direction. The hotel is five minutes walk (a nice walk even at night) from the RER station and two nice shopping centres. Both have nice restaurants and shops across the ranges. It is just as close to the big arch.

The hotel building is modern and cool looking and the lobby is of the same ilk. Parked undrgound in secure Pullman car park (€25/24hr). Check in was friendly (surprising for Paris) (Pauline- thumbs up) and efficient. I judge friendly by normal standards. Not unacceptably low parisian standards so this was a surprise.

Room was spacious and had big shower room. No bath, not that I wanted one, but a monsoon shower (better than a bath in my opinion). Nice toiletries. English tv channels and an english plug socket! Nice touch. The bed is sooooo good.

Had coffees in the bar with friends. Bar is cool.

Would stay again, impressed when I was expecting the same old same old.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the arch.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
PullmanLaDefense, Directeur général at Pullman Paris La Defense, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Dear Lorenzo,

We would be pleased to welcome you again soon.