“ok but expensive”

Pullman Paris La Defense
Ranked #1 of 41 Hotels in La Defense
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Had one night for business in March.
The hotel and the room was clean, the service was excellent. The personnel was really helpful and fast to help for toothbrush, iron...
Breakfast was good.
Although ti seems to be a normal price for the place, I found it expensive.

Room Tip: ask for top floors. you are in a high building zone.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
PullmanLaDefense, Directeur général at Pullman Paris La Defense, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear Joe,

Many thanks for sharing your experience following your business trip at Pullman Paris La Défense.

I am delighted to read that you appreciated the service from our Housekeeping team and you enjoyed our Breakfast at the Quinte&Sens restaurant.

Frédéric Clement
Genera

Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on a recent business trip and when I walked through the front entrance I was greeted by a rather unpleasant odour. This continued also in the lifts. I'm not sure if they have problems with sewage but it wasn't pleasant at all and not expected for this type of establishment.

It took a while to check in and when I finally did I was given a twin room. Something I dislike especially when you book a double. I never know why hotels look to change your request. I asked to change but my colleagues also had the same issue. The bar in the hotel is very expensive and overall the hotel per night doesn't deserve the price it charges. There are so many other better hotels to go to and better value for money.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
PullmanLaDefense, Directeur général at Pullman Paris La Defense, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback following your stay with us at Pullman Paris la Défense. We are sorry that you experienced difficulties during your check-in.

It is our hope to have the chance to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

We loved the hotel. It was a great stay. it is like a 5 minutes walk from the La Defence Metro. After a long day of walking/touring those 5 minutes of walk to the hotel will be a drag.

We didn't like how we had to go down 4 sets of staircase just to reach to the lobby of the Hotel. The escalators were broken on both days we stayed at the hotel making it difficult to climb those stairs up and down to access the hotel (with luggage).

They charge 50 Euros if you want to check-in early between 10AM-2PM.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
PullmanLaDefense, Directeur général at Pullman Paris La Defense, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear guest,

Many thanks for sharing your experience our our Trip Advisor Page.

I would like to inform you that I will share your comments with the Town Hall regarding the escalators located nearby our hotel.

We hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

The Pullman is very convenient for the business traveller on short trip but look elsewhere for something more. The reception is efficient and the rooms standard business fit out but good size including the bathroom. The price for breakfast is high but better than many others that have just coffee and a croissant for twenty plus euros. Lunch and dinner we went out after the first day and this is the best option for quality, price and choice. Wifi was free and reasonable speed, but it always seems to throw you out and it is a little irritating. The staff are very helpful and polite. If it wasn't for the convenience of business I would look for another hotel.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
PullmanLaDefense, Directeur général at Pullman Paris La Defense, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Dear guest,

It is a pleasure to receive your feedbacks. We are happy to read that you appreciated our rooms and location. It is true that our hotel benefits from a prime position for those travelling on business.

We are looking forward to welcome you again.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

A plush modern reception greets you, after which the outdated bedrooms come as a disappointment. For those of us who only eat a light breakfast, 26 euros for croissant and tea is outrageous. Dinner was OK, but nothing special. Service, particularly the repeated requests for tea at breakfast, was not good.

Although the Pullman is convenient for the business district, thereby trying to justify the high prices, this area of town has little else to offer. I'm afraid next visit, I will stay in my favourite city centre hotel overlooking Notre Dame at half the price of Pullman, dine in a nice traditional bistro by the Seine, and take a taxi to La Defence. A much better experience at half the price!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Rick E

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your remarks after your stay with us at Pullman Paris la Défense. We are sorry that your experience with the breakfast did not meet your expectations. If you would like to enjoy breakfast at Quinte&Sens restaurant, we do have a light offer, the “Pullman Express”, including coffee or tea, a fresh juice and pastry for 13 euros.
We hope to have the chance to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

If you're not a business traveller, this hotel might cost more than you'd want to pay, but based on my experience it is totally worth the money. The staff is multi-lingual. I speak English and there was no problem communicating with each member of the staff. The hotel is beautiful, and the room was clean. I stayed in a classic double bed room. It was the perfect size for one or two people. The bed was clean and smelled nice and was really comfortable. I had no problems sleeping and I usually do when travelling. The room had a large t.v. with multiple channels, some in English. There was a desk and several places to plug in (though you need to bring your own adapter). I had a beautiful view from my window and there were black out curtains that worked very well. The bathroom was a decent size, with a stand-in shower, a vanity, a toilet, and a big bathtub. That bathtub was one of the highlights of my trip! The food in the restaurant is a bit expensive, but you're getting a fine dining experience. The food quality was excellent, as was the service. The bar was nice. The cocktail I had was overpriced, but top shelf and very good. Overall, this is the best hotel stay I've ever had. I've stayed in a lot of hotels, even a Hilton in Seattle in the U.S., and the Pullman Paris La Defense was the nicest, cleanest, with the most courteous staff. It is well located. Even though it is in the business district, the metro station for Line 1 is within walking distance, and from Line 1 you can get anywhere in the city. The hotel is also near an attraction--the Arch de La Defense. I recommend this hotel highly.

Room Tip: I stayed on floor 19 and it was very, very quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
PullmanLaDefense, Directeur général at Pullman Paris La Defense, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Thank you very much for choosing the Pullman Paris La Défense for your stay and for taking the time to share your experience with us.
We are delighted to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us and you enjoyed our services.
Indeed, our location at the heart of La Défense is very convenient and it is nice to know you found it easy to get around.
We would be pleased to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Pullmanhotels.com
PullmanLaDefense, Directeur général at Pullman Paris La Defense, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014