“Business hotel with good value”

Pullman Paris La Defense
Ranked #2 of 41 Hotels in La Defense
GreenLeadersSilver level
Houston, Texas, United States
“Business hotel with good value”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Pullman is a very good hotel for short business trip and ideally located just a couple of minutes walking to the metro station and two large shopping centers.

A very small lobby for meet and greet with attentive front desk staff followed by a small dining room. Very clean and simple first floor.

The rooms are small but again it is in Paris so I was not expecting a good space neither in the room or the bathroom. However, furniture showed some age but was comfortable which I really cared about.

I tried the room service a couple of times, nothing fancy but just good enough.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
PullmanLaDefense, Directeur d'Exploitation at Pullman Paris La Defense, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for sharing your experience about our hotel Pullman Paris la Défense.

The property is indeed located very close by all public transport and one of the biggest shopping center in Europe, “Les 4 Temps”.
We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and especially our room service.

Pullman Paris La Défense

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

The Pullman is situated by the Grande Arch so it is principally catering for business travellers in La Defense. That said it's ok for leisure travellers too as it is close to the metro and central Paris is only a few stops away.
The rooms are a good size and the beds are really comfortable. There is an adequate gym with steam room but I ran outside as there are some good routes in the area.
The restaurant is newly refurbished and is pleasant and more atmospheric than most business hotels. The service has noticeably improved since last year and all staff were very helpful. I enjoyed my stay much more this time as a result. Food and drinks are definitely priced for business customers and the room service costs are eye watering but probably on a similar scale to other hotels in La Defense. Otherwise this is a good choice for the area.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
PullmanLaDefense, Directeur d'Exploitation at Pullman Paris La Defense, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at Pullman Paris La Défense. We are delighted that you appreciated the service provided to you. Our staff is working every day to improve your satisfaction; therefore I will share your comment with them.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Not the best location but still pretty good as you are only a few stops away from Champs Elysees and L'arc de Triumphe.
The hotel itself is quiet nice, couldn't really find anything to fault it. The La Defense area is quite commercial with lots of modern towers, which to some may not be exactly what they had imagined going into Paris.
Still a great place to stay.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Dear Aziz,

Thank you for sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor community. We are pleased that you appreciated the location of our hotel, only 7 minutes away from Arc De Triomphe.

ukcali
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Leading a team that has to commute every week from London I've had to stay at the Pullman a few times. Not again until they sort themselves out. Overall we see the Pullman as the most expensive and the worst rooms in the area. I've stayed there 4 times and of that I've had to change my room twice on one occasion and once on another due to basics in the room not working. I would have changed rooms once again the last time but I arrived at almost midnight into Paris with the toilet not working. The next room had a humming coming from the vents so had to turn that off to sleep making the room very cold. In the morning I found the shower head clogged and not working. The first time I had to change rooms twice I complained and found a present in my room from management. A usb light for my laptop....the same one I had my marketing team buy as promo gifts for a £1. I guess that's all you're worth to them. In the area there are other hotels that try harder (eg Hilton, Renaissance) and deliver. This is not a 5*.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank ukcali
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Pullman Paris La Défense. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Pullman, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

It is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Had one night for business in March.
The hotel and the room was clean, the service was excellent. The personnel was really helpful and fast to help for toothbrush, iron...
Breakfast was good.
Although ti seems to be a normal price for the place, I found it expensive.

Room Tip: ask for top floors. you are in a high building zone.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
PullmanLaDefense, Directeur général at Pullman Paris La Defense, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear Joe,

Many thanks for sharing your experience following your business trip at Pullman Paris La Défense.

I am delighted to read that you appreciated the service from our Housekeeping team and you enjoyed our Breakfast at the Quinte&Sens restaurant.

Frédéric Clement
Genera
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on a recent business trip and when I walked through the front entrance I was greeted by a rather unpleasant odour. This continued also in the lifts. I'm not sure if they have problems with sewage but it wasn't pleasant at all and not expected for this type of establishment.

It took a while to check in and when I finally did I was given a twin room. Something I dislike especially when you book a double. I never know why hotels look to change your request. I asked to change but my colleagues also had the same issue. The bar in the hotel is very expensive and overall the hotel per night doesn't deserve the price it charges. There are so many other better hotels to go to and better value for money.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
PullmanLaDefense, Directeur général at Pullman Paris La Defense, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback following your stay with us at Pullman Paris la Défense. We are sorry that you experienced difficulties during your check-in.

It is our hope to have the chance to better serve you in the near future.

Frédéric Clément