“Business stay”

Ranked #3 of 41 Hotels in La Defense
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Business stay”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

The Pullman is a nice hotel convenient for La Defense business district (and some shopping) close to various Metro's but is not Paris Centre. All the staff I had encounters with were polite and very helpful. Breakfast was excellent, spacious area and tables set out nicely. Rooms are nice (nothing more) and the bathroom facilities good. The only real disappointment was the resturant food in the evening. Dined with three colleagues and out of four only one actually enjoyed the food, service was good but the food lacked flavour. Would I stay again? yes, but for convenience more than anything else.
Gym - Small but clean and equipped with most facilities, including steam room.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
PullmanLaDefense, Directeur général at Pullman Paris La Defense, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Guest,

We would like first to thank you for taking the time to write a comment.

We are pleased that you felt welcomed by our team.
However, I would like to present you my sincerest apologies for your experience at the restaurant. Your feedback is very important to enable us to improve our services. Please be assured that we are taking good note of yours.

We hope to have the chance to welcome you again soon.

Pullman Paris La Défense

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Stavanger, Norway
Reviewed 1 August 2014

A comfortable 5* Accor hotel which is very convenient for business in La Defence and indeed just 3 mins walk from the metro and RER. While LD is primarily a business area, the architecture is impressive and La Grande Arche really worth seeing!

There is also a good shopping centre (Les 4 Temps) right there too.

The hotel is clean and comfortable, with good service and a nice restaurant/bar. There is a well looked after, but inevitably small gym in the basment. The breakfast buffet is decent, though a little limited, by some standards.

My room was good and certainly bigger than you might get in the centre of Paris where space is of course at a premium. Comfortable bed and a good bathroom with both bath and large, separate shower. It was a little soulless (no decoration whatsoever in my room, though I see another reviewer says "awsome decor", so he obviously had something smarter). Comes with coffee/tea facilities.

Ca €70 taxi ride from CDG airport (or €45 with Uber). And the metro M1 goes straight to the Arc de Triomphe, Champs Elyses, Concorde, Les Tuilleries, Louvre, etc

Free WiFi throughout the hotel, but a very irritating system which requires logging in again and again (tip - remember to switch off auto log-on as for me at least this made it more difficult).

For romance and really experiencing Paris I would pick a little hotel in the centre of town, but for comfort at a reasonable price, concenient logistics and especially if neednig to be in La Defence for business, this works very well.

Room Tip: Better view presumably on the higher floors (19 in total)
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your comment. We really appreciate it and I am sure it will be very usefull for future guests.

We are very pleased to read that your stay reached your expectations and that you felt comfortable in our room.

It will be a real pleasure to welcome you again soon.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2014

A Double room....

ROOMS - Comfortable, Air Conditioning (with thermostat), Mini-bar (horrendously priced as ever)

BATHROOMS - En-suite with Power Shower

FACILITIES - Coffee, Tea, 2 Milk cartons (tight fisted in a 5-star)

BREAKFAST - DON'T WASTE 26 EUROS. Shockingly bad. A queue from the lift to the restaurant entrance because they're more bothered about claiming the money via your room number (at a snails pace. sorry l'escargot!) than serving breakfast. And it was tepid-to-cold at best. When I spoke to LIBERTY to let her know the hotplate keeping the food warm was OFF she came back faster than Usain Bolt and said "No it isn't" to which I promptly held my hand on the hotplate for over 10 seconds (don't worry folks, as I just said it was OFF!!) and said I was disappointed her eagerness to reply curtly and rudely was faster than her lack of eagerness to keep the food warm. Why argue is beyond me. The food was cold and the scrambled egg was horrible and bacon that was marginally warm, and sausages which were clock cold.
Go into the La Grand Arche square and LE BISTRO AU VIN does a cracking breakfast at less than half the price and immeasurably more edible AND hot !!

LOCATION - Close to all the business buildings off the square - La Grand Arche.

PARKING - No parking was required.

RECEPTION - Helpful and courteous !

SUMMARY - Rooms fine - Food shockingly bad. I complained to the staff and was curtly fobbed off.

THINGS CLOSE BY -
1) La Grand Arche
2) Coeur Defense offices
3) Metro Station

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
PullmanLaDefense, Directeur général at Pullman Paris La Defense, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comment. You have a lukewarm memory of your stay and I would like to present you my sincerest apaologies, especially for your experience during your breakfast.

We attach great importance to our guests feedback in order to improve our service and your satisfaction. Feel free to contact me directly by email at h3013-QM@accor.com in order to provide your contact details and be assured that we will work with our team to prevent any future occurence.

We hope that, following our improvements, we may have the chance to win back your trust.

Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Great location, excellent staff and first class food. Okay some of the rooms could probably do with a bit of an update / refurbishment but whenever I'm in the area I pick the Pullman.

Not all of the rooms have a good view but if you can get a high floor one the correct side it's not bad. The beds are generally comfortable and I've never had a problem sleeping. Wifi is provided along with all the usual (business) services and check-in/check-out run smoothly.

Hotel is a short walk from the metro / tram and access to Paris is fairly quick and simple if your happy with the metro. Plenty of places to eat in the area but if you can afford it the hotel restaurant is well worth a visit.

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your loyalty! Your recommendations will definitely be useful for the TripAdvisor community.

We look forward to welcome you soon,

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 30 July 2014

we were in a jr. suite and it was just fabulous. Had 2 bathrooms and a nespresso machine, tub and a walk-in shower, double sink. Very comfortable bed and decor inside the room was amazing as well. We weren't that higher up and there was no street noise, very comfortable night sleep is awaiting.
Biggest disappointment is that you have to climb down a huge flight of stairs if you are coming from the la defense metro station or through the mall.
do not think it's very central because la defense is not very central but only a stop away from CDG Etoile metro stop (arc de triump). it's a 7min metro ride. The mall is great if you want to have a european mall shopping.

Room Tip: hotel has a great insulation so you don't hear any street noise. The biggest tip I can offer is...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a comment following your stay. We are very pleased to read that you enjoyed the comfort of our room and especially our bathroom.

We will be glad to welcome you again soon.

Pingtung, T'ai-wan, Taiwan
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed at another Pullman hotel before, so I had high expectation of this. I stayed here for two nights last week. On my arrival, I was shocked that there was no any sign showing directions to the hotel in the La Denfense station. After I managed to climb many stairs to find directions, I was shocked again that I needed to carry my luggages down A LOT of stairs to get to the lobby. The elevator was sometimes not working, I don't know why. For people who want to come from the metro, the best way is to go into the "4-temps shopping Mall" which has elevators and can get to the ground floor, but after that you still need to get down the stairs again to go into the lobby.

I received an upgrade which was nice. The room and the view was beautiful. But after being in the room for awhile, I found that I can hear EVERY WORD the people living next door said and the TV they were watching. The wall is super thin!! I asked to change a room. They gave me the original cheaper room I booked which has no vews but I don't care. This room was so much better. But I still heard noise coming down from upstairs knocking their floor and also from the hall the next day.

The good points are that the bed was very cozy, the breakfast was good and the staff was very nice.

However I will not risk staying here again. For me, the sleeping quality is the most important thing. I can't understand how a 4-star hotel would allow the wall to not have noise-proof. BTW, I expect a hotel this class would have turn-down services in the evening. But I was wrong.

Overall, this is a somewhat disappointing experience.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
PullmanLaDefense, Directeur général at Pullman Paris La Defense, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a comment following your stay.
We are sorry to read that your experience did not meet your expectations. Your feedback is very important for us to improve our quality and your satisfaction. Also, please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measure with La Défense to find the best solution with the elevators.

Once again I present you our sincerest apologies for your unpleasant experience and we hope to win back your trust.

Hershey
Reviewed 13 July 2014

The Pullman Paris La Defense can't be mistaken for center of Paris, but it is a very comfortable, well managed hotel that has great access to the Metro.

The hotel has very comfortable, clean, quiet rooms that I appreciated after being on the go all day. My room was surprisingly large compared with other European hotels I have stayed in, with decidedly modern furnishings.

The service was consistently good. Everyone I interacted with was very polite, engaged, and clearly interested in making my stay enjoyable.

The CNIT mall and another very large modern mall were within a 5 minute walk of the hotel. The Metro can be easily accessed from the lower level of CNIT. The large plaza area between the two malls provides great views of La Grande Arche, which is a gathering place for people who work in this business district location. From this location the Arc de Triomphe can be seen in the distance.

Breakfast was included with my reservation. The food was good but not extraordinary. However, as was the case for the hotel, the service stood out.

The Pullman La Defense is well worth considering for restful, comfortable accommodations,
very attentive staff, and convenient access to the rest of the city.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
PullmanLaDefense, Directeur général at Pullman Paris La Defense, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your comment.
We are delighted to read that your stay reached your excpectations and that you felt comfortable in our rooms. I will definitely share your feedback with our teams who aim to better serve you every day.

It our hope to count you again among our guests soon,