“Nice staff, poor location for tourists”

Pullman Paris La Defense
Ranked #1 of 41 Hotels in La Defense
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The Pullman La Defense was a very clean hotel with a very nice and helpful staff. The hotel is in La Defense and should be used only for business travelers planning on spending all of their time in La Defense. There are precious few restaurants nearby and there is none of the charm you would expect from Paris. I booked this trip using a travel agent who rushed me through my hotel choices even though I told her repeatedly I wanted to be in the City Center. Oh well. I and my family quickly became acquainted with the Paris metro. The metro is a hike from the hotel. The beds were comfortable, the room a bit stuffy and not well air conditioned.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
PullmanLaDefense, Directeur général at Pullman Paris La Defense, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear John,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
You rightly highlighted that our hotel is in the center of the business area La Défense with a direct access to the city center with the metro. We are indeed located 10 minutes away from the Champs Elysées.

We would be pleased to welcome you for your next business trip.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Although it was a good one night stay, I would not recommend this hotel as it surely not a 5* hotel. The room service range was not wide enough, and the quality was medium. Reception was kind and helpfull, but the room was small and the furniture were basic. Internet and TV provided, but not many programs. I've visited the conference room and a private cathering, but it was here also basic.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thanks you for taking the time to write a comment following your stay.

You have a lukewarm memory of your stay and I would like to present you my apologies. We attach considerable importance to our guests’ feedbacks in order to improve our service and your satisfaction. Also, I assure you that we are taking good note of your remarks. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for your next booking as we do have various newly renovated room types from 24m2.

We hope to have the chance to welcome you again,

Reviewed 3 August 2014

We stayed from Thursday to Sunday at this hotel for a few days break to sightsee.
We took the M1 yellow metro line every day at 1.70 euros each, usually getting off at the Louvre. It was so easy to use and would recommend it to everyone. We went on the sightseeing boat on the Seine and the Big Tour Bus. Both were brilliant.
The hotel is situated next to the Grande Arche and we spent time sitting on the steps looking down the Champs Elysees. There are plenty of eating places and great shopping near the hotel and Vapiano is a must.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank helenomo

Dear Guest,

Thanks for you comment ! We are delighted that you appreciated your stay in our hotel and that you enjoyed our location next to the Grande Arche and only 10 minutes away from the Champs Elysées.

It is our hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Stayed here after cycling from london and had a great nights sleep. The beds are very comfortable and a nice big room too. Free wifi was available too. Drinks in the hotel are expensive though at €13 for a "large" beer.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a comment.
We are delighted that you felt comfortable in our room, especially after your long day cycling!

We truly hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

The Pullman is a nice hotel convenient for La Defense business district (and some shopping) close to various Metro's but is not Paris Centre. All the staff I had encounters with were polite and very helpful. Breakfast was excellent, spacious area and tables set out nicely. Rooms are nice (nothing more) and the bathroom facilities good. The only real disappointment was the resturant food in the evening. Dined with three colleagues and out of four only one actually enjoyed the food, service was good but the food lacked flavour. Would I stay again? yes, but for convenience more than anything else.
Gym - Small but clean and equipped with most facilities, including steam room.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

We would like first to thank you for taking the time to write a comment.

We are pleased that you felt welcomed by our team.
However, I would like to present you my sincerest apologies for your experience at the restaurant. Your feedback is very important to enable us to improve our services. Please be assured that we are taking good note of yours.

We hope to have the chance to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

A comfortable 5* Accor hotel which is very convenient for business in La Defence and indeed just 3 mins walk from the metro and RER. While LD is primarily a business area, the architecture is impressive and La Grande Arche really worth seeing!

There is also a good shopping centre (Les 4 Temps) right there too.

The hotel is clean and comfortable, with good service and a nice restaurant/bar. There is a well looked after, but inevitably small gym in the basment. The breakfast buffet is decent, though a little limited, by some standards.

My room was good and certainly bigger than you might get in the centre of Paris where space is of course at a premium. Comfortable bed and a good bathroom with both bath and large, separate shower. It was a little soulless (no decoration whatsoever in my room, though I see another reviewer says "awsome decor", so he obviously had something smarter). Comes with coffee/tea facilities.

Ca €70 taxi ride from CDG airport (or €45 with Uber). And the metro M1 goes straight to the Arc de Triomphe, Champs Elyses, Concorde, Les Tuilleries, Louvre, etc

Free WiFi throughout the hotel, but a very irritating system which requires logging in again and again (tip - remember to switch off auto log-on as for me at least this made it more difficult).

For romance and really experiencing Paris I would pick a little hotel in the centre of town, but for comfort at a reasonable price, concenient logistics and especially if neednig to be in La Defence for business, this works very well.

Room Tip: Better view presumably on the higher floors (19 in total)
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your comment. We really appreciate it and I am sure it will be very usefull for future guests.

We are very pleased to read that your stay reached your expectations and that you felt comfortable in our room.

It will be a real pleasure to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

A Double room....

ROOMS - Comfortable, Air Conditioning (with thermostat), Mini-bar (horrendously priced as ever)

BATHROOMS - En-suite with Power Shower

FACILITIES - Coffee, Tea, 2 Milk cartons (tight fisted in a 5-star)

BREAKFAST - DON'T WASTE 26 EUROS. Shockingly bad. A queue from the lift to the restaurant entrance because they're more bothered about claiming the money via your room number (at a snails pace. sorry l'escargot!) than serving breakfast. And it was tepid-to-cold at best. When I spoke to LIBERTY to let her know the hotplate keeping the food warm was OFF she came back faster than Usain Bolt and said "No it isn't" to which I promptly held my hand on the hotplate for over 10 seconds (don't worry folks, as I just said it was OFF!!) and said I was disappointed her eagerness to reply curtly and rudely was faster than her lack of eagerness to keep the food warm. Why argue is beyond me. The food was cold and the scrambled egg was horrible and bacon that was marginally warm, and sausages which were clock cold.
Go into the La Grand Arche square and LE BISTRO AU VIN does a cracking breakfast at less than half the price and immeasurably more edible AND hot !!

LOCATION - Close to all the business buildings off the square - La Grand Arche.

PARKING - No parking was required.

RECEPTION - Helpful and courteous !

SUMMARY - Rooms fine - Food shockingly bad. I complained to the staff and was curtly fobbed off.

THINGS CLOSE BY -
1) La Grand Arche
2) Coeur Defense offices
3) Metro Station

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
PullmanLaDefense, Directeur général at Pullman Paris La Defense, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comment. You have a lukewarm memory of your stay and I would like to present you my sincerest apaologies, especially for your experience during your breakfast.

We attach great importance to our guests feedback in order to improve our service and your satisfaction. Feel free to contact me directly by email at h3013-QM@accor.com in order to provide your contact details and be assured that we will work with our team to prevent any future occurence.

We hope that, following our improvements, we may have the chance to win back your trust.