“Good location, nice rooms, great price point.”

Adagio La Defense Esplanade
Ranked #23 of 41 Hotels in La Defense
Melbourne, Australia
“Good location, nice rooms, great price point.”
Reviewed 29 September 2011

We got a 4 person apartment and it was very nice. The only thing I would say is that the it had one double bed, a sofa bed and pullout bed, not the 3rd and fourth people may not be as comfortable.

The rooms are very nice and clean, and the surrounding area is nice although quiet on the weekends as its in a business district of Paris.

The location is good, its about a 5-10min walk to the closet Metro/RER stop (Grande Arche La Defense). From here it takes about 20-25minutes on the Metro or 15minutes on the RER (Regional Express Railway) to get into central paris.

It costs about 8.5 for a daily RER ticket which we ended up getting most days as it was easier and quicker as it meant you could use any train (metro or RER) all day. It also cost about the same for the one way from Charles De Gaulle to La Defense.

The only bad thing about the location is it a bit hard to find the first time. We asked the taxi drivers at the train station and they sent us on a wild goose chase :P

The easiest way I can descibe it is when you come out of the Metro/RER at La Defense you will see a giant statue of a thumb, walk towards it and turn LEFT at it and you will head up a wide pedestrian go down 3 escalators and come to a road, cross the road and go down the road directly opposite you until the end (only like 100m) and its on your left.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank TheLuggage53

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Arabic first
Reviewed 1 May 2011

We are a family 2 adults and one child were in Paris in the period 23-29 April. We booked studio, there was a double bed and sofa which can be turned to a double bed. The kitchen is provided with good equipments. The bathrom is modern and clean. The WC is seperated.
The hotel is 2 minutes from Metro station. M1 line in calm area. I advise the hotel without doubt specially to the families.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank MSJSAM
NYC
Reviewed 5 March 2011

My husband was traveling for business @ la defense and our family went along (myself and our 4 and 6 year old kids). We stayed the Adagio La Defense for 2 weeks. I would highly recommend this apartment hotel.

This is an apartment hotel. But since its also a hotel there is a front desk, cleaning service (weekly), ability to leave your luggage before checking or after check out, and service/support 24/7.
The staff at the front desk and in the hotel were super friendly, courteous, helpful, and always available. And everyone spoke english which was nice. We never got the name of the young lady who check us in and was there most of the days, but she was AMAZING.

There is a small dining room where breakfast is served for 10 euros. It was nice since we arrived on the 1st day at 9 am, but our room wasn't ready till 2 and we could still drop off our luggage, eat, and relax a bit before heading out for a bit

The room/apartment was a full 1 bedroom. It looks like everything is fairly new and in great shape. We had a full 1 bedroom with a very comfortable queen bed. The living room had a sofa which turned into a very comfy bed as well. If open, it was a bit tight, but when closed it was very roomy for the 4 of us. There is a table with 2 chairs and 2 fold away chairs for work or eating. There is also a counter with 2 bar stools. The kitchen had a nice size fridge, microwave, and stove top (no oven), and dishwasher. Some basic utensils. All was clean - spotless and in good condition. Also had coffee maker and water boiler.

There is a laundry room with 1 machine / dryer which is very expensive (5 euro for wash, 2.5 euro for dry) but its better than carrying tons of luggage for 4 people.

A 10 minute walk takes you to Les 4 Temps shopping mall. It is huge, and has a large supermarket - Auchan nearby. For a family with kids, it was a huge plus to have access to the supermarket and a kitchen. I can't imagine dealing with all meals at restaurants with the kids while my husband was at work!!

The location was in la defense, maybe a half block from the Metro Station on the 1 line. We took the metro multiple times per day. We never waited more than 1 minutes for a metro. It was quick and easy to get to any location in paris from la defense, even at night.

If you are sick of la defense, there are some local restaurants in Puteaux, the town near by behind the hotel. You can also walk over the bridge to Pont De nuelly and there are a million very good restaurants in this residential area.

All, convenient location, good hotel, well maintained. For a family wanting to travel to Paris, I would say its a great option, whether for work or leisure.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
6 Thank miraNyc
Zagreb
Reviewed 9 November 2008

I am glad I was in this hotel because otherwise I wouldn't see La Defense, an attractive and completely different side of Paris. Although the city centre is beautiful and famous, La Defense is also worth seeing. Now about the hotel - it wasn't good. Old, not recently refurbished, with a weird entrance in the basement and reception desk on the 1st floor! Room was apartment-type, with kitchen and small living room, but everything was very old, dusty and dirty - bathroom also. Good side was that metro station was a few minutes away, and it took us 7 stops to the center of Champs-Elysees. Big shopping center and Grand Arche were on the other side of the hotel, also just a few minutes away. There was a lot to see in the La Defense too, especially in New Year days, when we were there, but you could skip this hotel.

• Stayed December 2007
2 Thank traveldigger

Travellers are raving about these La Defense hotels

Colchester, Essex
Reviewed 30 April 2008

Location was key to me as I had an 8am meeting in La Defanse, but this turned out OK. I wasn't the cheapest hotel but you do get a lot of space for your money.

The room was a small apartment, with hall, sitting room/kitchenette, bedroom, bathroom and separate toilet. There were loads of cupboards and some reasonable fittings. Wireless connectivity, Flat screen TV (never tried it) phone, etc.

Staff were polite and spoke good English. The room was showing its age, particularly the bathroom with some peeling melamine around the vanity unit. But it was clean and no smell of smoke, even though I was on a smoking floor
The location was just great for me. Paris end of la Defanse. Very close to the Metro station. I travelled by Eurostar into Gare du Nord and got a taxi to the hotel. This took over an hour at 6pm so wouldn’t do that again unless I had load of luggage. On the way back I took the Metro and did it in less an 30mins.

If I was staying for more than one night so wanted a place to feel at home in, or I was with my wife, I would not hesitate to go back. Just for one night on my own it was OK, but not cheap.

• Liked — Large space
  • Disliked — looking a bit old
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank 955Roger
Canada
Reviewed 7 September 2007

My company booked me into this hotel after being horrified by the $400 night prices at the Sofitel next door. Mistake. The extra cost would have been worth it.

This hotel is in a serious need of a facelift. The woodwork and paint are both worn down. The location is far from the centre of Paris, but you expect this when you stay for work in La Defense.

The rooms were o.k. - apartment style with plain furnishings, and actually quite a bit of room for a Paris hotel.

But I can honestly say I will ask my company to pay the additional money to stay at the Sofitel, or somewhere in Paris with character.

• Liked — large rooms
  • Disliked — location
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank HernameisRio
London
Reviewed 16 November 2006

The hotel/Apartment building looks ok as you enter the lobby but beyond that it is tired and needs a face lift. The carpets are gubby, the decoration is poor and the kitched past its best.

Take care if you come back to the hotel after 10:00 pm as you can be the only person in the area and you might not feel safe walking from the Metro.

• Stayed November 2006