“Good place, excellent location,”

Adagio La Defense Esplanade
Ranked #24 of 41 Hotels in La Defense
Reviewed 13 June 2013

I found this hotel to be ideally located - not much far from a Metro station, in the central location of La Defense.

The room was clean and specious. Better part was that it had a small kitchenette also, which turned out to be very handy. It had an iron-board and a steam press, which again was very handy and I appreciate this part.

Rooms have a small balcony also, that helps you relax after a tough day's work.

However, there is access control to enter even the reception area, which was weird from my point of view.

Overall, it was a good place, worth value for money.

Room Tip: Pick up rooms at higher floors. Good view and lot of wind.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 9 June 2013

I seriously don't know what's wrong with the apartment hotels at La Defense but they are expensive and small. The most disturbing is that they are not clean as well.
Adagio is a little cleaner than the competition around but do not expect too much. For 1 night could work but do not plan a longer stay. In case for long stay they will charge you for everything possible extra as well.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank SJBK88
Reviewed 2 June 2013

I was looking for a last minute accommodation for our long weekend family trip to Paris and the Adagio apartment hotel simply fulfilled all our needs. We booked single bedroom apartment. In small living room there is a folding bed, separated practical kitchenette with microwave, refrigerator, kettle, cutlery, etc. The room equipment is already quite used, however all is clean and nicely renovated. The bathroom is in high standard, clean. Towels, shower gel and soap available.
The hotel location is simply great as there is a metro station just behind the corner bringing us to the 'must see' places within few minutes. Not being in this part of Paris before we also enjoyed discovering the neighboring La Defense area although it's not typical Paris for us.
Disadvantage in this location is parking if traveling by car like us. There are parking houses around but pretty expensive. I was lucky finding some parking at one of the streets.
Advantage - very quite area in the nights as it's only offices around.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank KristianLanger
Reviewed 31 May 2013

We stayed at this hotel from May 21st to May 25th. Out of all of the hotels we stayed at during our trip in Europe, this was definitely the best one! There is only one negative comment that I have about it but I'll get to that later. Right now I'll go over the pros: the hotel is perfectly located; the La Defense area of Paris is modern, safe, beautiful, etc. Not only that, but the subway station is at a three minute walk from the lobby, from which you can get to the Arc de Triomphe in about 10 minutes and to the Eiffel Tower in about 15. The kitchen comes fully equipped with frying pans, cooking utensils, silverware, glasses, microwave, fridge, stove, dishwasher, coffee machine, etc. (pictures attached). Also, the staff is very friendly and helpful (they even printed a few documents for us for free), and they even managed to understand my bad French. There is a nice sense of security to this place, since you need your key card to come in and out of the building and to go up past the lobby on the elevator (even with your key card, the elevator always makes a stop at the lobby so that they can check if everything's okay real quick), and there is also a safe in your room. Lastly, the hotel is only a few steps away (or just one subway stop away) from a huge shopping mall called Les Quatre Temps, where you can find anything from Auchan (great place to get your groceries) to Zara, not to mention lots of nice restaurants for every taste you could crave.
The only negative comment I have about it is that whoever answers the hotel's e-mail is neither efficient nor friendly. At first, I used their website to reserve the room but it seems like it didn't like my international card, so they sent me an unfriendly e-mail saying that I needed to send them a new credit card to try or they would cancel my reservation. I sent them one (not happy about having to do that over e-mail) and the next thing I heard from them was that my reservation had been cancelled. They didn't even seem to care about it. So then I used a booking website where I had already used my card before with no problem and paid for the non-refundable fee so that I wouldn't have to pay at the hotel. After this, I sent them three e-mails asking them to please confirm my reservation and they never replied. The website's customer service department confirmed to me that the payment had gone through, but I still would've appreciated a confirmation from the hotel itself. They were very efficient at cancelling my reservation but not at confirming it.
Even so, I would most definitely stay at this hotel again and I would definitely recommend it to anyone who wishes to stay at a nice apartment in a very nice area of Paris!

I always like to mention a few tips on my reviews, so here they go: the Esplanade de la Defense subway station does not have an escalator to go down to the platform, so be mindful of that if you're carrying heavy luggage or a stroller or something like that. There is an escalator but it only goes up. Also, be sure to exit the hotel, walk a few feet towards the subway until you find some stairs on your left, and go up to the esplanade; you'll enjoy a rare sight with both the Arc de Triomphe AND the Eiffel Tower on the horizon. Lastly, if it happens to rain while you're there, just exit the hotel but go right instead of left and turn right. You'll enter the underground tunnels (there are no roads on the esplanade, so cars need to take these tunnels) which take you to the subway station. You can also take the tunnels going back to the hotel. The entrance to the tunnels is probably four or five steps away from the entrance to the hotel, so it's very convenient.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank VictorMiyagi
Reviewed 15 April 2013

I decided to check in to an Apartment hotel for 3 weeks whilst in Paris.

On arrival the receptionist was very pleasant and polite, the studio apartment was for 2 persons, so it was a reasonable size, well fitted out for the number of people.

The decor was good and the decor in the rest of the hotel looked like it has been redone recently.

Staying for the length that I was I got a good rate - it was cheaper to book all 3 weeks than just the nights I was staying as I saved alot on the rate.

I would use again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Steve B
Reviewed 14 April 2013

There are a lot of hotels in the La Defense area - do yourself a favour and don't choose this one. I booked a 4 person apartment here for 3 weeks. Almost as soon as we arrived in Paris my daughter became unwell. After 2 days in this hotel I asked for the towels to be changed and was firmly told that they only change towels once a week. I explained that my daughter had been unwell and for the sake of hygiene they needed to be changed and I was willing to pay. After a phone call I was told that they'd change them that day for free but it would be 15 Euros per day thereafter. Great...except I waited 5 hours and they didn't change them. Went back to reception, got a different receptionist and explained again. An hour later housekeeper arrives with not 3 sets of towels but 3 towels. I gave up and did a boil wash in the laundry room myself.
This brings me on to the laundry room: one washing machine and one dryer. 5 Euro to wash and 2,50 Euro to dry. So to wash and dry one load of washing you need 7,50 in the correct coinage - no credit cards can be used and there isn't a way to charge it to your room. Most days I was doing 2 loads which meant I needed 15 euros in coins EVERY DAY. Ridiculous system. They don't keep a bank of coins at reception and I was told that they could only suggest that I go out to a shop to get some...which is impossible if the shops are closed and also impossible if you have a sick child that you're not going to leave on its own in a hotel.
Twice I paid for the dryer and it wouldn't switch on. There is a centralised unit that accepts the coins for the washer & dryer but it took the money without allowing me to switch the dryer on. The receptionist told me that the laundry coin machine is run by another company is nothing to do with Adagio Hotel...they were taking no responsibilty for it whatsoever. She wouldn't even give me 2,50 euro in order to dry the clothes, so I was left with a load of wet clothing and no way of drying them.
The apartment was also so small that when the sofa bed is used as a bed, only 2 people can sit at the table to eat as there's no room for more chairs.
Reception is at level 0 and the exit is 2 floors below at -2. You need to use your key card in order to exit the hotel. While we were there the card-activated door mechanism wasn't always working and we had to buzz reception every time we wanted into the hotel. This wasn't so bad - however there was no way to buzz reception from the inside of the hotel which meant we had to go up 2 floors and tell reception that the door wouldn't open and then return to -2 in order to leave. Apart from the inconvenience of this, I was worried about the safety aspect - how would we be able to exit here if we needed to get out fast?
All of the other comments people have made about the physical state of the hotel are true (stained carpets and wall coverings, fittings falling off walls, noise from neighbouring rooms) but the worst part of staying here was the attitude of the staff.
I left after 12 days and I was glad to leave. I don't think I've ever felt less welcome anywhere.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel - there are plenty others in this area and they'll be better than this one.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank mimi1974
Reviewed 2 March 2013

The metro is just right next to the hotel. The area is nice, quite and clean.
The big shopping mall is just 5 minutes walk.
Good view of Grande arc and champ-Elysee.

The room has a kitchen inside and it was very clean.
The TV are all in French though.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business