“Turn around and RUN!!! HORRIBLE”
Review of Driftwood Motel

Driftwood Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Wheatfield B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 October 2012

Where do I begin. This is the absolute worst experience I have ever had in my life. Staff is rude and confrontational, rooms are dumps place looks like a blast from 1970. We had planned a weekend getaway for a birthday celebration. Had reservations in Niagara Falls for a dinner theater show. This place was close by and seemed ok. Paid 150.00 for a "king SUITE" with jacuzzi. What a S**thole is unserstatement of the year on this place. Pulled up to the place, office was locked, sign said "honk for service", should have been our first clue to beat feet out of there. Waited for the man to come open up the office to check us in. Given a key for a room just down from the office area. Room was dirty and musty, bathroom was gross. Pink fixtures, pink ridiculous round bed. Tv barely worked. Room was absolutely FREEZING, this was a typical chilly fall October day. I proceeded to the office to inform someone that the room was cold, and was told that they would "turn the heat on" and that they didn't usually until guests arrived....come on, it's 50 degrees out??!! Waited for 45 min for heat, still freezing. We needed to change clothes to attend our event and I was more comfortable changing in the car! Called the online booking service that I booked through and complained, who in turn called this dump and spoke to another clerk. Ended up back in the office with the "staff" in a screaming match to get a refund, which they refused. Round and round with these people until we threatened to call the police, had them check the room with us to see that it was in fact freezing, they finally relented and gave us a refund likely just to get rid of us at that point. Ended up late for our event reservation, had to change in the car. Ultimately booked a very nice room at the Millenium in Buffalo for 100.00! this dump was 150.00 for all of the aggravation. Please, please do not waste you time, money, nerves on this absolutely disgusting miserable hellhole. I wish I could give it a rating WORSE than TERRIBLE!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank S T

Reviewed 21 August 2012

OMG; I have no idea where to start, first of all this place is called Driftwood Suites they should change the name to Driftwood MOTEL cause this is how is felt. The room was cold and very must, the walls were dirty, we actually mosquito webs on the wall. The bathroom was gross like it wasn’t cleaned in days, the mattress were old and starting to come apart,. The sheets were gross.. THE WORST NIUGHT IOF MY LIFE. My husband and I had to sleep in out outside clothes for warmth because we refused to use the nasty sheets. Travellers I recommend if you’re on a budget sleep in your car. Thank God it was only one night..Never again

Room Tip: I should've stayed in my car
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank jennyrocha
Reviewed 13 August 2012

I read all of the reviews and could not believe that we were all talking about the the same place( I double checked-it was).We stayed there in July and found our room to be new.,modern and perfectly clean- with no bugs of any kind. The room was basic. but what could one expect for $50?:. and it did have ac and a television, IT COULD BE that we stayed in the new building which could have been nicer than the older rooms, but this would not explain the difference in the care that they received.. The owner was polite with us AND WAS VERY HELPFUL when a personal problem arose just after we arrived. The only thing that I could say against the place was that the free breakfast was too full of sugars and starch.Anyway we would DEFINITELY stay there again!

Room Tip: try to get a room in the new building The owner seemed a bit reserved at first, but if you talk to...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 December 2011

I was looking for an inexpensive place to stay during a Thanksgiving visit with relatives in Niagara Falls so I booked the Driftwood via priceline. I should have known I was in for an "adventure" when the room key wouldn't unlock the door (the night manager acknowledged there was an issue, but won't give me another room). Unlocking the door was hit or miss, and often took several minutes to accomplish. For the sake of brevity, other issues with this motel were problems getting the heat to work, problems with the TV (the picture faded out every 5 minutes and you had to hit it to get it back), and very thin walls - the room on the left sounded like it had been rented by the hour (if you catch my drift) and it sounded like they were doing their thing in my bed, not what you want to hear at 2 am and beyond. There iwas also no maid service during the entire 3 day stay, and you have to beg for towels (and only get 2 very small thin ones). Other than waking up at 2 am with something biting my leg, the stay was "a little slice of heaven." There are much better motels in the area, I found, at about the same price. Save yourself some extreme aggrevation - AVOID THIS PLACE AT ALL COSTS!!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank Rich S
Reviewed 29 September 2011

We booked it online using places that are very close to Niagara Falls. In our two day trip, we planned to stay indoors for only about 6 hours, so we wanted a cheaper option. This was cheap but the beds were not that great. There was no room service. We spent most of our time at Niagara Falls. There was lot of space for parking though which was free. The ladies in our group did not feel safe at night. The only thing that worked was that it was about 15-20 minutes drive from Niagara Falls. I do not think I'll stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank Vishal G
Reviewed 11 September 2011

The first room we saw was infested with bugs. The manager was surprised that I had the temerity to actually complain about these additional wall scurrying occupants. We demanded another room - and a newer one was provided but at a price.

All that could be said about the new room is that it was, indeed, newer than the old room. There was no phone, probably because it had been worn out by previous occupants making complaints. There were no hand towels, thin bath towels the size of wash cloths, no hair dryer, no alarm clock, no Gideon bible, an inadequate lock on the door, no make up service for the room, no replacement towels without a visit to the lobby (which was often locked), no tissues and a generous allowance of one third of a roll of toilet paper.

The walls were so thin that the occupants of the neighbouring rooms could almost be seen, let alone heard.

The AC unit operated at random.

This is an extremely nasty place - DO NOT go there.

You have been warned!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank The_Morganator
Reviewed 4 September 2011

When we arrived I noticed the office smelled like urine. We got our keys and went to the room. We had to go back to the desk because the door was not functioning right... The owner was rude and said you need to push on it... We go in the room and my husband sat on the bed.. I sat down and seen something gross on the blanket... Not sure what that was so we took it off... The sheets were from the 1970's along with the carpet and the bathroom fixtures. We figured ok lets use the jiquzie... Ha Ha you turn it on and it smells like rotten eggs. You say wow off to the shower and there is mold on the shower curtain. The room is warm and you check the air conditioner and the filter is clogged with dirt. My husband went outside for a smoke and the owner is positioning his own cars to make it look like he has more guests. You wake up the next day and leave and come back in the evening and ask for towels because they never even cleaned the room. You find hair on the bed. Bugs in the room. The amount of money you spend on the place is nuts considering what you get. I would never recomend this place!! Oh and don't forget the empty pool..

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank LWandSW
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wheatfield
Best Western Summit Inn
Sleep Inn
#11 of 17 in Amherst
Radisson Hotel Niagara Falls - Grand Island
Super 8 Niagara Falls/Buffalo Area

Been to Driftwood Motel? Share your experiences!