“Horrible with Rude Staff/Owners”
Review of Driftwood Motel

Driftwood Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Wheatfield B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I have stayed in some questionable motels in my time, but this one is the worst. We didn't know where we would be that night, so we didn't plan ahead with a reservation somewhere reliable. A very nice hotel clerk near Buffalo called around to find a place that had a room, and this was all she came up with. I called and booked the room, sight unseen, at an exorbitant price, as the clerk at the Driftwood assured me it was a brand new building and very nice. When we pulled in, I knew we were in trouble. The main office was a mess and smelled bad. When we got to the room, we noticed a significant water stain on the ceiling. There was no phone, the fold out cot (an extra $20) almost sank to the floor, the chairs were stained, and the bed was held up on blocks of wood on one side. Around midnight, the neighbors upstairs started taking showers, and that's when the dripping started. I called to complain about the leak, and got no satisfaction. When a different person called me back 4 minutes later to ask if I had a noise problem, I said yes (the walls, as well as the plumbing, are apparently paper thin), but my bigger issue was the leak, the they had to know about because it was huge. He told me no, they didn't know it was a problem. I told him we would talk in the am, but that I was very unhappy. I was in a no smoking room, but the pillows smelled of smoke. In the am, after taking a shower, I saw a giant black hair on the towel (not my own), folded up on the inside. I spoke to the manager on our way out to request a partial refund for the crappy night, but got nothing but rudeness and argument. So unprofessional. SO RUDE. I called the other manager on the phone and got more of the same. He told me they were not the Wyndham or the Holiday Inn, and didn't have to follow the same rules. You would be better off staying in your car than in this crap-hole. The owner/managers are the worst. Stay far, far away! They will take advantage of you any chance they get.

Room Tip: There is no good room… stay far far away from this dump!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank 315travelers4

Reviewed 4 August 2014

If you are traveling then you need to keep going right past this hotel! This is a rundown motel and should be booked as such! Staff is rude and facilities are substandard. Many nicer places in town and cheeper

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Iron R
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I booked this hotel for my father's stay in Niagara Falls. My father went in and paid for his room and told them I had made a reservation. They charged my dad and turned around and charged me for a no show. When I called them on it they said they would give me back my money. Well a week later no money back in my account yet. I called back and they said they had not intentions in giving me back my money and hung up on me. I have lost 124.00 with this hotel.

Room Tip: Watch you money with this hotel they will rip you off!!!!
Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Armywife66916
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

A Night in Hell! This was 2 of the worst nights sleep of our lives. The bed was hard as a rock. The room was filthy. It had biting ants that attacked us. The room was a throwback to the 1960s. There was a no refund policy posted clearly because they knew people would be demanding their money back. We paid $180 for two nights in hell. We had to go buy a $100 air mattress at Walmart just to be able to get any kind of sleep for the second night. It ended up being a very expensive hotel stay after all. Do yourself a favor and run away from this hotel!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank DocgirlSpringfield
Reviewed 15 May 2013

I booked online for May 5 to May 7 and took a chance as I was looking for economy and upon arriving at motel, I found that it appeared a little dated and parking lot needing repairs. I located the manager and was given the room key. The room was clean, smelled fresh and no smoke odor, had a newer bed, table, fridge and microwave. Wifi worked well, evening was quiet and I enjoyed my stay. The manager was very friendly and appeared to be very hardworking. I have just read all the previous reviews and assume that a management change has taken place. Equipment was on site to upgrade the parking lot. Motel is close to Walmart and local restaurants and for the price, I would stay there again. If luxury is in your sights, then you would have to pay much more. If you just need a place to sleep during your trip, then value for the money can be found here.

Room Tip: Non smoking rooms are the best.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 October 2012

Where do I begin. This is the absolute worst experience I have ever had in my life. Staff is rude and confrontational, rooms are dumps place looks like a blast from 1970. We had planned a weekend getaway for a birthday celebration. Had reservations in Niagara Falls for a dinner theater show. This place was close by and seemed ok. Paid 150.00 for a "king SUITE" with jacuzzi. What a S**thole is unserstatement of the year on this place. Pulled up to the place, office was locked, sign said "honk for service", should have been our first clue to beat feet out of there. Waited for the man to come open up the office to check us in. Given a key for a room just down from the office area. Room was dirty and musty, bathroom was gross. Pink fixtures, pink ridiculous round bed. Tv barely worked. Room was absolutely FREEZING, this was a typical chilly fall October day. I proceeded to the office to inform someone that the room was cold, and was told that they would "turn the heat on" and that they didn't usually until guests arrived....come on, it's 50 degrees out??!! Waited for 45 min for heat, still freezing. We needed to change clothes to attend our event and I was more comfortable changing in the car! Called the online booking service that I booked through and complained, who in turn called this dump and spoke to another clerk. Ended up back in the office with the "staff" in a screaming match to get a refund, which they refused. Round and round with these people until we threatened to call the police, had them check the room with us to see that it was in fact freezing, they finally relented and gave us a refund likely just to get rid of us at that point. Ended up late for our event reservation, had to change in the car. Ultimately booked a very nice room at the Millenium in Buffalo for 100.00! this dump was 150.00 for all of the aggravation. Please, please do not waste you time, money, nerves on this absolutely disgusting miserable hellhole. I wish I could give it a rating WORSE than TERRIBLE!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank S T
Reviewed 21 August 2012

OMG; I have no idea where to start, first of all this place is called Driftwood Suites they should change the name to Driftwood MOTEL cause this is how is felt. The room was cold and very must, the walls were dirty, we actually mosquito webs on the wall. The bathroom was gross like it wasn’t cleaned in days, the mattress were old and starting to come apart,. The sheets were gross.. THE WORST NIUGHT IOF MY LIFE. My husband and I had to sleep in out outside clothes for warmth because we refused to use the nasty sheets. Travellers I recommend if you’re on a budget sleep in your car. Thank God it was only one night..Never again

Room Tip: I should've stayed in my car
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank jennyrocha

Been to Driftwood Motel? Share your experiences!