“July Wooda visit”

Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Waitstaff
Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
“July Wooda visit”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Great food and service. For a small campsite bar it was great. Good choice of fresh food and real ales. Service can be a little slow at busy times, but to be fair you would get that anywhere!

Visited July 2014

Bude, United Kingdom
“Great freshly prepared and cooked stunning pub food, restaurant quality”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We went as a group of six for an evening. In a lovely rural setting on an award winning caravan park, the bar is rustic and welcoming with plenty of space and full of character. The menu was varied and fresh . It was lovely to see such great fish on the menu and at very reasonable prices. I had the coquilles st jacques done three ways, but have to say the chorizo and scallop skewers looked incredible and the men couldn't fault their steaks, the ribeyes cooked to perfection. We spoke with the owner and she told us she has a unique charcoal grill called Mabrassa on which they cook everything. The flavour and moistness kept in the fish and meat was amazing. Recommended.

• Visited May 2014
UK
“Wonderful Meal”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Had a wonderful meal at the Courtyard. I live locally and had heard about the great food and the charcoal grill oven they got last year and had been really keen to go for a meal. I am glad I went as I wasn't disappointed. We started with homemade marinated olives that were lovely and I had the chorizo, Scallops and prawn skewers. It was lovely and you could taste the charcoal grill giving it a lovely smokey but not over powering taste. My husband had the steak which was cooked on the grill which he loved and my friend had scallops three ways which I want to have next time. I will include the photos. Lovely evening and great food.

1 Thank AnnieO6
Redditch
“Eating out at Wooda Farm”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Excellent food and friendly service in beautiful setting with outside courtyard seating area and play areas for the kids.

Bridport, United Kingdom
“Okay food nothing special.”
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

Staying in the campsite we ate here. Basic menu choice even with the specials board. Loud music which was unnecessary.
I had the garlic prawns, the bread roll advertised with them did not turn up and I had to ask for a bowl for the shells and other entrails. The salad leaves they were served with were droopy and soggy so I left them. The chips and onion rings were ok.
The most annoying thing was the staff having a meeting at the bar, especially when being served they continued chatting which is rude. (My receipt said served by Emily). Sorting out next weeks rota apparently, just what I always wanted to know.
Also the ladies bathroom had no hot water, the taps weren't even working.
The dinner also gets carried around outside before coming to your table, don't know how far, I didn't want to think about it really and the food wasn't covered over either.
Wouldn't bother eating here again and wouldn't recommend it, no chance of just a quiet drink either as the music blasts inside and out.