“Great Memories”

Sur La Mer
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Morjim
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We visited Goa in 2013 (end of November and December) and stayed in Sur La Mer

Great memories, very friendly owner and all personnel. Food was good and we have overall very pleasant experience. Was nice to get some understanding of Indian people and their character through communication with owner, his wife, staff and guests in Sur La Mer.

Would like to come back. Miss the place and people...

Natasha (Canada) & Yana (UK)

Room Tip: Probably, on the ground floor with direct access to swimming pool.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 5 May 2014

This was our second visit to goa in 5 years and we were drawn back to Sur La Mer. This is a cosy resort on the Ashwem road. The resort is about 500 mtrs away from the beach. The beach itself is very thinly populated and a great place to be. But theres a catch. Once you enter Sur La Mer, you don't want to step out!!!

The place is great with 12 odd cosy rooms with large 4 poster beds and a stair to get onto the bed!. Most of the furniture is antique procured from around India by Aneel Verman, the owner or his wife. The pool is a pure lazing around place. The staff is lovely and warm.

Aneel himself is a great cook and host. WIth him around one feels like a guest at his home and not a hotel. That's how great a host he is. We missed him on this trip but his wife made it up. We found her to be an equally great hostess, taking care of our small needs like placing a mist fan near our dinner table, ensuring we got to eat the local variety of mangoes and chiding the staff for not covering the breakfast table with a table cloth before we go there.

I would recommend an international meal, but only when Aneel is around, try his Beef or Salmon Carpaccios and you will be transposed to a different land. Omelet's and Indian Yellow Dal is another thing I would recommend, they make some of the best Omelets in the world.

Viva Casa Sur La Mer..

Room Tip: Ask for the room where you can see the beach I think 101 or 02
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I've been staying at Sur La Mer for the last 6 years and every stay has been as memorable as the first. For me, it is the only place to stay in Morjim. A beautiful boutique hotel built like a Spanish Villa with great food, great staff and the owners Rajoo and Nayan are absolutely delightful. Being in the heart of Morjim, it is a quite haven tucked away that offers rustic luxury and feels like a home
away from home. Breakfast by the pool, followed by a afternoon siesta and a candle light dinner. The staff looks after you at all times and is very attentive in their service. The food is amazing with the, 'General's menu' being my favorite. Evening drinks at the bar is always fun, as you meet other guests and get to enjoy Raju and Nayan's company. It is the only place I stay in when I am in Goa. We recently celebrated my brother's 40th there and booked the hotel for 3 days. Our guests still rave about the experience they had. The penthouse offers fantastic views and for those who like their massages, definitely get one right on top - with the breeze blowing, its magical. A hotel that is great for adults and equally friendly for kids. Ideally, located in the heart of Morjim, I would highly recommend staying here and enjoying their culinary delights. See you next season!

Room Tip: I am partial to the rooms on ground level that open up to the pool.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Sur La Mer is a wonderful place to stay in Morjim .My wife and i chose to book 3 nights after reading good reviews on trip advisor and we ended up staying 10 days it was so great Raju & Nayan(the owners) are the best hosts you could ever dream of !!!!The staff are really great and very helpful and the food is great .The hotel ambiance can be very changing,sometimes very calm and peaceful and sometimes pretty happening with good music and some very interesting guests partying around the pool we had a great time at Sur La Mer and we ll be going back there next time we are in Goa !!! Thanks to all the team at Sur La Mer for making our stay so wonderful keep up the good work !!!!!!!!

Room Tip: The penthouse is the best room ! All the rooms are very nice i prefer the ones on the ground floor n...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Sur La Mer has great ambience- beautiful pool and rooms (I personally prefer the ones on ground floor) and amazing, very personalised service.

Its the only place I stay at when I visit Goa- highly recommend.

Room Tip: I recommend asking for a room on the ground floor, the pool is right out side your door and I person...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Abigail E
Reviewed 4 April 2014

The hotel ambiance is peaceful and typical Spanish style villa.The pool view is worth to enjoy. The menu had everything and good. The suites are worth booking and staff are very assisting. Must add on your next upcoming trip...parking is bit of a problem and bit narrow road but overall the trip is worth..

Room Tip: Suite...pool view
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I stayed at Sur Le Mer with a close friend and we had the best time.
The hotel decor is a great mix of rustic chic, a lot of thought has been put into making the surrounding special and comfortable. Whether it was having chai at the poolside or a drink at the host's bar in the evening, the atmosphere was one of leisure and peace for me. The hosts are a hoot, if you get a chance to hang out with them, do!

Room Tip: If you want sunshine on the balcony in the mornings, choose one of the rooms to the right of the poo...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank KBepler
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morjim
Montego Bay Beach Village
MAP5 Village Resort Morjim
W Goa
W Goa
#1 of 13 in Vagator
La Vaiencia Beach Resort
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Goa - Arpora - Baga
Acron Waterfront Resort

Been to Sur La Mer? Share your experiences!