“relaxed”
Review of Sur La Mer

Sur La Mer
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Morjim
Reviewed 29 March 2009

Thanks to the great personal character of owner, manager
Aneel Verman "Sur la Mer" is very far above the average Indian quality
of smaller hotels and resorts you find in Goa. The hotel is situated in the
most interesting part of North Goa, away from the average tourism industry.
In Sur la Mer you spend your days in splendid relaxation - in style reminding
you more about Toscana than India. But don't be mistaken Sur La Mer is Goa at its best.
Danish family

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Sur La Mer

Reviewed 13 March 2009

We are back in the states now but continue to reminisce about our stay and the wonderful experiences we had at Sur La Mer.  The place was clean, pretty with delightful antiques and very romantic. It is 7 minutes from the beach which was nice because it had a more private feel and was away from some of the party activities. The owner and his family were friendly and went out of their way to accomodate us and make us feel comfortable. The gourmet food was excellent and so were their staff. This experience is well worth the money. Everything was delightful!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 March 2009

Wanted to stay somewhere different for last two nights of a ten day yoga holiday in Goa. Sur La Mer had recently opened and came with a recommendation of our local contact.
Great atmophere and setting.
The rooms were nicely decorated, with tasteful furntiture bedlinens, and luxury bathrooms. They are comfortable, clean, quiet and with air conditioning. Everything you need for an enjoyable relaxing stay.
Our host, Aneel was a delight -- really looked after us during our stay, and treats his guests as if they are staying in his own home. Drinks and dinners outside in the evening under the stars, really unrivalled.
A must for some luxury and some TLC.

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 23 February 2009

Our group went to Goa for a wedding, I booked the rooms before any reviews were posted on Tripadvisor. I usually check Tripadvisior before
I make any booking however this time, I took a chance based on my communication with Aneel, owner, gourmet chief, bartender and great story teller. We were not disappointed, he made us all feel welcomed. His wife Nayan took extra care of my son who had deli belly before even arriving in Goa. You feel like you are with family when you stay there, they feed you, care about how you feel, go out of the way to keep you happy.
what hotel owner takes you out for dinner on your last night there? or has
special fireworks just for you? I will always cherish my time there, I cannot think of any other hotel that would give you this kind of care.
See the movie Outsource to get a better of the India lifestyle, and relax and enjoy Goa..check out the Wednesday flea market, great deals,

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Marin1
Reviewed 17 February 2009

first thing I must say the owners are a very nice couple extremely welcoming and for the ones who do not know goa very much helpful.

Also the food is excellent must say succulent and really good value for money!

the rooms are goanese type with nice furniture and exquisite taste.
very romantic though we were with our baby...

for children / we were staying on the upper floor but the balcony is babyproof / safe no hole or any danger for us - which is not the case everywhere you go!
Also my baby moves A LOT and eats everything and did not get any problem - this is a clean place really

Negative point / this is not BY the beach I mean this is 10mn walk max and the beach is very nice outthere with a wonderful french restaurant but this is not BY the beach - in any case in goa beaches are not the main part - the important thing is to be well located as to me... this is not far from the most interesting places - old goa, markets, parties etc

Cheers

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 February 2009

Well...this was one place were I did not know what exactly to expect. We usually go to the "recomended" hotels, and we chose Sur la mer purely cause it was close to a place were a friend was getting married.
What greeted us was a truly memorable stay. Sur la mer is very private as there are only a few rooms and that adds to its charm. The owner, I think it was Aneel was very hospitable and warm. The food was very good and it was nice to see a very different menu. The rooms are very spacious and the breeze flies in quite nicely. The beds are also very comfortable...(although a little high for kids). The TV although an LCD was quite small for the size of the room. The room service, although sometimes a bit slow, was still quite lovely.
To sum up, Sur la Mer is a great pick than your normal Leela's or Taj properties. Here u feel that u are on a truly relaxed holiday unlike the feeling u get of attending a business conference in shorts:-) in some other properties... cheers and a high rating from me...

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank Pach24
Reviewed 6 February 2009

My family and I had a wonderful time at Sur La Mer, Goa. The resort is located away from the usual crowded spots of Goa and yet close to a beautiful secluded beach( a mere 5 min walk), which by all accounts is 'almost private'. The resort is tastefully done and the rooms are well appointed. Should you have any time to laze and would like to watch a movie, Aneel(the owner) will generously offer his personal dvd collection, which is eclectic to say the least, and you will find a few movies to suit your taste & if you are looking out for books, Aneel will offer the use of his personal library, which is varied enough to cater to any of your moods.

How can i ever forget the culinary experience at Sur La Mer! Absolutely unbelievable! We left the choice of dishes to Aneel and that was the best decision. Each of our dinners' was completely different with a wide assortment of international dishes, done to perfection, personally by Aneel. Infact, Aneel is a wonderful chef and his involvement in the resort is total because of which the resort exudes his infectious enthusiasm.

My family and I had a wonderful holiday at Sur La Mer & i'm sure anyone who goes there will have a similar experience.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morjim
La Vaiencia Beach Resort
#8 of 14 in Morjim
Rococco Ashvem
Rococco Ashvem
#2 of 6 in Pernem

Been to Sur La Mer? Share your experiences!