“Lots of untapped potential.”

Pirache Village Eco Resorts
Ranked #13 of 53 Speciality Lodging in Morjim
Pune, India
“Lots of untapped potential.”
Reviewed 9 April 2013

We were attending the Goa Project un-conference (my wife, myself and a friend) and decided to stay here as the rates seemed reasonable and the resort was close to the venue.

On the outset, this would be one of the less expensive places that I have stayed at - and I wasn't expecting any extraordinary service. I would have rated this place higher if the basic amenities were taken care off - which were lacking at places.

Overall, we had a nice experience and no major complaints. The staff informed me that they would be tearing the place down this summer and rebuilding it and I hope they do a nice job at it - because it is really a lovely location and a 2 min walk from the beach.

First, let me start with the positives:
1. The resort looks very pretty once you enter and the landscaping is done nicely.
2. It is literally a stone's throw away from the beach and you can walk in / out anytime.
3. The management promised peace and quiet and no weird crowds - and they delivered. It was actually very peaceful.
4. The caretaking staff was super helpful (a couple of boys) and they were quick to respond and help out. They made our stay worthwhile actually.

What I didn't like about the place:
The resort is advertised as an eco-village - where everything, including the material for the construction of the huts is supposed to be ecological / bio-degradable. The place is also super economical and we paid around Rs. 1800 / night.
However, the quality of construction and maintenance had a lot to be desired.

1. Our bathroom doors did not latch as they did not close properly - no matter what you tried.
2. We did not have hot water for a day and a half and the water pressure was too low to take a shower. Had to resort to a bucket bath.
3. Toiletries were not given and were only available on request.
4. We stayed for 4 days and they give you a complimentary bottle of water only on day 1. Apparently, you are supposed to make your own water arrangements (there are no shops close by) or you can buy a liter of water from them for 30 bucks a bottle. I found this extremely weird.
5. A mosquito net is needed to sleep at night because the place is susceptible to insects and mosquitoes. (We also noticed a couple of lizards and huge cockroaches in the bathroom).
However, the mosquito net provided by them was of inadequate size and could not be tucked in properly.
6. The bed is a mattress on a low-lying concrete slab - so you are sleeping pretty close to the ground.
7. I did not feel completely safe as the resort only has a bamboo gate and no security personnel as such. However, a person does sit at the reception throughout the night and I was assured that the neighbourhood is extremely peaceful (which it is).
8. The lighting in the room is extremely dim. I had to use a torch to look into the cupboard to find some stuff at nights.

I understand that this is a budget hotel - but I am sure all the points that I made can easily be taken care off - if you are charging 1800 / night.

Overall, I had a pleasant experience - and no major complaints.
But I was a tad disappointed.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank mod8

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Ahmedabad, India
Reviewed 21 March 2013

after booking online for a hut in the palm pirache resort...we were given a small dingy smelly room...after some argument we were shifted to adjoining pirache village eco resort huts...and it turned out to be a great experience...location is far from the happening beaches of baga and anjuna but best for a peaceful stay near the quite and bful morjim beach which is just across the road...living in a hut was a unique awesm experience...lovely place at a very reasonable price...very traditional like a sweet village with all facilities.

Room Tip: prefer a hut not a room, both are at same price but there's a huge difference
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pallavi A
Delhi, Delhi, India
Reviewed 27 February 2013

The only trouble with the resort is locating the place if you get to Morjim in dark (after 2200 hrs). Rest every bit of hospitality is well taken care by Kalpesh & other staff.
This place is meant for travellers who are looking at peaceful surroundings and living in/with the nature. Each cottage gives you a lot of privacy as well as good space & comfort. Mine had a hammock & an outdoor shower which made it a unique experience. It is the closest resort to Morjim beach & the beach itself is one of the quieter ones in North Goa.
I look forward to being here for a longer stay as a solo traveller again.

Room Tip: If you want to experience the outdoor shower, then ask for the one which is next to dining area.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank rawny21
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 22 February 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights 9-10 Feb'13 with my wife. For first night we stayed in a smaller hut and next day we moved to large one which is huge and lovely. Resort is very calm and beautiful. Staff is very helpful and ready to help any time of the day. Its bit far from everything but you can always hire a bike and all problems are resolved. Morjim beach is just across the road. Only problem we faced was mosquitoes, they are everywhere, dining area, outside room,... There is a mosquito net available in room but carry odomos or something with you for protection. My wife got red swellings all over her hands and legs due to mosquito bites.

Room Tip: Go for large huts. They are very spacious and amazing.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank varun2312
Helsinki
Reviewed 13 February 2013

I spent a week in this beautiful resort on January 2013. Location was ok, but a bit far from everything. However you could here the music during the night pretty loud. After I asked I got mosquito net in my room.. That is essential, because there is many of those after sunset. Staff was very friendly and organized my airport drop. Restaurant is simple, but good Ayurveda food. Every morning yoga available with 500 rupis and massage also.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Tuomikukka
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 4 February 2013

Pirache almost took me to some of the calmer locations of south-east Asia. Staid. Comfortable. Some aura. Top notch sleep quality. Lovely early mornings. Hot breakfast served with home-madeish tea. Sit out areas outside each room, which (thankfully) are well lit enough to ensure you can read deep into the night on a chilly evening (ask for a pot of tea or coffee to go with it). A stone's throw away is the Morjhim beach. Which is where you'd need to head to satisfy your craving for alcohol or non-veg food, because Pirache is a vegetarian, no-alcohol place and much better for it. Go for an early morning jog. Wash it off with a swim in the still chilly waters. Ask Kalpesh for recommendations on anything from nightlife to spas. Brilliant!

Room Tip: Large cottages. Spacious and supremely comfortable.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Anibaddh
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 January 2013

First off, a huge huge thank you to Kalpesh and the rest of the team at Pirache village. My girlfriend and I stayed for 14 nights in one of the cottages. We absolutely loved it and both agreed we couldn't have wished for a better place to stay during our visit. The staff were always on hand to help with anything we wanted, the food was great, the beach is a very short 2 minute stroll away, the room was perfect and kept clean by the lovely cleaning ladies, and the hot shower (en-suite) provided by solar power was a god send (after having visited goa on 2 occasions previously, this is the first place where i have had a hot shower!). By the end we really did not want to leave.
Highly highly recommended

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Will D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morjim
Montego Bay Beach Village
La Vaiencia Beach Resort
Baywalk Goa
Baywalk Goa
#8 of 14 in Morjim

Been to Pirache Village Eco Resorts? Share your experiences!