“Happy New Year”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Whitminster
The Whitminster Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Whitminster B&B and Inns
gloucestershire
“Happy New Year”
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Not having celebrated New Year for many years we booked the Dinner Dance at The Whitminster Inn. Included in the price was a super hot, tasty, delicious 3 course meal with cheese & biscuits to finish, Take That tribute band who rocked and champagne at midnight with fireworks. What a fun filled fabulous way to spend New Year. Would highly recommend it. We will certainly be booking for this year. I would also like to add how hard all the staff worked to make the night a great success. Thank you Whitminster

Christine & Brian Griffin

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank christine7brian

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 December 2013

We went for Christmas Lunch yesterday 25th 2013 there were 13 of us. The place was full to brimming.

The staff were BRILLIANT and very helpful throughout. We hardly had to wait, and the staff member in charge of operations run it like an Army manouvre.

The food was brilliant and plentiful. It was one of the best christmases we have had, and we would go again. It wasnt expensive either. I can highly recommend it. It just made Christmas day for us. I cant thank the staff enough for all their efforts to make our day and others so special.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 September 2013

We ordered a takeaway from the China Garden in Aug 2013 and went for various items including crispy duck pancakes, chicken with cashew nuts, and pork with black bean sauce.

To be fair the crispy duck was nice. However, the rest of the meal was not good. In particular, my partners chicken and cashew nut was extremely bland and of a slimy consistency. The chicken itself tasted rubbery and similar to cheap cuts of meats that have been plumped up with water. My pork meat was ok but the black bean sauce was uninspiring. We also ordered some 'fresh' vegetables. Much like the chicken dish they were of a slimy texture and contained very little greenery.

Not sure we'll be using this place again any time soon.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jared B
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Stayed at hotel as thought it would make a nice change after a whole day at a wedding , which ill add was amazing , going bck to our room after a long tiring day was so amazing.we walked in to find no lights apart from 1 bedside lamp working, an empty wine bottle in my bed, a unlit cigarette and lighter next to my bed , pistachio nuts in my partners pillowcase amd in my bed , obviously someone had played a prank on us but the hotel had given our key out so ehoever it was had access to our room!!!! We could have been robbed! I spent most of the night awake as the room was freezing, (this was in may) and could hear next door snoring! We did try to find someone at 12.15 to report lights etc but noone around so had to make do eith mobile phone light in the bathroom.The room wasnt particually clean , cobwebs etc and whilst looking for my car key as pranksters had moved it found a wallet under the bed ,, how long had that been there??? I will add the cooked breakfast was lovely at a cost of the£8.50 each but after our complaints they didnt charge for the room ! I feel there should be a better more secure checking in system it shouldnt be do easy to give keys out to anyone !,,

Room Tip: Dont leave any valuables in ur room you never know who will go in there.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Sarah a
Reviewed 29 April 2013

A late afternoon visit to miss the rush, ended up being a poor choice of destination. Started poorly with the manager, just about making an effort to seat us, to the ordering at the bar, and staff not giving me the carvers tickets, to poor quality carvers with over cooked beef , cauliflower bechamel and messy surroundin, not wroth the £8.95 we paid. Then came dessert and coffee or should I say coffe and dessert, over 20 mins for my tarte tatin which was good, but then the coffe was warm and not hot.
Attention to detail would make a great difference
Not going back in a rush

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Stroud, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 March 2013 via mobile

It had been a few months since visiting last ! Wow what a difference more space looking very fresh ! Met by friendly helpful staff, showed us to our seats and took our drinks order
All six of us decided on a starter and the Carvery ! Good decision as the stater (only £1) was plentiful, onto the Carvery (£9.95) 4 types of meat and 6 choices of well cooked vegetables !!
Will certainly be returning and not too long either Congrats The Whitminster Inn

Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Stroud, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 March 2013

My partner & I have been to the Whitminster many times and the service is generally good. The Sunday lunch is excellent value and I don't think you can really beat it. I look forward to the next visit.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple

Been to The Whitminster Inn? Share your experiences!