“Great food, great people!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Whitminster Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Whitminster B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

I've been to the China Garden a few times and every single time I've visited it's been superb. The food is excellent and have lots of choices on the menu, so much that you would struggle to find something that isn't on there.
Last Saturday evening we visited the China garden again and booked in advance for table at 8pm. We walked in and it was extremely busy. Nonetheless we were always treated very politely - especially by what looked like the head waiter. The food wasn't the quickest but we understood that it was very busy so definitely gave them some leeway and realised that they were trying to do everything they could - maybe it was a bit too overbooked?
However food was still excellent, staff were great and we will certainly be coming again.

Stayed: April 2014

Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

First visit since new extension built

Same great food, more comfortable surroundings

Only surprise remains why place isn't packed out.Lunchtimes £12.95 all you can eat from ala carte menu

Evenings £16.95. Great great quality food

I'd only add food Warner's to make it perfect Chinese

Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We have been having Sunday lunch at the Whitminster once a month for the last 2 years now. The quallity is excellent, hence the number of re-visits. The carvery is £11 and great value. The service is always great too, making it a no brainer for us.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dave K
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Not having celebrated New Year for many years we booked the Dinner Dance at The Whitminster Inn. Included in the price was a super hot, tasty, delicious 3 course meal with cheese & biscuits to finish, Take That tribute band who rocked and champagne at midnight with fireworks. What a fun filled fabulous way to spend New Year. Would highly recommend it. We will certainly be booking for this year. I would also like to add how hard all the staff worked to make the night a great success. Thank you Whitminster

Christine & Brian Griffin

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank christine7brian
Reviewed 26 December 2013

We went for Christmas Lunch yesterday 25th 2013 there were 13 of us. The place was full to brimming.

The staff were BRILLIANT and very helpful throughout. We hardly had to wait, and the staff member in charge of operations run it like an Army manouvre.

The food was brilliant and plentiful. It was one of the best christmases we have had, and we would go again. It wasnt expensive either. I can highly recommend it. It just made Christmas day for us. I cant thank the staff enough for all their efforts to make our day and others so special.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 September 2013

We ordered a takeaway from the China Garden in Aug 2013 and went for various items including crispy duck pancakes, chicken with cashew nuts, and pork with black bean sauce.

To be fair the crispy duck was nice. However, the rest of the meal was not good. In particular, my partners chicken and cashew nut was extremely bland and of a slimy consistency. The chicken itself tasted rubbery and similar to cheap cuts of meats that have been plumped up with water. My pork meat was ok but the black bean sauce was uninspiring. We also ordered some 'fresh' vegetables. Much like the chicken dish they were of a slimy texture and contained very little greenery.

Not sure we'll be using this place again any time soon.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jared B
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Stayed at hotel as thought it would make a nice change after a whole day at a wedding , which ill add was amazing , going bck to our room after a long tiring day was so amazing.we walked in to find no lights apart from 1 bedside lamp working, an empty wine bottle in my bed, a unlit cigarette and lighter next to my bed , pistachio nuts in my partners pillowcase amd in my bed , obviously someone had played a prank on us but the hotel had given our key out so ehoever it was had access to our room!!!! We could have been robbed! I spent most of the night awake as the room was freezing, (this was in may) and could hear next door snoring! We did try to find someone at 12.15 to report lights etc but noone around so had to make do eith mobile phone light in the bathroom.The room wasnt particually clean , cobwebs etc and whilst looking for my car key as pranksters had moved it found a wallet under the bed ,, how long had that been there??? I will add the cooked breakfast was lovely at a cost of the£8.50 each but after our complaints they didnt charge for the room ! I feel there should be a better more secure checking in system it shouldnt be do easy to give keys out to anyone !,,

Room Tip: Dont leave any valuables in ur room you never know who will go in there.