“Wedding May5th 2012” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mollington
chester
“Wedding May5th 2012”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2012

We got married at this hotel on May 5th. Although the run up to the wedding had been very nerve wracking due to the change in ownership the manager had made every effort to put us at ease assuring us that nothing would change. The day was perfect, if there were any hiccups I certainly wasn’t aware as the staff worked tirelessly to ensure I was kept happy. The hotel is beautiful, the food delicious and the grounds stunning.
Emma was absolutely brilliant at planning our day, even though she was extremely tired from being so busy she kept smiling and nothing was too much trouble, as were all her staff.
Although there are cosmetic changes/fixes needed to the hotel the staff made it completely worthwhile, I would recommend this hotel to anybody and if I didn’t live down the road I would definitely be staying again!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Louis M, General Manager at Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 10 May 2012
Dear Angela;
What can I say? Thank you so much for your review, I am so pleased you had a great day. You were a very nice group and you looked so happy. Emma did read your comments and you made her week!
On behalf of the Crabwall Manor hotel and Spa I would like to thank you once again.
Kind regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
Todmorden, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2012

Having read some reviews on here I was a little worried about our booking. However I have to say the hotel was lovely and definitely somewhere we'd come back to for a weekend break. Our room (19) was in a quiet part of the hotel and near the Spa. The bath was luxuriously large and the bed very comfortable and the Spa itself was very nice with a large pool and lovely jacuzzi.

The breakfast too was nice each morning with a lovely cooked breakfast and helpful staff. Only snag was the bar seemed to close early on a Sunday night so getting a drink after 10:30pm was a little tricky. Otherwise the hotel was a very pleasant delight!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank danclay77
Dear Danclay77;

Thank you so much for your review.
I am pleased you enjoyed your stay, the hotel is under new management and we are working really hard to improve the service.
We are training all our night staff to be able to serve drinks (and food) so hopefully at your next stay we will be able to serve you drinks all night long.

Looking forward seeing you again in a near future.

Kindly yours
Ripon, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012

I booked a night away for my husband and I in February and have just arrived back (1st May 2012) In between booking and staying the hotel I understand went into receivership and was then purchased by new owners. I was very worried as to what we would find, especially after reading other peoples comments on Trip Advisor the night before we stayed. The staff were very welcoming, the room absolutely lovely, great gym, pool and steam room and food fabulous - all in all a wonderful experience. The hotel could do with a lick of paint here and there but I understand that will all be done by the new owners.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank annie105
Louis M, Manager at Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 5 May 2012
Dear Annie105;
What can I say but thanks for such a fantastic review! Feedback is so important in any business and I’m so pleased we were able to meet your expectations; we have a great team who we are really proud of as they are working really hard to make every stay a great stay.
Looking forward welcoming you back very soon.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012

No idea when this hotel was awarded its 4 stars, but it's nowhere near 3, never mind 4!! The outside looks great and very picturesque and the big fireplace near reception are really nice. After that, it's all down-hill.
Check-in........ no warm welcome, just a 'hello' Even though I booked directly and spoke to someone over the phone to confirm again, my booking didnt show on her screen, so she just handed me the nearest key available in the pigeon holes! No information whatsoever. No 'do you want a paper in the morning, wake-up call, never mentioned anything about the facilities, what time breakfast was, not a single thing...........' - the only thing she actually said to me was my surname and 'there you go, here is your key'.....
Room - The only plus I can say is that the actual rooms themselves are huge! However, our rooms was filled with ... well .... empty space!!!! Our room was that big you could hear an echo when yuo spoke! Carpets all frayed and coming away from the underlay. Mold and damp in places. Window-frames starting to rot, mold and condensation everywhere. No remote for TV, oh and the best bit.... the bed had completly collapsed in the middle!
Bathroom - again huge but very dated and shower was interesting! 1mm turn of the heat dial to the left, got you freezing cold water, 1mm turn to the right piping hot water to the point of nearly being scalding!
Staff - they appear to be seriously over-worked, disillusioned, but trying their best. Lack of mgmt presence or any leadership was very apparent and possibly because they are fed-up of hearing complaints!
Bar -glasses everywhere, no ice, both draught beers run out - and that was at the start of the night.
Brekfast - shambles. No-one to greet you, escort you to your seat, you just wander in and sit where you like!! As for the location of the food items. Some clever spark decided to put all the breakfast stuff in a small room off the main dining room, with a narrow door into the room. Then set-up the tables right next to the narrow door, so it became a complete bottleneck, with people queuing to get in, people trying to get out, staff trying to get in then out. Queuing time about 10mins and worse still that would be regardless of what you you were queueing for! 10min wait if you wanted cereal, toast, juice or a full breakfast. Then when we did finally see the mecca that was the breakfast table... .... we then wished we hadnt bothered! It was awful.
Check-out - didnt even bother asking how our stay was, whether we enjoyed it... nothing! Problems with the credit card reader not getting a signal or something, so each check-out was taking 10minutes a time....

4 stars it most certainly is not! Like a ship that has hit an iceberg, this hotel is sinking fast!

Room Tip: avoid room 43!!!!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Globe_Trotter_XL;

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review.
Feedback is a vital part of our business and as such is taken very seriously.

Your stay did happen while the hotel was in a transition period and as such would explain all issues you do have encountered.

I have (via message) contacted you so as to discuss your issues and also reinvite you so that you can appreciate all the hard work that has been done in the last few weeks by our team.

Kindly yours
Chester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

I was treated to stay here as a birthday gift for an overnight stay. Staff very very polite, nothing was any trouble at all. The meal was lovely and plenty of it, great wine and an absolutely beautiful building.
Decor a tad tired however the place was very very clean and very very comfortable, the bed was so comfy with lovely pillows, fresh linen and bedding.
Loved the swimming pool, infact I just loved the whole building.
The best breakfast I have ever had in any hotel, room service was amazing.
Obviously the Hotel requires a cash injection and it would be fantastic to see this historic building be brought back into life.
I would stay again.

Room Tip: Try the haunted rooms, it's a must. If you are a female traveller on your own always ask for 1s...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Sarah h;

Thank you so much for your review. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.
All members of staff were thankful for your comments.
Feedback is a vital part of our business and is always welcome.
Looking forward welcoming you back very soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mollington
Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa
Abode Chester
Abode Chester
#18 of 45 in Chester
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,965 reviews

Been to Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!