“Wedding Venue”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mollington
Manchester
“Wedding Venue”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2012

I have just had a fantastic wedding at Crabwall Manor. I've been at Crabwall Manor for the weekend and the service from start to finish has been fantastic. Nothing has been too much trouble. The reception staff have been fantastic all weekend with us all, as have all of the hotel staff and a huge thanks to all of them who have worked over this weekend and helped us. Nothing has been too much trouble. Thanks guys!! I do agree that some of the hotel needs a little TLC but the new management will make this happen. The wedding rooms and whole wedding area though is AMAZING and for me that's the most important bit. Our bridal suite was to die for and all of my guests had fantastic rooms. My Dad was most made up with his two balconies. The breakfast both days has been absolutely great - one of the best I've had in ages. Leading up to the wedding Emma, Louis and Damon have been fantastic. Nothing was too much trouble for them and they have answered all of my questions and been a great help. I can only thank them for making my wedding run so smoothly in the run up. On the day of the wedding Emma managed it all from start to finish. That girl is a saint. So organised and efficient she totally put my mind at rest , and she made it happen. The whole wedding ran like a dream. Emma came in early to meet my florist and was there into the early hours of the next day. The food for the wedding breakfast was fantastic, change around of the room ran like clockwork and evening buffet was delicious :-) All I can say is for those of you who have booked weddings at Crabwall and are worried over anything you read on trip advisor or concerned with any of the recent changes at Crabwall, don't be. It is an amazing venue with amazing staff who are 100% focused on making the weddings a huge success. I know I'm biased as it was my wedding but it's the best venue I've ever been too. Loved it all. Thanks Crabwall!!

Room Tip: Bride to be - go for wedding suite rm 2. Amazing room and fab views! Get ready in 30 if you can...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Louis M, General Manager at Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 5 June 2012
Dear Rhianx1;

Thank you so much for your review.
It is so nice to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.
I have passed your comments onto all members of staff and on their behalf I would like to thank you.

Looking forward welcoming you again very soon.

Kindly yours.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2012

We stayed at this hotel several years ago when it was immaculate with an award winning restaurant. I took some friends to stay. What a disappointment. It still looks great from the outside but inside it is badly in need of decoration. The bathroom was ancient with faded taps, a useless shower and black mould growing in the cracks. The electric socket for the TV was not working.
The bar area is a joke with a very poor choice of drinks. The dinner menu is very limited as was the wine list but the food was alright. Break fast was very poor. I felt sorry for the poor chap on reception this morning as several people were complaining as they checked out.
I can not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Louis M, General Manager at Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 3 June 2012
Dear Roy S;

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review, feedback is vital and as such all reviews are welcome and taken seriously.

The hotel has recently changed hands and we already have in place a refurbishment program, we are hoping to bring back to this property its former glory.
Although the hotel is a 3* we intend to install values that will make a stay at Crabwall Manor a time to remember.

We are in the process of welcoming our new head chef and restaurant manager, hopefully by the time you decide to visit us again you will be able to enjoy a large selection of food and drinks items.

I would like once again to thank you for your review.

Looking forward welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards
Rugby, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2012

A review to advise that we have stayed at this hotel on several occasions over the last 5 years.

We had received excellent service from the previous management teams and rated the restaurant very highly.

Although certain rooms are in need of attention and redecoration you still get a feeling of being looked after and had recommended the hotel to a number of friends.

Down to the real reason for writing this review:-

We had an existing booking made with Brook Hotels back in Jan 2012 for 2 through to 5 June 2012, special rate DBB for 4 persons staying in Suite No 1.

We received a brief mail from the new management team on 19 May 2012, 2 weeks prior to arrival explaining that on this occasion they would not be able to honour our family this suite.

When discussing the situation on the phone with new manager Louis he explained that the rates had increased (now 200% higher that what we had secured) and would not let us have the suite as he would be able to sell that particular suite at a far higher price to another customer.

Unfortunately Louis was totally dismissive of our previous booking and would only offer another room for the same date. As explained this was a family get together and indeed birthday celebration for my husband. Again Louis was not interested in looking after exisiting customers and refused point blank to our request. (Louis could have explained the situation better and come to some compromise over the price but this was not offered).

My concern grows in that we have asked to write a letter of complaint to the new owners of the hotel. The aim being is to let them know how the new management is now treating previous customers. It is totally unprofessional and worry for the long term aspirations of the hotel.

Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank STEVEN M
Louis M, General Manager at Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 24 May 2012
Mr Moonan;

It is with surprise and disappointment that I did read your review.

I feel that most of your comments are untrue or misguiding; we did our best to accommodate your needs and requirements, various emails and phone communication were made so as to resolve any issue you had.

You clearly must understand that £140 for a suite with 4 guests, diner included is far from being an adequate rate on a bank holiday week end (each diner is worth £25; leaving the price of a suite at £40)? Although this rate was clearly a mistake we offered you an executive suite, solution that you did refuse.

We did our best to accommodate your needs to no avail; and it is with sadness that I see your booking with us cancelled.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your concerns regarding the future of the hotel; it is always comforting to see guests caring so much.

Looking forward welcoming you again in a near future.

Kind regards.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2012 via mobile

Stayed as part of a package with 3 friends from 18th-20th May. Spent a little time in the spa which was lovely. Clean. Neat. Tidy. Did the trick.

The rooms and public areas are a little shabby and it looks as though someone has tried to hide this by decorating with anything and everything they could find in Dunelm Mill. A little disappointing considering the impressive exterior, beautiful gardens and the local area in general.

Everything seemed a little shambolic. Reception staff looked confused no matter what we (or any other guest) asked but were generally friendly and did their best.

Breakfast both mornings was busy and slow but as leisure guests we didn't mind too much. Maybe just in need of some organisation. We did notice the manager appeared to be around from early morning to late at night.. In need of a break maybe?

On a very positive note.. We ate as a group on the Saturday night in the hotels
restaurant. The service and general ambiance was second to non. We were met and greeted with a smile and offered a seat in the lounge for pre-dinner drinks and to look through the menu. Shortly after we were taken to our table, the menu was limited so we had already decided what to order. This was taken quickly and again with a genuine smile. As a group of giggeling middle aged ladies, most serving staff steer well clear of interaction. So so rarely do you meet someone who can start a conversation and have a laugh with, not only our group, but with couples and in fact everyone in the restaurant.. At the same time as being professional, efficient and completely in control. Didn't catch her name but defiantly worth her weight in gold. Even if we did feel a little worse for wear the next day thanks to her topping up the wine fearlessly..

I've never written a review before but thought the new management clearly having a 'right people, right role' attitude and getting this beautiful hotel back on track, was worth it.

Best of luck to you all and thank you for
the lovely weekend.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank M-Cunningham53
Louis M, General Manager at Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 23 May 2012
Dear M-Cunningham53;

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, I am glad you enjoyed your stay and that you had a great time.
We are very proud of all our team and on Alisha behalf I would like to thank you for your kind words.
I am pleased you enjoyed our wine list and I am very much looking forward welcoming you once again very soon.

Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2012

The facilities of the spa and the setting of the grounds are a great attribute for this hotel and really helped towards making our wedding a very special experience for ourselves and our guests. We know the hotel has had difficulties and the uncertainty of the weeks leading up to our wedding were very worrying. I can say that the efforts of the staff and management were exemplary and Emma was an integral part to the success of day. An overall rating of excellent reflects the experience we had.

Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Louis M, General Manager at Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 21 May 2012
Dear Kath H;

Thank you so much for your kind words.
We are so pleased that you had a lovely day; the both of you were a picture of happiness and it was a pleasure to organise your special day.

I am very much looking forward welcoming you again in a near future.

Kindly yours.
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2012

The last comment is very surprising as we also stayed on 5th May and had a very unpleasant and disappointing time. The rooms are completely run-down - un-hoovered carpets, broken windows, dirty toilet water, broken heating to name just a few of the problems we had. The rooms were so bad we decided to come home rather than stay any longer!
The reception staff were very helpful and apologetic; however our letter of complaint to the hotel was ignored and all questions left unanswered.
I would seriously avoid this hotel for the next few months at least, until it's had a complete refurbishment.

Room Tip: Avoid all rooms!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Parry1982
Dear Parry1982;

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review.
Feedback is a vital part of our business and as such is taken very seriously.

I am very disapointed that we were not able to meet your expectations on this occasion, our hotel is a former country house and as such we did our best to retain its character.

I hope that you will visit us again soon.

Chester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2012

Ok lets get one thing sorted straight away...All the bad reviews so far on here are due to the old management Brook Hotels who basically ran the place into the ground.

I had my wedding here on the 5th May 2012 and the day couldn't have gone any better.

The new management team is headed up by Louis, and when we met him only four weeks before the wedding he put our minds at rest straight away. He was very accommodating, nothing was too much trouble and could only apologise for how we had been dealt with by the old management.

On the day, everything went to plan. Emma was absolutely amazing from the morning till late on in the evening and I couldn't thank her enough (something which she later told me off for).

Nothing was too much trouble for either Emma or her staff and they made sure everyone had an unforgettable day. The food was lovely, the turnaround of the room between the day and night do was prompt and done to perfection.

Small problems which have already been highlighted on here, do need attending to but I am sure the new management team will see to this in no time at all.

Both myself and my wife had a truly amazing day and many of our guests commented that it was the best wedding they had been to.

Thank you again guys, and Louis you owe me a bottle of champagne which you said would be in the bridal suite. No problem, i'll pick it up next year when we come back to celebrate our one year anniversary.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank M0neyMiser
Louis M, General Manager at Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 13 May 2012
Dear M0neyMisser;

Thank you so much for your comments and your positive feedback, I am so glad you had a good day and that everything went as planned.
I have passed your comments to Emma and the rest of team and on their behalf thank you again.

I am very much looking forward seeing you soon.

Kindly yours
P.S.: Your champagne is already in the Ice bucket waiting for you....
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mollington
Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa
The Mill Hotel
#12 of 44 in Chester
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,282 reviews
Hallmark Hotel The Queen, Chester

Been to Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!