“Lovely ! Ignore bad reviews .”

Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mollington
Reviewed 1 August 2012

My husband and I stayed in this hotel for two nights and it was really nice ! Yes it was a bit dated and needed a few repairs here and there but has recently been taken over and will be revamping it soon. our room was huge and the shower was gorgeous . I cannot believe how petty some people can be don't listen to what other people say if you go looking for faults you will probably find some just go and enjoy a relaxing and enjoyable stay. oh and the lady on reception was lovely a big thank you x x

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Stefnmalc
Louis M, General Manager at Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2012

Dear Stefnmalc;

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review; I also would like to thank you for your kind words.

Very much looking forward welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 31 July 2012

Arrived at this hotel for Hen weekend spa break, one the worst hotels that i have been to for a long while. Hotel in in desperate need of a renovation, paint work and carpets need replacing, grouting in bathrooms also. The room we was staying in had a material headboard, one half was all stitched and the other half had a big stain on it. Food not bad but not great either. Bad organisation in the spa, a rude woman on reception, at times no clean cups for the complimentary tea and coffee, if there was cups the tea and coffee luke warm. Spa treatment was back, neck and shoulder massage but this was ok but over in about ten minutes, not as stated, all in all would not recommend this hotel if you have standards.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank alison e
Louis M, General Manager at Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2012

Dear Alison e;

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review; feedback is our only way to progress and improve the quality of our service.
I am sorry that on this occasion we were unable to meet your expectation and as such please do accept my apologies.
Crabwall Manor is a Country House with a well know history; decor and furniture are in keep with the hotel spirit. Although the hotel will start its refurbishment over the winter I feel your comments are slightly unfair.
The spa is well known within the area and comments are usually fantastic (service and quality of the product); please have no doubt that I will be investigating the points you did raise and if necessary will apply necessary actions.
Once again thank you for your comments.

Reviewed 23 July 2012

in January 2012 we booked, paid for and received confirmation for a party of 7 to stay for 1 night in 4 rooms whilst attending Chester races on the 14th July 2012. When we rang, 10 days before our stay, to confirm that everything was in order we were informed that we had no booking and that the management "had only been at the hotel for 2 weeks" The person on the telephone was totaly disinterested and offhand and refused to accept their mistake or offer to help. It was only through our own efforts and that of the booking agency, that we obtained alternative accomodation, which, judging by by the reviews of this hotel, was far superior. Under no circumstances would we consider this Hotel for our trip in 2013.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel
Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank INASECDAD

Dear Inasecdad;

First of I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review.
I have had a look at the issues you did raise and I am sorry to inform you that you have been misinformed.
The new management started on the 17 April and since then we have been working really hard to improve the hotel and the quality of its service.
The issues you had were not caused by the hotel.
You used an agent that is not contracted with the hotel; when over a month before your arrival we contacted the agent you used for your booking they were unable/unwilling to pass onto us your contact details so that we could call you. We attempted on various occasions to obtain this information from your agent unsuccessfully (hence why your booking was not on our system).
I would suggest that you bring these points to the agent you used.
We have a customer care philosophy that is an integral part of the hotel and as such we regularly go the extra mile to help our guest; I am sorry that on this occasion we were unable to accommodate you.

Reviewed 20 July 2012

I booked and paid in full in January 2012 for a july 1 night break for a party of 7. I phoned 2 days ahead of the stay to confirm all was well - what a shock when I was told that there were no reservations for me. I had an email to confirm the booking and the moneywhad gone from my account. NO apology was made, in fact I was made to feel like a nuisance when I enquired what they were going to do about the situation! I contacted e bookers and they arranged alternative accomodation.

I did stay at Crabwall Manor last February and whilst I was not impressed still decided not to cancel the July booking - what a fool I was!

Room Tip: Don't bother
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank christinacorr
Louis M, General Manager at Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2012

Dear Christinacoor;

First of I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review.
The issues you had were not caused by the hotel.
I would suggest that you bring these points to the agent you used.

Reviewed 16 July 2012

The manor is set in very nice grounds and is close to Chester City centre but as we paid £20 in 4 taxis I think I would rather have paid an extra £20 to stay in the centre of Chester. The rooms are dated and our bedroom was fairly clean but there were a few cobwebs and the blinds didn't stay down without some DIY. Two of the door knobs had also fallen off the doors in the hallway. The worst part of our stay was the very springy mattress and I had to sleep on top of the duvet to try and get some sleep which ended up being very interrupted. Overall, very over priced and disappointing.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank anthony c
Reviewed 15 July 2012

We stayed here on business for a week.We booked in until Sunday Morning but were asked to leave on Saturday.The manager said there was a mistake and promised to look into it but he didnt, not even an sorry.The rooms need serious upgade.The door handle came off in my hand one night and we had to move rooms.The showers dont work properly and the shower handle also came off the wall.The bar has no stock whatsoever, i have more in my fridge.It tells you a story when the bar staff pour coke and lemonade from plastic 2ltr bottles and the draft beer badges are missing.The pictures have been removed from the walls and not replaced.Had to ask the staff to put several bulbs in so you could see to play snooker.Serious drains problem as you enter, a strong smell of urine.In general poor.Much better places oin Chester to stay.

Room Tip: Dont bother
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Graham H
Reviewed 12 July 2012

We booked and paid for a two night break through a online service provider. We arrived late afternoon and our first impressions of the location was good the external grounds are lovely and the manor itself looks breathtaking from the outside. We we're cheked in , not even welcomed and made our way to our room ,large, dated but clean ,no hospitality pack so we didn't have a clue were the dinning room was or opening times ,asked at reception only to be told it was closed as they had a private function but we could get back in our car and go for a Carvery a mile down the road!,,
The noise all night was horrendous ,shouting screaming,and doors slamming until four in the morning then at six thirty a coach spent twenty minutes reversing in to the car park ,sounding his reverse warning followed by 40 passengers dragging there cases onto the coach, at this point we gave up had breakfast and decided to check out ,told the reception staff about lack of evening meal, noise etc and was told that the hotel had just been taken over so wasn't running at full speed. Wrote to the manager when returned home that was over two weeks ago, yet to receive a reply. All in all the worst break ever,

• Stayed: June 2012
5  Thank pam c
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mollington
Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa
The Chester Grosvenor
The Chester Grosvenor
#4 of 45 in Chester
Hallmark Hotel The Queen, Chester

Been to Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!