“Will return”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mollington
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Will return”
Reviewed 17 August 2012

Having read the reviews on here I was somewhat surprised with the negative comments . Go with an open mind and be your own judge as I for 1 enjoyed the stay .Yes it is in need of a referb and the shower we had failed to work but this did not spoil our stay . The rooms are very big compared to those in a premier inn ,the bath is bigger enough for 2 and water always hot , This has got to be 1 of my favourite hotels and will visit again .If home comforts are what you want then stay at home ,if you just need a base to see Chester or Liverpool as I did this is ideal .

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank thewizard65
Louis M, General Manager at Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 22 August 2012
Dear Thewizard65;

Thank you so much for your review; I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
The hotel will start its refurbishment over the winter and hopefully by your next visit any issue you encountered should be resolved.
I would like to thank you for your kind words and kind comments.
Very much looking forward welcoming you back in a near futur.
Kindly yours.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
north west
Reviewed 15 August 2012

My daughter has just had her wedding at Crabwall Manor and I can't thank them enough for helping to make the day perfect. A big thank you to Emma our wedding planner who was very accommodating, nothing was too much trouble. Many of our guests stayed and the rooms are beautiful, and so spacious. There were a few areas that need a little tlc, but so do many places, I certainly would stay there again and would definitely recommend it to people, expecially for weddings, as the hotel and the grounds are so beautiful. My daughter and I had some treatments in the spa and that was lovely too, the pool looked very inviting, but we didn't want to get our hair wet!

Room Tip: Rooms 1 and 2 are lovely
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank funinthesunNorthWest
Louis M, General Manager at Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 21 August 2012
Dear FunintheNorthWest;

First of all I would like to thank you for your kind words.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay and our staff.
We are working really hard so as to provide a great experience to all our guests.
Emma is slowly turning into our Wedding genius and I am so pleased you had a wonderful day.
Our Spa is very well known within the area and I am glad you enjoyed a relaxing time.
On behalf of the hotel I would like to thank you once again.
Looking forward welcoming you back very soon.
Kindly yours
N.Wales
Reviewed 15 August 2012

Many thanks to Emma and the staff for a very professional and enjoyable evening with regard to our Summer Ball. You all worked extremely hard and you were so kind and respectful at all times. We are all looking forward to returning in December.

P.S. Our guests also had a high opinion of the evening and of Crabwall Manor.

Best Regards

Linda and Paul from 'Meet Me at the Ball'.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Linda K
Louis M, General Manager at Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 18 August 2012
Dear Linda;

Thank you so much for your kind words.
I am glad you and your guests enjoyed the Crabwall Manor.
Emma is doing a great job and we are very lucky to have her as part of our team.
Looking forward welcoming you back over the winter.
Reviewed 7 August 2012

Went for a spa break sat-sun. Spa had lovely pool and gym. They wouldn't do any form of massage on a pregnant woman even though all other spas I have been to have had the correct tables/chairs. Hotel food was nice but the building itself needs a great deal of money spending on it. Broken window pains, broken, cracked and gaping tiles in bathroom. 3 bulbs in bathroom didn't work. Bed frame broken at the base. Old peeling wallpaper in rooms and dinning room.

• Stayed August 2012
Louis M, General Manager at Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 10 August 2012
Dear Clairebear9p;

Thank you so much for your comments.

I am glad you found the spa and its staff to your liking.

The hotel will have a refurbishment program starting at the end of year and hopefully all the issues you did raise will be resolved by your next visit.

Scarborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2012

After reading a lot of bad reviews on this hotel we were a bit reluctant to go. But in the end we decided to stay there. On arrival the Castle like hotel looked fantastic on the outside and the arrival / reception area looked great. We got to our room (Family room) and it was really spacious. Everything seemed clean & tidy, there were plenty of big clean towels (changed every day). The Spa facility was superb with a good size pool, Jacuzzi, steam room, sauna.
Now the bad points:
The carpets were a bit stained and could do with changing; the walls in the hall & room could do with a lick of paint.
But for the price of what we paid and the location i would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 29 which was the last room on the corridor. It was very quite and the window looke...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Paul I
Louis M, General Manager at Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 11 August 2012
Dear Paul L.

I would like to thank you for your kind world; it is always good to be appreciated.
The hotel will start very soon its refurbishment and hopefully you will come back to enjoy it.

Once again on behalf of the hotel and its staff I would like to thank you.

Looking forward welcoming you back very soon.

Newport
Reviewed 4 August 2012

We were doubtful while booking this hotel sue to all the reviews.
Well let me tell you that some people must be very picky. The hotel is a old country house and like all old house you will find old furniture.... I guess there is no way to please verybody but it is extremely good value.
The rooms were really big and so was the bathroom.
We loved the look of the hotel and the staff; everybody was friendly and smiling with us.
The spa look great and my gf really enjoyed the treatment given by lois!
The food was nice (although after speaking with the restaurant manager we were explained that the new Head chef is starting next week and we WILL come back to try his food).

Large parking and free wifi made it a very good place to be; the jacuzzi and steam room were a big plus!

Reception was nice and we even met the General Manager on a sunday morning who asked us if we enjoyed our stay and spent time listening to our comments and explaining to us what were the plans for the future of this hotel.

Overall a very nice place that has the right people at the right place!
A++++++++++

Room Tip: Try the pool in the evening; great place to be!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Louis M, General Manager at Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 13 August 2012
Dear John F.

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review.
It is always a delight to see that all our hard work is paying off.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay and that you found our staff friendly.
I am very much looking forward welcoming you back very soon.
Reviewed 1 August 2012

My husband and I stayed in this hotel for two nights and it was really nice ! Yes it was a bit dated and needed a few repairs here and there but has recently been taken over and will be revamping it soon. our room was huge and the shower was gorgeous . I cannot believe how petty some people can be don't listen to what other people say if you go looking for faults you will probably find some just go and enjoy a relaxing and enjoyable stay. oh and the lady on reception was lovely a big thank you x x

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Stefnmalc
Louis M, General Manager at Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 14 August 2012
Dear Stefnmalc;

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review; I also would like to thank you for your kind words.

Very much looking forward welcoming you back very soon.

Kind regards
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mollington
Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa
Hallmark Hotel The Queen, Chester
The Mill Hotel
The Mill Hotel
#12 of 44 in Chester

Been to Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!