“Friendly staff, poor accommodation.”

Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mollington
Reviewed 12 September 2012

My family and I stayed in a Family Room at Crabwall Manor Hotel in July 2012 for £150. Whilst the grounds and building are very impressive, we were shocked at the poor quality of our room. Crabwall Monor is a 4 star hotel and as such we were highly disappointed to find stains on the carpet, damp patches on the walls, a leaking toilet, broken curtain rails, broken light fittings, rust in the bathroom and a general smell of damp. Sadly the hotel room spolit what was supposed to be an enjoyable reunion weekend with our friends. On the plus side, the staff were polite and breakfast was enjoyable. I certainly won't be recommending the hotel to friends.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Joanne P
Louis M, General Manager at Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2012

Dear Joanne P;
First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review.
Feedback is a vital part of our business and as such is taken very seriously.
The hotel refurbishment is due to start this winter and should resolve any issue with the decors.

There are newer reviews for Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa

Reviewed 10 September 2012

The staff were very pleasant but we were very disappointed when we saw our room. Especially for the price. It smelt musty and damp and was very old fashioned tired with peeling wall paper broke fixtures and bulbs. It may nite have been so bad if it had been really clean but it wasn't. The only saving feature were the friendly staff in restaurant and reception and the restaurant food was good. However i cannot recommend this hotel until a great deal of money has been invested into it

• Stayed: September 2012

Dear Ilovetravel26;
Feedback is a vital part of our business and as such is taken very seriously.
I would like to thank you for your kind comments regarding the staff and the food; these are very much appreciated.

Reviewed 10 September 2012 via mobile

We had our wedding here. Like many others we had concerns because there had been a change of hands with the management but we didn't need to worry. Emma the wedding coordinator did a fantastic job and the day went really well. All the guests commented on the lovely grounds and how fantastic the food was. Yes, the hotel needs refreshing the bedrooms need a lot of work but this didn't distract from the day. We are looking forward to going back when the refurbishment has been done!

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank gertbob

Dear Gertbob;
Feedback is a vital part of our business and as such is taken very seriously.
I am so pleased you had a very good day.

Reviewed 9 September 2012

Wow what a day! I had the best wedding day ever and it was thanks to Emma, louis and the team. Emma played a big part in organising the day and ensuring everything ran like clockwork which it did. Emma was extremely helpful and obliging. Nothing was too much trouble. Emma is a wonderful person very easy to talk to and worked extremely hard. The food was fantastic and the room was beautifully laid. The room was lovely full of character. The whole hotel was very clean and beautifully presented. I would definatly reccomend this hotel for a wedding reception and would trust Emma to run your perfect day. Many many thanks to Emma and her team for a fantastic day. Wendy and Brian

Room Tip: All the rooms were lovely but 36 was my personel favourite.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Wendy J

Dear Wendy J;
Feedback is a vital part of our business and as such is taken very seriously.
I would like to thank you for your kind comments regarding the staff; these are very much appreciated. I am so pleased you enjoyed your day.

Reviewed 9 September 2012

I recently attended a wedding reception at crabwall manor and thoroughly enjoyed myself all staff were friendly, polite and happy to help out whenever necessary. The food and decor was fantastic. The room was clean comfortable and had all nesessary amenities. i found that overall the staff especially event manager emma great and my stay was great 10/10 highly recommended!!!

• Stayed: August 2012

Dear Kirsty1988;
Feedback is a vital part of our business and as such is taken very seriously.
I would like to thank you for your kind comments regarding the staff; these are very much appreciated. I am glad you had a good time and that you enjoyed the hotel.

Reviewed 7 September 2012

Don't expect a beautiful, modern hotel. This is a lovely old building with loads of characterGreat value for money, good sized rooms but the general appearance of the building, especially in the bedroom area, is worn and tired. We had a great time and would certainly go back.

Room Tip: No lift so if you have mobility issues ask for ground-floor. Whole hotel is quiet-well away from roa...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank peterstella

Dear PeterStella;
Feedback is a vital part of our business and as such is taken very seriously.
The hotel is a old country house full of character; our refurbishment will start this winter. The hope is to make the hotel even better.

Reviewed 5 September 2012

me and my husband got married here on the 25th August we picked crabwall manor becouse of the beautiful building and ground that were around it. the guest rooms were of a good size but in need of a little tlc we have room 2 the bridal suit it was a lovely room when you walked in you have a lovely sized seating area with a tv and lovely comfy couches then a small satir case leading to the bedroom the bed was very comfy. the rooms and the hotel was very clean and well presented. we were really pleased with how relaxedthe staff made us on the day emma was a reallygood help all day always there if we needed anything and also her team they were great. the food at the hotel is brill and really god portions everyone commented on how nice the meal was and the buffet in the evening. there are lovely gardens not just the big garden at the front there are two smaller gardens (secret gardens) the children at thewedding loved theseas they could play and they also loved looking at the rabbits that were there. we will be recommending crabwall manor to people who are looking for somewhere to stay and even for a wedding. we would like to say thank you to emm the tean and all thestaff at crabwall manor !!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear MandyHarper;
Feedback is a vital part of our business and as such is taken very seriously.
I am so pleased that your special day went well; and I am impressed that you found our secret gardens!
Kind regards

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mollington
Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa
Hallmark Hotel The Queen, Chester
Carden Park Hotel
Carden Park Hotel
#1 of 1 in Broxton

Been to Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!