“Special Mother and Daughter day Spa @ Crabwall Manor”

Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mollington
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“Special Mother and Daughter day Spa @ Crabwall Manor”
Reviewed 16 October 2012

I took my mother to the Crabwall Manor for a special spa day, the treatment we had was great, so we decided to order some food, the hotel was very short staffed, a young lady trained for treatments had been forced on the till and tried her best but didn't know what she was doing, we asked her how much the salad costs as no prices on the list just stated i think £5.99 for chicken, she told us she would find out, next the salads arrived with 1 fillet of chicken cut in to 6 slices (3 slices) on each salad!!!!!(hav photos as proof) I told my mum the £5.99 must be the salad and the chicken but on ending our day the salad was around £13 each....!!!! disgusted with not being told up front and came away feeling ripped off. I did explain this to the receptionist and asked for our comments to be taken forward and to be called regarding my complaint. To this date I haven't had a response and I cannot find an email address or complaints department on-line to take this further. Other than this the day was nice, the spa was a break from the hectic daily working life.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Cheryl2708
Louis M, General Manager at Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 5 November 2012
Dear Cheryl2708;

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.
I would like to thank you for pointing out to me the issues you had during your stay.
I have since then spoken to the Spa Manager and my Head chef. Please be assured that your comments will be invistigated and that training will be in place as soon as possible so as to resolve any issue you encountered during your stay.
kind regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 October 2012

hotel atmoshpheric and charming, lots of character. Visually stunning both internally and externally. A special treat for Mum and daughter to share, our request for twin beds was taken care of. Room very spacious, warm and the bathroom equally so. Food lovely. Spa and swimming facilities good but resisted urge to use the gym!

Dear Jane C;

First of all thank you for taking the time to write this review.
Feedback is a vital part of our business and as such is taken very seriously.
I would like to thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
I am very much looking forward welcoming you back very soon.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 October 2012

hotel abit run down room was very nice spa was great stunning out buildings /veiw was told referb was to take place soon will look forword to calling back after referb resteraunt was over priced not enough choise food porshions to small after walking roud all day you need a hearty meal but still enjoyed are stayafter all most old buildings need some work here or there will be calling back

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Louis M, General Manager at Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 24 October 2012
Dear GFA_12

Thank you for your review.
Feedback is a vital part of our business and as such is taken very seriously.
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and we are very much looking forward welcoming you back very soon.
Wetherby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 October 2012

We examined Tripadvisor reviews on this hotel and found them generally very accurate. The building is impressive but in need of some attention. We understand that refurbishment is already planned

We arranged a two night good value "package" stay and our comments are made on this basis. On arrival, our reception was very friendly. Our room was large, comfortable and clean, although in need of some TLC mentioned above. We were surprised not to find the usual hotel "directory" in our room, but this may have only been missing from our room.

We had dinner in the restaurant and experienced a little delay, although we were kept advised of progress by the attentive staff. The meals were very good. Also the range of food for breakfast was excellent. Incidentally, there were some non functioning light bulbs in the restaurant throughout our stay.

We did make use of the swimming pool and the spa facilities are excellent.

Our "package" was good value, but we would have been disappointed had we been paying the full price.

In summary, we enjoyed our stay, and would definitely consider staying again, especially after the refurbishment has taken place.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Louis M, General Manager at Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 10 October 2012
Dear Tarvelexperience12;
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review.
Your positive comments are very welcome; I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We have been working really hard on the service and standard of the hotel and it is always refreshing to see that it is appreciated.
The hotel refurbishment will be starting this winter and hopefully by your next visit all the issues you did mention should be a thing of the past.
Very much looking forward welcoming you back very soon.
Reviewed 8 October 2012

We stayed here on the 3rd as we had booked a spa day on the 4th the decor of the hotel could do with being looked at as it is very shabby in places the food was over cooked and over priced! We had a cooked breakfast but without the egg!! The nicest thing about breakfast was the hot cup of tea!! After all this we were left wondering on the state of spa and service in there! On arrival Joanne made us feel incredibly welcome, we were treated like royalty an absolute turn around from the hotel part our day was amazing! We would definitely revisit the spa again, Joanne and her staff are a real asset to this hotel if it weren't for her the place would be well written off! Thanks Joanne x

• Stayed October 2012
Louis M, General Manager at Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 9 October 2012
Dear Minxy30;

First of all I would like to thank you for your comments; feedback is a vital part of our business and as such is taken very seriously.
I am sorry that on this occasion the food did not meet your expectation; I have passed your comments onto our head chef and please be assured that your feedback will be investigated so as to improve the quality of the product we do offer.
Crabwall Manor is a well-known country house with a rich history; in the last few years the hotel has been neglected; since our arrival in April we have been committed to bring this hotel to its former glory.
Our refurbishment program will be starting very soon and hopefully by your next visit we will be able to meet (and surpass) your expectation.
The Spa is very well known within the area and its reputation is flawless; I would like to thank you for your positive words.
On behalf of the hotel and Joanne I would like to thank you for your constructive comments.
Once again please do accept my apologies for not being able to meet your expectations; I hope you will come back to us and allow us to demonstrate that we do improve on a daily basis.
Looking forward welcoming you back very soon again.

Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 October 2012

First of all, we have absolutely no complaints about this hotel. The location is great, close enough to the centre of Chester, the rooms were huge, very clean and comfortable, the staff were very friendly and helpful and the spa was lovely. True, the place is a bit tired in places and ready for some decoration but most people will not let that spoil their stay

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Louis M, General Manager at Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 8 October 2012
Dear Chrisanjayne;

Thank you so much for your review.
I am so pleased that you enjoyed your time with us.
We are very proud of our staff and on their behalf I would like to thank you.

Very much looking forward welcoming you back very soon.

hereford
Reviewed 5 October 2012

well what can i stay basil has nothing on this hotel stay out of room 31 do not have a shower you may get a infection carpets very dirty dusty you do get clean towels and sheets only because they have been at the cleaners!! the food omg if you have a gastric band its baby food nevr go there again

2 Thank gurney43
Louis M, General Manager at Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 6 October 2012
Dear Gurney43;

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Feedback is vital and as such is taken very seriously.
I feel that your review is unfair and lacks honesty; you left the hotel during your second night stay at 10.30pm due to personal problems; you tried to get a refund and unfortunately due to our cancellation policy we were unable to oblige.
During your first night stay and diner no complain was made on your part? The issues you mentioned did only appear after you asked for a refund for your second night stay and were told by us and booking.com that we were unable to do so. I shall remind you that you left the hotel for personal reasons; not because your stay was uncomfortable.
Crabwall Manor is a country house full of character and history and although in some areas a refurbishment is needed (our refurbishment program will start this winter) we are very proud of the level of cleanliness and quality of food.
I am disappointed that you used Trip Advisor as a media to vent your frustration.
Still please do accept my apologies if on this occasion we were unable to meet your needs.
Kind regards
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mollington
Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa
The Mill Hotel
#12 of 44 in Chester
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,313 reviews
Hallmark Hotel The Queen, Chester

Been to Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!