“What a Wonderful Hotel”

Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mollington
Reviewed 5 December 2012

My husband and I wanted a couple of days away before the Christmas rush. We booked Crabwall Manor through Booking.Com and got a really good deal. We arrived late afternoon and was greeted by a very polite and helpful member of staff on reception and directed to our room within the Manor building. It was a very large, lovely room, the bathroom was huge with one of the biggest baths I have every seen. It was a very comfortable and quiet room, ideal for us. We had free use of the spa area which was excellent and open quite late which allowed us plenty of time to visit Chester and Cheshire Oaks and still get back and enjoy the spa facilities which were lovely and clean and not too busy. Breakfast was excellent with plenty of choice. All of the staff we found to be really pleasant and helpful. In keeping with other comments, the Manor does need a bit of TLC, a lick of paint and new carpets, but I hope they do not change too much because the Hotel has a really nice homely, welcoming feel and it would be a shame to loose that. We really loved our stay and hope to return sometime next year.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Louis M, General Manager at Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2012

Dear TabbycatWestMidland;

Thank you so much for your review.
I am so pleased that you enjoyed your time with us.
The hotel is now under refurbishment (worth £1.000.000) and I am very much looking forward welcoming you back so that you can see the difference.
Once again thank you.

There are newer reviews for Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa

Reviewed 3 December 2012

My other half and i booked this mini spa break as we both needed some chill out time. We booked it through living social and got a fantastic deal which included one nights stay, three course dinner, breakfast and one treatment each for £129.

We obviously felt it was a good deal but what we got far exceeded our expectations. We went in mid november and it was wonderful to have the pool and spa pretty much to ourselves for both days we used it.

The three course dinner was amazing. Very imaginative and delcious meals the likes of which you find in high end restaurants. We expected the breakfast to be continental but it included a full cooked breakfast menu from which you could choose anything and a continental buffet which you could choose from aswell.

The treatments we chose where an mini facial for myself and a back, neck and shoulder massage for my other half. Both lasted half an hour and we both came out very happy and extremely relaxed.

The rooms very large but in need of some repair. There where cracked tiles and damaged tap heads in the bathroom, a large section of the carpet which had become threadbare in the middle of the room and a strange decor where they had update the wallpaper but not the furniture or soft furnishing which made it all clash. Luckily we spent little time in the room as we stayed in the spa for the majority of our stay.

The reception staff where not the most welcoming but the spa and restaurant staff more than made up for it.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Louis M, General Manager at Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2012

Dear ClareSalmons;

Thank you so much for your kind words.
I am happy to see that you enjoyed your time with us.
I am pleased that you enjoyed your Spa treatments. Since the arrival of Nikky our new Spa Manager we have only received positive comments. Our Spa is rapidly becoming the place to be in chester for a relaxing afternoon.
I am pleased that you enjoyed our food and facilities.
I am very much looking forward welcoming you back very soon.
Once again thank you for your review.
Kindly yours.

Reviewed 27 November 2012

Stayed here for one night and wish it had been a few more! We were fortunate enough to be given a room in the Manor House, lovely view over the garden, it was very spacious with a seperate bedroom and bathroom, it was lovely and spotlessly clean.

The Spa area was lovely, with a decent size pool for a hotel, with a steam room, jacuzzi and sauna. We booked in the restaurant for the evening, again the food was very good and the breakfast the next morning was excellent, with full hot breakfast on offer as well as cereals and fruit.

Was a perfect base for shopping at Cheshire Oaks and close to Chester itself. All the staff were very attentive and helpful, and although we had been warned when booking that they were starting the refurbishment, it did not affect our stay - hope they do not change too much in room 2 it was lovely!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Louis M, General Manager at Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2012

Dear Jackie J;

Thank you so much for your review.
It was a pleasure to have you as a guest. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed the Spa and the food.
Our new head chef and Spa Manager have put a lot of efforts improving the quality of the service and I am pleased to see it pay off.
I am very much looking forward welcoming you back once our refurbishment is completed.
Kindly yours

Reviewed 23 November 2012 via mobile

Stayed for two nights with lovely friends.location very good.extremely quiet.beautiful surroundings.we thoroughly enjoyed the spa.the staff were very polite friendly helpful and prompt.I couldn't praise them more.full English breakfast was lovely.we booked a three course meal in the restaurant which was superb.we loved this place it is undergoig refurbishment at the moment we can't wait to go back.thanks to all the staff. Gail and Neil staffordshire

• Stayed: November 2012

Dear Jamie147;

Thank you for your review; I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our ongoing refurbishment did not interfer with your stay.
On behalf of the hotel and its staff I would like to thank you once more, looking forward welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 23 November 2012 via mobile

I stayed here with 3 friends after a day and night out in Chester - very near to the town centre so great for grabbing a can into town to eat - taxi was only a fiver! You'd never know you we're so near to the city centre though as such a peaceful place to be. The place was obviously lovely in its day with beautiful huge fireplaces and high ceilings, along with large rooms with bathrooms bigger than my living room at home! However, the rooms were tired and it took a good 20 mins for the energy saving bulbs to warm up, having said that it was clean and warm. Didn't use the shower as we went down to the spa and used the ones in there. A good choice as this was far more modern and seemed more updated. The spa was lovely. Staff were also great and we had no complaints about the breakfast. An enjoyable stay but needs a good sprucing up to enjoy the lovely spacious rooms

• Stayed: November 2012
4  Thank Footsies40

Dear Footsies40;
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review. Feedback is a vital part of our business and as such is taken very seriously.
I am pleased you enjoyed the hotel and its facility, Andrew our head chef has been working really hard to improve the food and you just made his day.
Nikky our new Spa Manager is a great asset to the hotel and I am glad you were able to experience and enjoy the Spa.
Crabwall Manor has a rich past and with our £1.000.000 refurbishment in progress we should bring back the hotel to its former self very soon.
I am very much looking forward welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 22 November 2012

I have visited many ‘4 star’ rated Spa's but no experience compares to that received at the Crabwall Manor & Spa. As soon as you walk through the door, you are attended to by exceptionally friendly employees. The masseuse, Joanne was very welcoming and knowledgeable in the services she offered. She explained the entire process thoroughly, knew exactly what I wanted from the treatment and provided an all round extraordinary service. I got my money’s worth and more and I will not think twice to travel 30mins out of my way when I am in need of a relaxing and enjoyable spa break .

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Sheila A

Dear Sheila A;

First of all I would like to thank you for your fantastic review.
Crabwall Manor Spa is a very well known for its quality; Joanne is a great asset to the hotel and we do not know what we would do without her!
On behalf of the hotel I would like once more to thank you.
Very much looking forward welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 21 November 2012

Managed to get a great deal on the room price but if I'd paid the full price I may have been less happy with the room. The room was huge with two lovely comfy beds, a nice table & chairs and a huge bathroom, however the room & bathroom were in need of some updating, some of the tiles in the bathroom were cracked as was one of the sinks, and the bath had no plug. The bedroom was nicely decorated but again looked in need of some updating.
The rest of the hotel was also showing signs in places of needing an update, however there were workmen on site as we stayed (but caused no issues regarding our stay) so it looks like work is in progress.
All the staff we met were really friendly & helpful. The food was of a good quality and perfectly served for both breakfast & the evening meal.
The hotel is easy to reach from the motorway an a short drive into Chester City so makes a good base to visit the city, and is only about 10 minutes from the zoo.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Holsoholic

Dear Holsoholic;

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review.
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Crabwall Manor is a property with a rich history and since our take over in April 2012 we have been working really hard so as to bring it back to its actual standing.
We have now started our £1.000.000 refurbishment and I am very much looking forward welcoming you back once this is done.

Kindly yours

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mollington
Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa
Hallmark Hotel The Queen, Chester
Carden Park Hotel
Carden Park Hotel
#1 of 1 in Broxton

Been to Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!