“beautifully traditional hotel”

Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mollington
Reviewed 21 August 2013

found through trivago at an excellent price and couldn't believe the value for money. As guests of the hotel we had free use of a lovely little spa with a swimming pool, sauna, steam room and jacuzzi as well as the gym. Our room had a huge king sized bed, and a good sized bathroom, Breakfast was a cold buffet but the waitress also served hot food to our table. The staff were very professional and tried their best to please everyone which added class to the hotel. we also made use of the bar and stumbled upon a lovely old snooker room.
All in all a fantastic stay. I'd definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 19 August 2013

Got a great deal through Trivago for a romantic getaway and was a little nervous if the low price reflected the quality, it did not! The hotel has recently been refurbished and the rooms are beautiful, finished to a high standard throughout. We had dinner in the hotel restaurant and the food was delicious as was breakfast the following morning.

My only criticism would be the lack of information available to guests on the facilities on offer for example, what time breakfast was, spa access for hotel guests, room service, restaurant menus, free WiFi - things that are usually covered by a comprehensive brochure in the rooms but there were none. The receptionist did tell us the brochures were in the process of being finalised and this is understandable however an interim info leaflet would've been helpful.

We checked out at 11am and then used the spa facilities for a couple of hours which was a lovely way to conclude our mini-break.

I have given Cleanliness a 4/5 only because there were quite a few dead flies in public areas i.e. corridors & window sills but it was warm and therefore understandable but not necessarily excusable. The rooms themselves were immaculate.

Would definitely recommend to a friend.

Room Tip: All rooms are lovely since the refurbishment.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2013 via mobile

I found this hotel through laterooms. I was actually looking for somewhere to stop that was close to Chester, I hadn't intended to use the hotels facilities but once I had seen the place our plans quickly changed. Beautiful place only 10 mins from the centre of Chester which is only around £7 in a taxi. Lovely pool and spa facilities in the hotel itself. Admittedly we did not eat here but the staff were very accommodating and the grounds were beautiful. Highly recommend and we hope to return soon!

Reviewed 17 August 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my husband and little boy for 2 nights. We couldn't believe it when we saw the room - it was huge with a fantastic super king bed, gorgeous furnishings and huge bathroom :) it is by far the nicest hotel room I have ever stayed in and so much nicer than some hotels which regard themselves as 5* luxury. We had a fantastic stay. We stayed in room 26 which is close to the spa. We used the pool a couple of times and my husband the gym and the facilities are amazing. The breakfast was great and the service from the staff at breakfast was superb. They couldn't have been more helpful. The grounds were lovely and hotel was in the ideal location to visit the city and the zoo. Would definitely recommend this hotel and would love to visit again.

Reviewed 16 August 2013

Well I can't say anything bad about this hotel! I had booked a one night stay for me and my girlfriend for her birthday surprise!

We arrived on Thursday 15th August after travelling from walsall and was easy to find! As we arrived at crabwall manor it looked amazing! We arrived in reception at 12.00am to enquire about our stay, which we were told before we arrived on the phone that we couldn't check in till 3.00pm! However when we arrived out room was ready for us! Customer service was excellent! The lady on the front desk was so welcoming and she even gave us a tour of the hotel before showing us where our room was!

We entered the room and me and my girlfriend was shocked how big and spacious it was! The bed was a superking! (Huge!) and so comfy! Also was the bathroom and was even room to fit a jacuzzi in!
We also had our own little garden! We stayed in room 14 which was lovely and clean and very quiet!

As part of our stay we had a massage treatment at half 3 booked and a 2 course lunch on arrival! We unpacked our bags and went down to the spa where the women once again on the desk was so welcoming! Asked us what we would like to eat before our massage and full use of the spa facilities! Swimming pool, jacuzzi, gym, sauna , steamroom!

Me and my girlfriend ordered a cheese and tomato baguette and a side order which was amazing!

Our massage was so relaxing and felt so relaxed after it! We then used the pool, sauna, steam room , jacuzzi for 3 hours until we went back to the room and changed for our dinner!

8.30 we arrived for dinner and once again the waitresses were so welcoming! Always asking for refills on drinks and checking if everything was ok with our food!

I've got to say this was the best meal i have ever had! I ordered a chicken breast with bacon!

And a dessert of sticky toffee pudding which I recommend to everyone to have!

Best dessert I've ever had!

I would like to say this hotel is well worth the money and I have no bad comments about this hotel!

I recommend it to everyone and is also a great venue for weddings!

Room! 5 out of 5
Spa! 5 out of 5
Staff! 5 out of 5
Hotel! 5 out of 5
Food! 5 out of 5

Reviewed 16 August 2013

I visited Crabwell Manor for a business meeting and to look at the facilities for a weekend break. I certainly won't be considering the later after the way I was treated by the receptionist and the manager.

Once in the car park it was difficult to find the entrance as the signage was very poor. As a wheelchair user I looked around for a Blue Badge space but couldn't find one. The entrance area was cobble lined and the kerb edging to the footpath was in disrepair.

As a wheelchair user I needed the portable ramp that was set in place against the steps into the reception area by a member of staff. The member of staff was friendly and offered assistance.

Once inside it was clear to see that the carpet, furnishing and decor were in need of updating, in fact it was a trip back to the 80's.

Staff in the bar area were very helpful, and the drinks were reasonably priced.

After saying my goodbyes to our host I was planning to look at the hotel facilities but as we arrived at the steps adjacent to the reception I noticed that the 8ft long ramp was standing up against the wall opposite. I asked the receptionist if a member of staff was available to place the ramp in situ and was shocked when she simply replied 'no' cant your friend do it.

Although my friend was willing to do so, I explained that the type of ramp was quite heavy and unless handled correctly, one can easily trap your fingers. I explained to the receptionist that surly this should be happening and I asked when a member of staff would be available, she replied 'I don't know', can't your friend do it.

I asked see the manager, during which time, my friend did set up the ramp. When the manager arrived I asked if this was the hotels policy to expect guests to set out a heavy 8ft long ramp and he said he could see the problem! Once I explained that it was a health and safety risk, he agreed and stated that he would speak to the receptionist later. I asked if she would be willing to apologise, but he wanted to avoid it stating that he would do it in private.

I left the hotel feeling very frustrated and embarrassed because as these conversations were taking place, other guests at the hotel were walking past and staring.

If you are a wheelchair user, ensure that you take a friend, and don't forget the industrial gloves, because they will probably need to join the hotel staff when you decide to leave.

Whatever happened to good customer service?

Room Tip: Check out access if you are a wheelchair user.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Louis M, General Manager at Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2013

Dear Davetmb;

I cannot hide my disappointment and surprise at reading your review.
It is a shame that you felt necessary to write a review that is a poor translation of the events.
Crabwall Manor and its staff did its best to assist your requests until these requests were deemed inappropriate.
Crabwall Manor and I do respect our customers and expect the same attitude toward all members of our staff.
I believe that you misunderstood my polite apology for a willingness to agree to an inappropriate request.
Kind regards

Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

We booked here last min on late rooms (cheaper) we also went on a Sunday night 1 night in the junior suite (bridal suite) which was a lot cheaper on a Sunday.
We used the sat nav to get us there which told us to pull in the wrong turning which turned out to be the car home next door under the same name. But we got there and checked in they had a power cut that day but you wouldn't of known if they didn't tell you. Finding our room was a little hard but thanks to my other half we got there. We opened the door to room one and it was amazing a living room, large bathroom with shower and bath. Then down some little stairs to the super king bed. All the amenities were there cups tea coffee hair dryer, iron and ironing board. There was also the bonus of wifi in our room and the whole of the hotel and spa. We even had two telly's. We decided to have a walk around the place and you could see that other places needed a fresh look, which we were told was underway for the rest of the building. We went in the spa and wished we brought a swimming costume because the pool looked amazing. I decided to have a treatment of a pedicure which was really relaxing and Charlotte I think her name was, is really chatting and made you feel relaxed. We had book for bed and breakfast but you can book dinner as well. So when we had our dinner we paid for it and it was well worth it. The food was so yummy as you can tell from the pictures I've posted. So much to choice from. Then we finished our night in the bar which did get a little busy but you could sit in other rooms. Then we both had such a good nights sleep the only thing was the fire alam making and intercom noise every so often but we slept thorough it. The shower was amazing the next morning nice and big the only thing I would say is maybe put a shelf in or something for your own shower gels and shampoo as I had to put my on the floor. Breakfast was made to order with a tables full of cereal, breads, fruit and yogurts. We both had a full English breakfast which was really nice. We then meet up with Laura who spoke to us about a wedding, she was really helpful and kind. All the staff where accommodating. Thank you so much for our wonderful stay can't wait too Come back.

• Stayed: August 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mollington
Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa
The Chester Grosvenor
The Chester Grosvenor
#4 of 45 in Chester
Hallmark Hotel The Queen, Chester

Been to Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!