Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$138
PremierInn.com
Bawn Lodge(Chester)
TripAdvisor
1,309 results
All reviewsjoanne wilcoxcolonic hydrotherapymaster suitegirls nightmassive bathroomsteam roomchanging roomssuperior roomlight lunchmy partnerlovely hotelwalk in showercheshire oakslounge areawedding venueafternoon teaevening meal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 January 2014

We first came to Crabwall Manor before we got married, 14 happy years ago! For a surprise, I booked a stay for my husband on his birthday. Due to lack of willing babysitters we brought the girls with us and had a lovely time. The refurbished rooms are spacious and stylish, whilst they don't necessarily have the charm of the old rooms they are very nicely decorated with large, elegant bathrooms, soft duvets and pillows and large towels. We all enjoyed a game of snooker and in the morning, whilst the other half was still sleeping (it was his birthday after all) the girls and I enjoyed a nice cup of tea and warm milk in the lounge before anyone else was awake. The spa is still a winner, although the short swimming times for kids - 10-12 in the morning and 3-5 in the afternoon - is a real disappointment. Children will always want to go swimming in a hotel but it does mean you can't go out for the day if you want to swim. They'd be better offering kids swimming earlier and later in the day as it is a bit restrictive for parents. We did however, for the first time, manage to enjoy a soak in the hot tub as the pool is one depth throughout, the girls can swim now and we could see them from the jacuzzi. Once refurbishment is complete, this hotel will be a real gem - the lovely lady in reception was telling us about plans for the lounge which will feature chesterfield sofas and new decor - it's going to be amazing. The snooker table was a bonus and, overall we had a fabulous time. In a couple of months time it's going to be a lot more expensive, but I'm sure it will be worth it - it will be great to see this beautiful hotel restored to its former glory. Can't wait!

Room Tip: Room 25 is great for families - very spacious and close to the spa.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank 4,398
Louis M, General Manager at Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Thank you for your positive feedback., we hope to welcome you back the next time you are in Chester.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

My wife and I used to live on the Wirral and have known of the Crabwall Manor for many years but have never stayed there. We came for a short break on January 16th for two nights, dinner bed and breakfast one night, just bed and breakfast the second night.
The room we were shown to was excellent, possibly the biggest hotel room I have ever stayed in and very well refurbished and furnished. A very nice en-suite spoiled only by the rather weak shower. We were quite late arriving but were shown to the restaurant where we enjoyed an excellent meal. Not the best I've ever had but well prepared and presented 'real' food not 'boil-in-a-bag' rubbish from a big supplier. The breakfasts on both days were excellent and the hotel staff were at all times courteous and attentive, couldn't fault any of them.
Some of the public areas of the hotel could do with refurbishing but I guess this is part of their ongoing programme, the 70's decor in the restaurant did not spoil our meal but did bring a smile to our faces.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Richard W

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that the food and staff were to your satisfaction. We hope to welcome you back and in the future.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

We stayed there for a couple of days to visit the zoo, the hotel was close to the zoo, The hotel was very good condition and spotless clean, our room was big with both bath and shower every thing about the room was excellent. The food was also very good, the staff could not do enough for us as my wife has a disability of getting up stairs we were given a ground floor room without any problems, the view's over the garden were good and the spa was excellent as I can recommend having used it. We would recommend this hotel to all our friends.

Room Tip: Idea for the city of Chester and the zoo
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Terry M
Louis M, General Manager at Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Dear Terry M;

Thank you for this fantastic review.
I am delighted that you had a great time at Crabwall Manor.
Looking forward welcoming you back.
Kind regards

Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

I visited this lovely place, I thoroughly enjoyed the atmosphere. I could not knock the service I was served by a friendly waitress called Jenny who was very helpful, on a query about my meal. The food was really nice and well presented. Would strongly recommend going here again.

Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank Chadwilliams77

Dear Chadwilliams77;

Thank you for taking the time to write this fantastic review.
On behalf of the hotel and it staff I would like to thank you.
Looking forward welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

What a lovely hotel.

Outside it is beautiful, inside it is beautiful.

Our room (26) ground floor was recently refurbished and was so lovely. A big bath tub, and separate shower with the biggest bed in the world!!!

I loved it and felt like a princess!

The hotel is undergoing a massive refurb and so far the rooms and the spa are has been completed, and if I'm honest we only used these areas as we opted to not have breakfast as it was a little pricey.

Large free car park, taxi to chester only £6.

We will be back!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Truthonlythanks

Dear Truthonlythanks;

Many thanks for your kind words and fantastic feedback.
I am pleased to see that you enjoyed the hotel and its facilities.
Looking forward welcoming you back soon
Kind regards