“Disorganised and unprofessional”

Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mollington
“Disorganised and unprofessional”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

During our stay we experienced several disappointments bearing in mind for us this was a special weekend break. My partner was out family for 9 month to tour Afghanistan with the RAF. When we got to reception nobody was available to greet us. Therefore we were confused as to where reception was until somebody did arrive and gave us keys to our room which was quite helpful. However when we woke the next morning to our surprise there was no electricity. We assumed this was only our room until we made our way downstairs and realised all of the lighting had gone. We realised this was not the hotels fault however, we did think this could have been handled more professionally. There were no signs to state there had been a power cut, and again no staff available to tell us there had been a power cut. We arrived at the dinner hall to be told by a waitress that there is only a continental breakfast this morning obviously! She must have assumed we knew the power had gone. There was no option to have a refund for the English breakfast we had pre booked. And a continental breakfast is not bread, cereal, meat and cheese! When we returned from our day out we went back to our room to find our sheets had not been changed, our towels had been left on the toilet seat and the surfaces had not been wiped. After complaining we received our money back for breakfast and an upgrade to a junior suite. The room was beautiful, however, the phone line had been snapped so could not order room service, there was no iron and there was litter behind our bed. Also when we used the spa we were not allowed robes because they were 'not supposed to give them out'??? When we returned late from a Saturday night in town in Chester, we waited 15 minutes at reception to get our key back which you are requested to hand in each time you leave and nobody came. My partner had to get it himself. Not very secure considering anybody could have gone behind the counter! All in all a very shoddy and unprofessional hotel. Really disappointed especially after paying so much.

• Stayed April 2014
4 Thank RP221988
Louis M, General Manager at Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Dear RP221988;

Fist of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review.
I am surprised by your comments and the content of this review.
None of the events you do mentioned have ever happened or were reported to us?
I am wondering if you left this review by mistake maybe (as for the wrong hotel)?
Please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will do my best to help you find the hotel linked to this review.
When next in Chester please do not hesitate to try Crabwall Manor; I am sure you will enjoy it more than where you stayed last.
Kind regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
Liverpool/Wirral
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

We decided to have a eau break following our travels round Anglesey Portmeirion and wales - we were not disappointed as the refurb has done the place proud. Great spa with pool jacuzzi steam and sauna and pristine

Our superior room was huge with lounge area massive bathroom abd super kingsize bed as good as my
One at home

Sea bass at dinner was gorgeous beautiful grounds and as
Midweek not overly busy

Would certainly stay again

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

My husband booked us an overnight stay for my birthday. We arrived early and although our room wasn't ready to check in we were invited to use the spa facilities which included a lovely pool, jacuzzi, sauna and steam room.
The lady on reception was very helpful throughout our stay which was good as apart from in the spa the hotel staff were sparse. This was the only down point as it made it difficult to order lunch or drinks on an evening as there didn't seem to be anybody about.
Our room was amazing! We booked a suite and it was huge with a gorgeous bathroom including bath and walk in shower. It also had two balconies with amazing views.
We didn't dine in the restaurant on the evening however we did have afternoon tea which was very nice! And breakfast had good choices :)
Lovely, would definitely stay again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Liverpool
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I booked a spa package here for my friend who is due to get married in a few weeks. There was only 3 of us and we booked on the Girls Night In package which included a 2 course lunch, glass of fizz, 2 x 25 minute treatments, dinner, bed and breakfast. What value for money this place is, its a little gem. The treatments were a facial and the best back massage I have ever had. The food was lovely, plenty to choose from and plenty of it. The place itself was lovely, clean and the staff were so friendly in both the spa and the hotel. The room was really spacious and clean. This place was a last resort after the original place I wanted to go to was fully booked but I am so pleased that I found it and I will definitely be going back here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Abby1176
Wirral, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Since having regular colonics at Crabwell manor with Joanne Wilcox my health and skin has really improved.I have a lot more energy after colonics and feel so much better. The staff always make me feel comfortable and relaxed.

• Stayed April 2014
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I have had numerous treatments around the world but always steered away from Colonic irrigation, thinking it would be embarrassing,
Not in the caring and gentle presence of Joanne.

She is truly adorable and so professional in her approach and knowledge, adding after care advise on health and we'll being.
Afterwards you feel cleansed, refreshed and relaxed.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank 133333
Manchester
Reviewed 28 March 2014

A luxury hotel in a truly beautiful location. We booked this for romance and relaxation; it delivered. We stayed in Room 43 (bay window suite). The rooms are much larger than comparable hotels and the staff were very helpful.

We made use of the 'Park and Ride' service that operates from Chester Zoo into Chester.

The only minor issue was the lack of service from the waiter in the restaurant (a long wait at the end of the meal and then he forgot to bring us the dessert menu). The television in the room had very few working channels and the hotel should upgrade this to round off an otherwise excellent hotel.

The Spa was excellent both in treatments and facilities.

We will definitely be staying here again in the future!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JurgenT
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mollington
Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa
Hallmark Hotel The Queen, Chester
Carden Park Hotel
Carden Park Hotel
#1 of 1 in Broxton

Been to Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!