“Fabulous!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mollington
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Fabulous!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

We booked to stay the evening before and the night of our wedding. We were married nearby, so Crabwall Manor was well located for our venue. From booking our 9 rooms in October 2013, to checking out last Thursday, the service was great! Our guests were delighted with the quality and size of their rooms and they made full use of the great spa facilities. The rooms were all well decorated and presented to a very high standard. The hotel staff were exceedingly helpful on the morning of our wedding, delivering breakfast to my room then moving things from our 2 rooms to the most amazing suite we have ever seen! We had such a lovely time, that our guests did not want to leave! Thank you to Kasia for all of her help and organisation.

Room Tip: Room 5 is lovely!
3 Thank Manielle2014
Louis M, General Manager at Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dar Manielle2014;

First of all I would like to congratulate you in your wedding.
I am delighted to see that you enjoyed the hotel and that in a small part helped your day run smoothly.
Many thanks for your kind words and very positive review.
Looking forward welcoming you back very soon.
Kind regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Firstly...I a 17 stone 6.2" Muscular Masculine Rugby Player. The thought of going for a new age alternative medical treatment !, sent a shiver down my spine, Colonic Hydrotherapy PAH ! Give me a break Dalai Lama.......
HOW WRONG I WAS !, Not easy for me to admit I was wrong, I have spent many years striving for success and taking no prisoners along the way, working my way up from small clubs to Premiership Performance.
I am at the top end of my game, but I was training hard and I thought eating correctly ! Training/exercising 6 days a week on a difficult regime.I was feeling pretty run down in March and had developed a minor skin condition along with an uncomfortable feeling in my gut that had lasted for weeks giving me constipation ! I put it down to diet and a few hard knocks on the pitch.
As a gift (Or Joke!) I never thought I would use ! My Agent sent me to Crabwall Manor Hotel and Spa at Chester. Still dubious I went with my girlfriend who thought the whole thing was hilarious. . The place is set in its own peaceful surroundings in Chester. Not long after arriving we met who we thought was the owner a fantastic lady called Joanne Wilcox who turned out not to be the owner but Crabwall Manor's specialist Colonic Hydrotherapist !!!! I was not really sure what I was expecting but it wasn't this lady at all. I am by no means new age or at one with my Chopra !. But she was amazing. She put me at ease straight away talked to me all about my Diet and Training Programs and gave me the benefit of her vast knowledge on body systems . I was amazed to find out some of my old team mates from another club had been to see her a few times along with some Prem Football Players I also know, as she has clinics all over the place. Before I new it she had talked to me about all sorts of things and by the time I had the procedure completed it felt like I had had what I can only describe as, an "Enlightening Experience" quite literally ! i hardly noticed it had been completed as she had me in fits of laughter literally tears running down my face. And it was all finished I did feel very calm and relaxed afterwards. All done in a very professional way.
But did it work ? I am Converted to this new age procedure ?
I would in all honesty have to say YES. My gut felt brilliant later that evening and has done ever since also she gave me for free ! some cream for my skin and yes dryness has all gone.
I would and did say I would recommend "Joanne Wilcox Clinics"
We all work hard to better ourselves in a sometimes difficult world, all we want is to feel good from day to day and to help others feel good
Thanks all at Crabwall Manor a really great experience.
"Where ignorance is our Master,there is no possibility of real peace"

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear ajd j;

Many thanks for this review.
On behalf of Joanne I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your experience.
Joanne is an asset and we are delighted to have her using our hotel.
Looking forward your next visit.
Stafford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

this is one of the nicest hotels we have stayed in,lovely rooms massive bathroom,evrything clean and well maintained,lovey smiling helpful staff ,who coudnt do enough for you, really nice pool sauna steam room, only 1 problem, and its a worrying one really,there are no safes in the rooms for your valubles.so if you are here for a couple of days you have to take everything with you,this really is the only thing i can fault and i feel a bit harsh because we had a lovely time,will def return, thank you crabwall manor,

Room Tip: we stayed in a superior room, really really nice,lovely gardens to sit in on nice days ,
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Barry C;
Many thanks for this fantastic review; i am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay.
Although we do not offer safes inside our rooms you are welcome at your next stay to use our main safe at reception. We can hold any valuable that you would like us to keep on your behalf.
Hoping to see you soon again.
Wirral
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

We had an over night stay to celebrate my husbands birthday. Firstly we were up- graded to a junior suite which was by far the best room we have ever stayed in in a hotel. Spacious with a living area and 2 balconies and 2 TV's! It was spotlessly clean and the bathroom was out of this world; massive bath, walk-in shower and complimentary toiletries etc We also had cookies and drink making facilities. We headed off to the spa. The pool was warm and sauna and steam room were hot. The Jacuzzi was not working which was a bit of a disappointment but didn't distract from our stay. In the evening we went to the bar for drinks and had a pitcher of cocktails between us which worked out at a good value as it cost £12 and we got 6 glasses from it; it tasted delicious and it would normally cost £6.95 per cocktail. Next our evening meal and pate to start which was nice but nothing special. My husband had the chicken for his main and myself the rack of lamb. The lamb was cooked beautifully but if you don't like mustard avoid as the mustard mash was very strong! I think some vegetables should have been served with the main course as we didn't realise that they wouldn't and by the time it arrived it was too late to order them. The crème brulee for desert was delicious. We had an excellent nights sleep and the following morning had breakfast in our room for £10 each. Breakfast was amazing and was delivered for a £4.50 charge which was well worth it! All the staff were helpful and friendly. A great relaxing treat and we would stay again!

1 Thank tinmen
Dear Tinmen;
Many thanks for this lovely review.
I am pleased to see that you enjoyed the hotel and its facilities.
I also would like on behalf of the staff to thank you for your great comments; these went a long way in boosting morale.
Looking forward welcoming you back soon.
Chester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

Read the review written 5 days ago by Claireb stating what fantastic wedding they had, I wish our experience for our daughter's wedding had been as memorable. The wedding took place a week ago and the wedding ceremony it self was perfect and to share that moment with family and friends was priceless. On the day it self we (bride parent) made the decision not to complain as not to spoil the day for our daughter, looking back I wish we had. Having been promised that the day would be perfect by the hotel team, I was appauld and disappointed at this standard of service and of the food we received at the wedding breakfast, it was embarrassing for us and for our guest when we had to wait between 30/45 min for our courses to be served and when the starter of Duo of Melon finally arrived it was sliced so thinly it was embarrassing to see it on the plate and with regards to the main course of Chicken Breast filled with spinach mousse, all I can say to the chef, where was the spinach mousse!! Dessert was good. The evening Buffett was no better, with some of our guest having young children we requested the Buffett to be served between 8.45/9.00 pm it was finally served at around 10.00 pm some of our guest had left at this stage, the chilly beef was the worst we had ever tasted, jacket potatoes did not consist of any fillings and open sandwiches where thin slices of baguette, very poor standard all round for a so called 4* Hotel. Since the wedding we've also been informed by several of our wedding guest that they where over charge for their rooms to what had been quoted in advance. At the end of the day all we wanted was a perfect wedding for our daughter and for our guest to have had a memorable day, unfortunately this has been over shadow by the poor standard of service, in my opinion Crab wall Manor charges 4* rate and gives a service of a 2*, would I recommend this hotel, for the venue and guest rooms yes, as for food and the service no.
Regards,
Graham & Linda Page

Room Tip: All room's are of good standard having recently been refurb, my only complain regarding our room...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Linda P
Louis M, General Manager at Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Linda P,
I am pleased that you took the time to mention a previous wedding; in over 2 years and 70 weddings we never had any negative feedback.
Unfortunately on this occasion due to guests leaving their table leading to our staff being unable to clear tables and serve following course promptly we were unable to keep the agreed timetable. Maybe the top table was too far?
Your buffet was agreed to be at 9.30pm (I would suggest that you double check the signed contract) .
I also do not agree with your comments regarding the hotel offering a 2* service at a 4* price. Fortunately there are enough photographs and reviews on TripAdvisor taken by bride and grooms for people to make their own judgement as to whether the hotel is the perfect venue for a wedding..

I am sorry that you will not be returning but maybe we could help you with suggestions for local 2* hotels.
England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

My sister and I took our mum for her birthday and had such a lovely stay. Everyone was really nice and helpful. We left our suitcases at reception whilst we went to the spa and they kindly put them in our rooms for us. The rooms were huge and modern bathrooms - read the card of instructions they give you, I didn't and had a lukewarm shower!

The spa treatments were great, we had facials, massages and a pedicure which were all brilliant. We also used the swimming pool, jacuzzi, steam room & sauna which were all good.

The only negative I could say is that the robes were looking a bit worn and the slippers were very thin - I'd suggest taking your own flip flops.

We had lunch, dinner & breakfast at the hotel all of which were good - only comment here was I ordered steak medium rare and it was too cooked for my liking but I had a really great chicken caesar salad and cooked breakfast.

Overall, great hotel, great spa and lovely staff.

Room Tip: We had 2 rooms on the ground floor that we're really large, not sure if all rooms are the same.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear JojobaEngland;

Many thanks for your positive review.
Your constructive comments have taken on board and since then worked on the issues your raised.
I also would like to thank you for your kind words.
We hope to welcome you back very soon.
Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Had a lovely break away in an upgraded suite which was one of the nicest rooms we have ever stayed in . Staff on reception very friendly, as was Laura who took time to discuss ideas for our future wedding. Was a sunny weekend so we spent a great deal of time in the beautiful gardens . The evening meal was a let down , couldn't eat any of my meal and had to return it ...the cost was taken off the bill and dealt with well . Breakfast was very nice though . Defiantly will return to this hotel.

Room Tip: If possible upgrade to a suite, we'll worth it.
1 Thank TPenni
Dear Tpenni;
Many thanks for you kind comments and constructive feedback.
I am please to see that your enjoyed your stay,
Kind regards
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mollington
Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa
Abode Chester
Abode Chester
#18 of 45 in Chester
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,964 reviews

Been to Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!