“Bliss!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mollington
London, United Kingdom
“Bliss!”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

This hotel stay experience was absolutely great from check in to check out! Having stayed in the Kirkconnel Hall Hotel the day before this hotel was a all I needed. Fantastic short break! Adam was tremendously helpful during his night shift. He went out of his way to help.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Tib1997
Louis M, General Manager at Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear Tib1997;

Many thanks for taking the time to write this review.
I am delighted to see that you enjoyed the hotel and its facilities.
On behalf of the hotel and it staff I would like to thank you for you kind comments.
Kind regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Excellent location near to the city of Chester and surrounding areas.
Lovely hotel with character and fantastic spa facilities, room very spacious and modern, but, did have a few problems with the cleanliness of the room.
Staff very pleasant and helpful.
Would stay again. Diolch

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gareth H
Louis M, General Manager at Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Gareth H;
Many thanks for taking the time to write this review.
Feedback is a vital part of our business and as such is taken very seriously.
I would like to thank you for your positive comments.
Very much looking forward your return
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We have just celebrated our daughters and son in laws wedding and would certainly recommend the venue for a wedding. The service was excellent and friendly. Having the whole wing to ourselves was great. Luckily the weather was sunny so even late into the evening many of the guests drank and socialised outside in the attractive grounds. The room for the wedding breakfast itself was brilliant and very light and airy. The starters and mains were all good and we heard only compliments. Unfortunately quite a few guests including ourselves found the profiteroles bland and stodgy. I personally used the swimming pool in the morning which was very pleasant and refreshing. The following day morning breakfasts were all good and we heard no complaints. The only other issue was the lack of hot was for certain guest

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear ed w;
First of all I would like to congratulate your daughter on her wedding.
I am delighted to read your comments; I have passed your comments onto our head chef and we will look into your comments.
I also would like to thank you for your kind comments.
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Crabwall Manor is a pleasant enough place to stay. The rooms are reasonably comfortable, staff friendly and helpful and there's nothing wrong with the food in the restaurant.
However, from a slightly negative perspective it is a long way from the centre of Chester, so there are no options for alternative dining places and you can't go for a stroll through this beautiful city, unless you drive into town or call a taxi.
Further, from a really negative perspective, the bathing facilities are an accident just waiting to happen. My mobility is only slightly challenged by my age. I can manage most things. But in this case the shower over the bath was of considerable concern. The sides of the bath are high, the surface of the bath is as slippery as ice and there is no "grabrail" to help you in. Others in our party who had rooms with a simple shower also commented on the slippery nature of the surface.
So, unless you are steady of foot, be careful.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank StayalotNewcastle
Dear StayalotNewcastle;

I am not sure how to answer your comments regarding the fact that Crabwall Manor is not located in center town... I believe that it is common practice for country side hotels not to be located in center town.
All our bathrooms have newly fitted anti slip bath/showers; in it you will find that a bath mat is supplied for when coming out of the bath/shower and that plastic bath mats are available at reception to fit inside all our bath/showers if you do ave mobility issues.
We also have 2 disable room with fully kitted wet rooms.
Birkenhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Joanne has been a true inspriration to me as I had my colonics done. She was able to guide me through a better diet, leading onto a healthly lifestyle. I have never felt such a warm and welcoming experience from the minitue I stepped into Crabwell manor with all the staff.
But Jo in particular with her great personality is a true asset to Crabwell.
I have now booked in my husband who is funny about things like that but he also felt comfortable. Also my colleague has booked in for treatment as well. Thank you Jo. We will be staying in touch.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Dear Robyn M;

Many thanks for this review.
We are delighted to see that your time with Joanne went well.
We are very proud to have Joanne as part of our team and its aleways a pleasuer to welcome her customers.
On Joanne behalf I would like to thank you for your kind comments.
Reviewed 13 June 2014

The venue, staff and events team where exceptional throughout our whole journey from planning our day through to organising everything on the big day. A special thanks to Emma & Matty, you both ensured that we had nothing to worry about on the day so we could relax & enjoy it! The venue is just stunning & the staff very attentive at all times. The surroundings provided a beautiful back drop for our photo's and our guests enjoyed drinks on the lawn & patio. The evening was simply fantastic, the new lighting & black & white dance floor set the scene providing the perfect ambiance for our guests to dance the night away!! Absolutely recommend Crabwall Manor and we will definitely be returning for years to come.

Mr & Mrs Kasabov

Room Tip: The suites are absolutely stunning, a real treat if you're looking for something special and the...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Diane K
Dear Diane K;

Many thanks for taking the time to write this review and for the lovely comments.
Also on behalf of the hotel and it s staff I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate you on your wedding.
We are delighted to see that all went well and that you enjoyed the day.
You and guests were a delight to have within the hotel.
Very much looking forward welcoming you back.
Lincoln
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

First impressions - converted stately home with lots of character. Nice room. Helpful friendly staff who tried hard, but not quite enough of them. Breakfast a bit thin. Free uncomplicated wifi (always a big plus in my book) although very slow.

I would have liked a sign to reception from the car park as it wasn't immediately apparent where it was, but once I found it, the receptionist was helpful and pleasant - once I found her. There was no bell at reception to ring if no one was there which would have been helpful.

I was in the bridal suite for some reason, not that I am complaining. Very nice room with a large, grand and very comfortable bed. Surprisingly modern bathroom. Shower one of those large rainforest things but poor flow so I didn't really get the benefit. The receptionist made a note when I mentioned it at checkout and seemed to be genuinely taking notice. I would have liked a soap shelf - I am no longer blessed with a physique which makes it easy to cope with soap on the floor...

Apart from our small group, there were two large parties in which meant the dining room had about 50 people in and my impression was that the staff couldn't quite cope. The food was lovely and I think all of us were happy with our various dishes at dinner. Breakfast offered juices, cereals, toast and cooked options but no cold meats, cheeses or pastries, which I would have expected in a hotel at this level.

Overall I would be happy to give them another try if I was in the area.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Lemmus;

Many thanks for this review.
I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Kind regards
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mollington
Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa
The Mill Hotel
#12 of 44 in Chester
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,313 reviews
Hallmark Hotel The Queen, Chester

Been to Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!