“Wedding”

Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mollington
Reviewed 9 July 2014

My husband and I recently had Crabwall Manor as our reception venue for our wedding. The service was brilliant aswell as the decor being fresh and clean due to the recent renovations. We had the bridal suite as our bedroom which was spacious with all the nice little touches. The wedding coordinators emma and matty do a superb service and you certainly feel like they care about your day. Even the day after emma was on hand in the morning to help sort things out. My only criticism is several of our family and friends stayed over as well and had trouble with hot water in morning for showers. This however didn't effect our room. The food was of a high standard including presentation and they were able to accommodate special diets. The puddings were a slight let down as they weren't quite as nice as on our taster evening. Our family used the spa facilities and the kids especially enjoyed using the pool. The main wedding room gives the feeling of outdoors without the weather risk due to its numerous windows. While smaller separate rooms in the function wing are great for guests to chill out in. The grounds make for excellent wedding photographs and i would definitely recommend this as a wedding venue.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ehutch88
Write a ReviewReviews (1,274)

Reviewed 9 July 2014

My daughter and I took a spa break at the hotel for a pamper break after a very stressful few months. We enjoyed it from start to finish and would recommend the package for those wishing to chill. Our room was huge and really comfortable, Staff were lovely and there was a great choice at breakfast. We arrived at 11.30am and our room was ready for us then even though check out time is a generous 11.00am. Fabulous!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Although I got a very cheap deal for my night here , I still expected to to be treated the same as if it had been full price. Sadly the room was not to the standards I would have expected for the normal asking price.
Cobwebs, dirty bathroom sink, faulty toilet cistern and the icing on the cake? The duvet cover coming away at the seams ( very long holes) on both sides of the bed. I can't believe they keep the tatty bedding for those who get a deal, so I would have been more disappointed had I paid the full amount!
As I had to leave quite early in the morning to get ready for my daughter's wedding, I didn't have the time or inclination to take it up with the management.... I didn't want to start a beautiful day with a bad mood.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Louis M, General Manager at Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear Gill D;
Many thanks for taking the time to contact the hotel directly and apologizing for leaving this review as you made a mistake on the location itself.
My understanding was that this review was addressed to a local Caravan Site.
Hopefully trip Advisor will remove your review fairly soon.
When next in Chester please do not hesitate to contact me directly and will do my best to accommodate you in our 4 stars hotel.
Looking forward your first visit.

Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Absolutely love going here its our 4th stay now, a perfect getaway hotel with beautiful grounds,we used the pool ,sauna & jacuzzi, all perfect, although treatments were booked up.Rooms are spacious with a huge queen size bed, hairdryer ,iron and tea tray provided, we had lovely sandwiches in the bar area but you can also have room service.Wifi was a bit hit and miss but we heard it was being modified so it should be up and running by our next visit. A taxi into town is £5-£6

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Missboovier;
Many thanks for this review.
As a return guest and I pleased to see that your stays are as you expect.
Our WIFI issue is now resolved and hopefully by visit number 5 you should be able to enjoy this free service.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Wonderful hotel. We stopped here for a trip to the zoo with our little one.(literally 10mims away)
The staff couldn't do enough - nothing was too much trouble.
Rooms are spacious and comfortable.
Spa and pool are facilities are great and hardly anyone else in.
Breakfasts are varied, hot and tasty and the restaurant staff are friendly and accommodating.
Reception staff are so nice, chatty and knowledgable, really want to make you enjoy your stay.
Only downside - would have liked to stop another night! We will be back again in the near future - thanks guys :-)

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear LucyinDerbyshire;

Many thanks for this fantastic review.
I am so please that you enjoy the hotel.
On behalf of the hotel and it staff many thanks
Looking forward welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

I visited Crabwall Manor on a spa break woth overnight stay evening meal and breakfast included. Needing a little break away from the hustle and bustle, and a little 'me time'.
I was not disappointed. From the spa treatment, the pool area, the general serenity of the place, to the room, huge bathroom, bed so big I think it may have taken up two postcodes.
Dinner was an absolute delight.
As a solo guest, sometimes you feel like you stick out a bit, but here everything was so wonderfully discrete.
Breakfast this morning was fantastic, then I spent an hour or two watching the birds and rabbits in the perfectly landscaped gardens.
Some reviews on here are less than gleaming. I think I know why, one or two of the guests are, how can I put it, ar..es. Its probably this type of person who has left less than perfect reviews. However, if you are a normal person, looking to be pampered but not suffocated, in beautiful surroundings, then I would not hesitate to book this.
I will certainly be back!
Many thanks to all the staff for making my stay one to remember.
X

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Vicky H

Dear Vicky H;
Many thanks for this kind comments.
I am pleased to see that your stay went as expected and that you left the hotel more relaxed than when you arrived.
Looking forward welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

My wife and I stayed here following our wedding at the nearby Chester Zoo and all we can say is we are absolutely thrilled that we did. A stunning location, an incredible bedroom (and massive bathroom!), delicious breakfast and most importantly wonderful staff who looked after us impeccably. My wife also stayed the night before and the staff were excellent in looking after her and her party and ensuring a relaxing, enjoyable night before the big day. So to any staff member on duty on the 25th, 26th and 27th June we cannot thank you enough and we will definitely be back again!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Peter J

Dear Peter J;

Many thanks for your review and many congratulations on your big day.
I am so pleased by your comments and on behalf of the hotel and its staff I would like to thank you.
Looking forward your return.
Kind regards

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mollington
3 mi away
Crowne Plaza Chester
Crowne Plaza Chester
#13 of 45 in Chester
Hallmark Hotel The Queen, Chester

Been to Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!