“Beautiful place”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mollington
West Midlands, United Kingdom
“Beautiful place”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

we booked this last minute for a mini break for me and my husband just to get away and have couple of days on our own and be able to switch off from everyday routine. On arrival we were both very impressed and loved the whole look of the place in its beautiful surroundings. The room was lovely and spacious and decorated to a high standard . The spa was nice to go and have a swim and sauna as well which was an added bonus. We didn't eat at the restaurant as we went into chester but when speaking to people around hotel who had eaten they all said the food was lovely. The icing on the cake for me was after walking round Cheshire oaks outlet we came back and sat in the grounds all afternoon as the weather was glorious. After having a few beers were more than chilled but it was just so lovely just to totally switch off . Would defiinately return to this hidden gem of a place and would recommend this place to friends.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
Bo'ness, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel with my girlfriend for 2 nights as it was close to Alton towers as well as Chester Zoo. We booked this hotel for what we thought was great value for money.

The room we got was massive, the bathroom was clean too!
The hotel give you full access to the pool area which has a jacuzzi, steam room etc, it was great after the long queues at Alton towers.

If we are back in the Chester area, we will be booking this hotel again.

1 Thank fredsosky
Winsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 July 2014

My husband and I recently had Crabwall Manor as our reception venue for our wedding. The service was brilliant aswell as the decor being fresh and clean due to the recent renovations. We had the bridal suite as our bedroom which was spacious with all the nice little touches. The wedding coordinators emma and matty do a superb service and you certainly feel like they care about your day. Even the day after emma was on hand in the morning to help sort things out. My only criticism is several of our family and friends stayed over as well and had trouble with hot water in morning for showers. This however didn't effect our room. The food was of a high standard including presentation and they were able to accommodate special diets. The puddings were a slight let down as they weren't quite as nice as on our taster evening. Our family used the spa facilities and the kids especially enjoyed using the pool. The main wedding room gives the feeling of outdoors without the weather risk due to its numerous windows. While smaller separate rooms in the function wing are great for guests to chill out in. The grounds make for excellent wedding photographs and i would definitely recommend this as a wedding venue.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ehutch88
Skelmersdale, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 July 2014

My daughter and I took a spa break at the hotel for a pamper break after a very stressful few months. We enjoyed it from start to finish and would recommend the package for those wishing to chill. Our room was huge and really comfortable, Staff were lovely and there was a great choice at breakfast. We arrived at 11.30am and our room was ready for us then even though check out time is a generous 11.00am. Fabulous!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Although I got a very cheap deal for my night here , I still expected to to be treated the same as if it had been full price. Sadly the room was not to the standards I would have expected for the normal asking price.
Cobwebs, dirty bathroom sink, faulty toilet cistern and the icing on the cake? The duvet cover coming away at the seams ( very long holes) on both sides of the bed. I can't believe they keep the tatty bedding for those who get a deal, so I would have been more disappointed had I paid the full amount!
As I had to leave quite early in the morning to get ready for my daughter's wedding, I didn't have the time or inclination to take it up with the management.... I didn't want to start a beautiful day with a bad mood.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Louis M, General Manager at Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear Gill D;
Many thanks for taking the time to contact the hotel directly and apologizing for leaving this review as you made a mistake on the location itself.
My understanding was that this review was addressed to a local Caravan Site.
Hopefully trip Advisor will remove your review fairly soon.
When next in Chester please do not hesitate to contact me directly and will do my best to accommodate you in our 4 stars hotel.
Looking forward your first visit.
manchester
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Absolutely love going here its our 4th stay now, a perfect getaway hotel with beautiful grounds,we used the pool ,sauna & jacuzzi, all perfect, although treatments were booked up.Rooms are spacious with a huge queen size bed, hairdryer ,iron and tea tray provided, we had lovely sandwiches in the bar area but you can also have room service.Wifi was a bit hit and miss but we heard it was being modified so it should be up and running by our next visit. A taxi into town is £5-£6

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Missboovier;
Many thanks for this review.
As a return guest and I pleased to see that your stays are as you expect.
Our WIFI issue is now resolved and hopefully by visit number 5 you should be able to enjoy this free service.
derbyshire
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Wonderful hotel. We stopped here for a trip to the zoo with our little one.(literally 10mims away)
The staff couldn't do enough - nothing was too much trouble.
Rooms are spacious and comfortable.
Spa and pool are facilities are great and hardly anyone else in.
Breakfasts are varied, hot and tasty and the restaurant staff are friendly and accommodating.
Reception staff are so nice, chatty and knowledgable, really want to make you enjoy your stay.
Only downside - would have liked to stop another night! We will be back again in the near future - thanks guys :-)

• Stayed June 2014
Dear LucyinDerbyshire;

Many thanks for this fantastic review.
I am so please that you enjoy the hotel.
On behalf of the hotel and it staff many thanks
Looking forward welcoming you back very soon.
Kind regards
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mollington
Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa
#10 of 44 in Chester
The Chester Grosvenor
The Chester Grosvenor
#4 of 44 in Chester

Been to Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!