“Best Wedding ever!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mollington
Cheshire
“Best Wedding ever!”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Fantastic hotel, great staff. Very organised, food amazing. Great offers on drinks, spirit with mixer just £3, (not branded, but still great)

Superb location, great for a romantic weekend!

Shop around for deals, lots of variation in prices.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank JSCheshirelife

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
Rhosneigr, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Easy to find lovely setting, friendly staff, room was a good size and clean, huge bathroom which looked new so a shame that the grout in the shower is going yellow already ( bleach and toothbrush gets this off), the spa was good enough, fantastic massage, evening meals were of an acceptable standard, breakfast wasnt great, lots to choose from but full cooked was...hard bacon which snapped rather than sliced, overdone eggs, awful quarter of fried bread, slimy black mushrooms, the sausage however was good. I would stay here again as overall its was a decent place.

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We arrived on Tuesday 22nd to be greeted by smiling faces and a debrief of our spa day. 2 of our group went off to start their treatments, whilst the rest went to the pool area. Very clean spa, large lockers, quiet and helpful members of staff. Not overcrowded, so access to facilities was good.
Children in the pool was my only disappointment, being a spa, and spending money on a spa day - to relax, having children in the pool splashing around and jumping in, not brilliant.
Treatments were fantastic, felt so relaxed. Lunch very nice, with a choice which was good.
Lounge area, very relaxing
Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Renfrew, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I just want to start out by saying that I am speechless at the number of bad reviews on here! My mother and I travelled down to Chester from Scotland, we decided to stay in Crabwall Manor as my great aunt is in the care home next door and visiting her was the main purpose of our visit.

The staff could not have been friendlier or more helpful, I really wish I could give more than 5 stars for the service. The man in reception (really annoyed I can't remember his name but he was always there) went over and above for us when I brought my 92 year great-aunt round for afternoon tea - he provided me with a cushion so that she could sit more comfortably outside and also gave me extra body lotion when I stupidly got sun burn!

We had dinner in the restaurant the first night and the quality of the food was outstanding! The serving staff were very helpful and attentive without being overbearing. We had breakfast each morning and found the selection of cold food on offer more than adequate along with the cooked breakfast being fantastic. We spent each night at the bar and although the drinks were more expensive than I am used too I found the quantity and quality met this, especially the cocktails.

The spa was a great bonus for relaxing after difficult visits with my aunt. An hour in the jacuzzi and pool made all my stress melt away.

The room we had was amazing - huge room with big bathroom and a great shower.

Only complaint I have is that I had to come home!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Miriam_J_Collings
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Lovely hotel. Had a problem with the room we booked on arrival, but was dealt with swiftly and professionally by the staff on the front desk. They upgraded us to a suite for the inconvenience. Absolutely gorgeous. Food in the restaurant was fabulous, great service. Pool and facilities great. Well worth a stay.

Room Tip: If you want to splash out and treat yourself, book one of the suites.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SkyAnn38
Cheshire England
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

We have just returned from a trip to this hotel and this review is not confused with a caravan site next door ... There isn't a caravan site next door! ...however the hotel could be confused with the old folks home next door as there are noticeable similarities!

The hotel is definitely 3 star ,being kind to it! ...

The staff are friendly and helpful though, and our room had been refurbished.

As long as you stay at this hotel without high expectations and you have received a good rate , you will be fine, if however you like staying in top quality hotels ....you will be sadly very disappointed as this isn't one of them .

No robes in rooms
Very tatty old towels in the bathroom and spa
No soap in the room
No holder for any shower toiletries in the shower.
Extremely sllipy dangerous shower tray
Smell of urine throughout the hotel and in lit bathroom.
Scruffy and tired spa and pool ...in much need of a refurb
The Tap on our basin in the bathroom of our bedroom kept coming off in our hand
lumpy squeaky poor quality tiny bed in a large room ...with missing post
Tatty old bedding that had rips in it like a previous review mentioned.
Poor quality lumpy duvet and pillows that didn't smell fresh
Carpets dirty and stained even where the carpets look fairly new.
Internet virtually nonexistent and hardly any mobile coverage.
Uninviting lounge and bar area.

In summary we booked this last minute and should have done a little more research. We paid £160 ,room only for one night last minute,so it wasn't cheap....

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Booked at the last moment through Late Rooms we found this hotel at a great rate. We spent 2 nights here, taking time to explore Chester and make use of the facilities in the Spa. We can't comment on food as booked the no breakfast option and ate out each night.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mollington
Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa
#10 of 44 in Chester
The Chester Grosvenor
The Chester Grosvenor
#4 of 44 in Chester

Been to Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!