Called with family for Sunday lunch (six covers).
Apart from being totally overpriced @ £24.99 the service was the worst I've experienced in a long time.
After waiting for 25 minutes I went to the bar in the absence of any staff to purchase a drink. There was no service behind the bar although eventually somebody came over and served me.
After mentioning the length of our wait the lady promised to send over the manager. Needless to say he did not materalise and I had to find another member of staff.
Eventually our order was taken with a offer to send over the bread.
This did not arrive for ten minutes with our drinks taking even longer (empty glases not taken away!).
The starters finally arrived which were fine and then another ten minute break before the table was cleared and another for the mains to arrive.
The staff did not return hence we were unable to obtain any sauces/condiments.
My wife began coughing although no staff around for water. I walked around the whole restaurant and nobody in sight. Staff then came from the kitchen and promised to send the manager across.
The manager promptly denied we had been ignored and blamed a lack of staff today. He did however offer a drink or free coffee. After committing to provide water and personally look after us for the remainder of the meal no water arrived without a further prompt.
Deserts were served and we were left again so we promptly departed without coffee.
It was very apparent that a number of tables were unhappy as the table next to us complained and said on their way out that the service was very poor.
Overall the food was adequate although certainly not worth £24.99.
I eat out a number of times a week and this is beyond doubt the worst service I have experienced for a long time.
We passed no staff on our way out and the receptionist (main face of any hotel) completely ignored us as we walked past.
It was Sunday lunch and we were not in a hurry although the service spoiled what was designed to be a leisurely afternoon.
I cannot comment on the hotel itself although I notice that many have left less than favourable comments.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 4-star country-house hotel is in beautiful grounds, a short drive from Chester city centre. For leisure, it has an indoor swimming pool, a sauna, gym, jacuzzi, squash courts and spa. The beauty spa offers a range of relaxing treatments, including mud wraps and massages. Brook Mollington Banastre also has free car parking. Hotel Rooms: 63. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Lastminute, Hotelopia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, SpeedyBooker.com and Priceline so you can book your Brook Mollington Banastre Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brook Mollington Banastre Hotel Mollington
- Brook Mollington Banastre Hotel And Spa
- Best Western Chester
- Chester Best Western
- Brook Mollington Banastre Hotel & Spa Cheshire