“Do Not Eat At This Hotel!”

Brook Mollington Banastre Hotel & Spa
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Mollington
Chester, England, United Kingdom
“Do Not Eat At This Hotel!”
Reviewed 11 March 2012

Me and my boyfriend went to this hotel today for a 3 course meal and it was the worst food I have had in a 4 star hotel! To start the cutlery was dirty, the food bland and cold. When asked the waitress what one of the starters was on the menu, she didn't know? I had a roast dinner and the meat was pink and bloody, I didn't even get asked how I liked my meat!?? The restaurant decor was shabby and just smelt unclean. Will not be going back and would advise anyone if staying here not to eat the food!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Natalie K
GGouri, General Manager at Brook Mollington Banastre Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 12 March 2012
Dear Natalie K,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at the hotel. May I take this oppurtunity to apologise that on this occasion the hotel did not meet with your expectation.
I have investigated the matter and would like to invite you back to the hotel as my personal guest so that we may have the oppurtunity to change your perception of the hotel. Please do give me a call when you would like to make your booking.

Kind regards

G Gourishankar

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (318)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 March 2012

I stayed at the Mollington recently with my boyfriend. The staff were friendly and helpful and our room was clean with everything we needed in it. We made use of the facilities, especially the pool, we had a very relaxing stay, thank you!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
GGouri, General Manager at Brook Mollington Banastre Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
Dear jay y,

Thank you for comments regarding your experience at the hotel.
Your comments have been passed onto the team and are greatly appreciated.

bangor
Reviewed 5 March 2012

We visited here for my Birthday, I thought the room was nice and clean, and staff helpful (even though the bartender gave us the wrong result for the England v Wales rugby game!) We had the three course dinner in with the package which was ok, if slightly over described on the menu. Overall, a good stay :)

Room Tip: ask for a room at the back overlooking the garden
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 March 2012

I took my wife away for a surprise anniversary night at this hotel we found all the members of staff very friendly and heplfull all going the extra mile to make our stay special. The room we stayed in was very clean and spacious with a welcoming feel to it.We dinned in the hotel restaurant the food was to an excellent standard and well presented and the service was great.The next day after a good nights sleep we then had a lovely breakfast i then suprised her with a spar day with her sister that they both enjoyed very much .

1 Thank adam g
GGouri, General Manager at Brook Mollington Banastre Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 10 March 2012
Dear Adam G

Thank you for your positive comments, these comments will be passed on to all members of staff.

kind regards

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 February 2012

I think this hotel has had a bit of a hard time in some of these reviews although I agree 4 star is pushing it but then we didn't pay 4 star prices. I wouldn't pick it you're after something special. and DON'T EAT THERE. We went as a group of girls for my birthday and we're not that fussy so had a great time regardless. We didn't actually read the reviews until after we'd booked and by then it was too late to change but I'm happy we didn't anyway. Rooms were fine. Nothing special but no major complaints. Spa facilities were OK, bit tired. No-one free to do any treatments for us but then we didn't book them ahead so what do you expect. Staff were very friendly and we particularly enjoyed the brutal honesty of the advice we got on complaining about an 'open goat cheese sandwich with slow roasted tomoato' (translated as one soggy slice of shop bought bread, one almost translucent slice of goats cheese and a soggy tomato for around £8) which was that certain things on the menu 'shout out' more than others and we should have ordered something different as you 'can have a sandwich at home'. Oh and don't order anything that needs vinegar. Needless to say we promptly cancelled dinner and nipped into chester (fiver in a taxi) for a slap up meal which was delicious. Breakfast was fine.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
GGouri, General Manager at Brook Mollington Banastre Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 1 March 2012
Dear finebyus,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at the hotel. Your positive comments about your stay have been passed onto the teams concerned and are greatly appreciated.
I have brought to the attention of the chef the content and presentation of the goats cheese sandwich, which will be completely revamped alongwith other items on our menu.
The spa treatments on a Saturday as you can imagine do get booked up well in advance and I apologise that there were no therapists free.
I do hope to welcome you back at a later date so you could experience our spa treatments.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 February 2012

We stayed here for one night on Saturday and it was quite possible the worst hotel I have encountered in the North West. It calls itself a 4 star !!!!

The service was poor, the food applaing and the rooms shabby. We used the Leisure Facilities on the Sunday. The steam room was out of order the sauna could fit 4 peope at a push. Only one of the showers outside these faiciities were working.

I make a point of letting people know problems as they arise but the Hotel was short staffed all of the time. There was one guy working behind on Saturday afternoon who was also doubling as a waiter. He was not the friendlieset but not rude either.

We pointed out ther was something floating in a bottle of vingegar and we were met with indifference, We had a lunch and it was cold whern it arrived and very poor.The breakfast again had items that were undercooked and we had a long to be served coffee.

Will not be staying again needs an overhaul.

Room Tip: don't stay
Dear shaun k,

Thank you for taking the time to comment about the hotel.
The steam room is currently awaiting parts and there is a sign at the entrance to the leisure club clearly stating this. The shower in question upon checking was found to be working and was just the sensor that seemed to be erratic at the time. This has been logged for maintenance and there seems to be no apparent fault. Both the ladies and the gents have their own saunas in addition to the communal one and I apologise that this was not brought to your attention.
The comments about breakfast and lunch have been brouight to the attention of the chef and he has instigated procedures to ensure that these matters are addressed.
Comments both positive and negative are taken seriously and go a long way in improving the service we provide our customer customer.

G Gourishankar

Travellers are raving about these Mollington hotels

manchester
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 1 night room was very nice but the food was a big let down out of 11 girls only 2 ate there meal i would not recommend this hotel a big dissapointment.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Dear madi4203,
Thank you for your comments regarding your experience at the hotel. Having discussed the evening with the team in the restaurant I am glad that the meal was enjoyed and everyone was in celebratory mood some more than others during the evening meal.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel at a future date.

G Gourishankar
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mollington
Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa
Crowne Plaza Chester
Crowne Plaza Chester
#10 of 44 in Chester
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,595 reviews

Been to Brook Mollington Banastre Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!