I recently had my hen do in Chester and decided to stay here because of it's spa facilities. The spa treatment area was lovely with very friendly staff but the leisure centre facilities were old and worn. The pool had hairs floating in it and the jacuzzi was out of action. We then had a buffet lunch, the food was poor and a disappointment, which did not make us look forward to our evening meal!!!
Our room was ok, clean and tidy. We went downstairs for our evening meal and it went from bad to worse. To start some of us had ordered terrine which was terrible, my friend described it as 'spam with branston pickle!' the lettuce with it was limp. Then the main course, I had lamb shank which was a weird kind of grey colour! Some of my friends had ordered mushroom risotto but when it came it was literally rice with some mushrooms in it! It wasn't even risotto rice!!Next was pudding! I ordered crème brulee, what I got was most definitely a pot of melted ice cream. There was no hard, caramel top to it just a sloppy mess. Luckily we were participating in a murder mystery (not organised by the hotel) which was brilliant so our mind was off the food.
Next morning breakfast came and we thought we actually were in a murder mystery.. We were quite happily having breakfast when two of the hotel staff dragged a young man kicking and screaming right through the restaurant! They shoved him into an office in full view of all the guests and had him on the floor screaming. The hotel is very big so I'm guessing they could have quite easily taken him somewhere else but no they dragged him through the breakfast room!! He was screaming for a bit longer and then the police arrived. about 15 min later the young man was let go and walked out as if nothing had happened! We were stood by the reception and the manager very casually said 'Did you enjoy your breakfast entertainment ladies???!!!' He then proceeded to tell us it was a stolen credit card that the young man and his friend had tried to use, I thought with the force they were using it must have been an axe wheedling murderer!!!
In conclusion... the hotel is in need of some serious TLC and maybe Gordon Ramsay needs to do some 'Kitchen Nightmares' there. No where near a 4 star!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 4-star country-house hotel is in beautiful grounds, a short drive from Chester city centre. For leisure, it has an indoor swimming pool, a sauna, gym, jacuzzi, squash courts and spa. The beauty spa offers a range of relaxing treatments, including mud wraps and massages. Brook Mollington Banastre also has free car parking. Hotel Rooms: 63. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Lastminute, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Brook Mollington Banastre Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brook Mollington Banastre Hotel And Spa
- Brook Mollington Banastre Hotel Mollington
- Best Western Chester
- Chester Best Western
- Brook Mollington Banastre Hotel & Spa Cheshire