“Ignore the bad reviews go and check it out for yourself”

Brook Mollington Banastre Hotel & Spa
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Mollington
Reviewed 11 March 2013

It has been 18 years since I last visited this Hotel and i had read the poor reviews but that did not stop me from booking this hotel, and i am glad that I did , I was there with my son and daughter in law and my best friend and husband and of course my own husband to celebrate my brothers 60th birthday,
The hotel is a little worn in places but the room and facilities where excellent, staff at the front desk during the evening where excellent, i did have a problem with one of the receptionists during the day who could not understand why we wanted two keys to our room but apart from that i will be back in the summer.
I would strongly recommend that you check this one out for yourself if you are looking for a nice quiet hotel with spa facilities this is the one for you, if you do have any problems the manager is always at hand to help
looking forward to returning.

Room Tip: 1st floor was great with view of the gardens
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank chavine
GGouri, General Manager at Brook Mollington Banastre Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2013

Dear chavine,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience at the Mollington Banastre Hotel which is much appreciated.

I am glad that your 60th birthday was a sucess and everyone had a good time. I do very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future.

There are newer reviews for Brook Mollington Banastre Hotel & Spa

Reviewed 8 March 2013

I have never had a more dissapointing stay with Spa & Hotel break. From start to finish this 1 NIGHT was a disaster. I will just list the problems as there isnt enough room to explain them all:
Rooms are awful, broken heating in room and pool area, no record of spa booking, tables stacked in corridors, food orders wrong twice to be told i was fussy, tables dirty, over an hour & half wait for breakfast, noisey room banging door from 5.30am, told to move from our dinning table at 9.45pm as they needed to set for morning, receptionist not interested, drunk man lay in the dinning area asleep, management rang to ask us back as our stay was so awful....still waiting 3 months later. I will not be returning to this disgusting filthy appauling "Hotel"!!! I was embarassed Id taken my family!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Helen J
Reviewed 7 March 2013

We were gvien this break as a late christmas present, but after reading recent reviews we were a little concened about what was being said about the hotel but when we got there we had a lovely time. We were greeted by very friendly staff at reception who explained everything in detail, so we found the room and it was spotless a liitle tired maybe but perfectly ok. So off we went to look around and all the staff go out of their way to ask if you are alright and if you require anything there seemed to be a very small amount of staff but they work extremely hard and nothing was too much trouble as soon as you asked it was sorted. Well done to the staff you are doing as great job. We used the spa facilities and yes the changing rooms are cold but you are in 30 degrees in the jacuzzi and pool so its no wonder, and yes the pool area is clean don't listen to the whingers (some people are hard to please i know i work with the public). The food was second to none we ate in the restaurant and the lounge so experienced both (no problems) . The hotel was a little tired looking the owners could do with throwing some cash at it cos the staff and manager work darn hard to make you stay a good one so well done to all the staff keep up the good work and yes we would go there again so don't listen to the bad reviews just look at the good ones cos they are right :) :) Just hope you don't get a room with the noisy idiots next door like we had WHY DO PEOPLE HAVE TO SLAM DOORS AND HAVE THE TV FULL BLAST IS IT A BRIT THING ????? Yes room 57 !!

Room Tip: We were on the ground floor which was perfect seconds from everything
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paula D
GGouri, General Manager at Brook Mollington Banastre Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2013

Dear Paula D,

Thank you for your recent review and your kind words especially about our helpful and friendly staff.

I appreciate your comments regarding some areas starting to look tired.

You will be pleased to hear that we have just recently started painting work in the bedrooms and corridors which would take into the areas that you may have noticed look tired.

I look forward to your next visit during where you will notice the difference.

Reviewed 5 March 2013

I had a two day stay here, the staff from the Manager down are beyond reproach and the food was well above that I expected. The downside of my stay was the lack of investment made by the owners!!! Whilst my room was adequate there is a general air of unkemptness and disrepair about most of the areas of the hotel. It should be said however the bar and the dinning room are presentable. Without the staffs excellent service I would have market this place as good to poor. Owners please invest in the place and make your Manager and his staff proud!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank WookiePlymouth

Dear WookiePlymouth,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to write in and review your stay at Brook Mollington Banastre Hotel and Spa.

We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the food in the restaurant,
particularly thank you for your kind comments on the staff and service.

I do look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Reviewed 3 March 2013

A group of four of us recently stayed at this charming hotel. We were greeted with a warm smile by Anna on reception and this excellent, efficient and friendly service was replicated by all of those members of staff we met.

My wife and I fancied a bit of a change from the same old double room we normally tend to book and opted for the four-poster bedroom. Let's just say we were not disappointed...! This generously-proportioned room was superb in every way; a really comfortable bed (and trust me I'm fussy!); a nice chaise longue to relax on whilst reading; a nice TV and to cap it all a beautifully-appointed bathroom with a sizeable bath and a well-powered shower.

To be honest, we didn't want to leave the room, even to dine! Fortunatley though we're glad we did - having read the menu we decided to sample the mouth-watering dishes on offer. It's one thing to have a great-looking menu though and an entirely different matter in delivering the taste. (I'm sure you know the feeling - you're absolutely famished and then you're served a dish that you wouldn't even offer to a United fan...) Well fear not at this hotel - I can safely say that this chef did not disappoint. The halloumi was a pleasant change for my wife, who is a vegetarian and often has to choose between cheese and tomato pizza, omelette, veggie lasagne or just a plate of chips(!) and the duck was cooked to perfection. All served by polite, attentive staff who really gave a new meaning to the phrase 'service with a smile'.

We then retired to the bar for an after-dinner drink (or two!) and met the rap-artist Devlin and his entourage (or should that be 'crew'...?! And no, before you tut-tut for invading their privacy, we didn't approach them, we just got chatting!) The notion of rappers being embittered, foul-mouthed youths who can't identify with those of us of a certain age is nonsense - we all chilled and they was all cool, yeah...?!

The next morning, we all had a hearty breakfast - again no complaints here - and bade our farewells to the staff. We were informed that we could use the facilities after checking out but alas had other plans, though we'll certainly do that next time we stay.

Funny, we came out of the hotel feeling as though we'd stayed with friends. I travel a lot in my job and can assure you that's never happened before! And really, that's the best way I can describe our experience - if you want to stay somewhere you can relax in style and know you will be well looked after, then this is certainly the right place for you.

GSJ, Wolverhampton

Room Tip: If you want to spoil the one you love, go for the four-poster - it may cost a little more but hey, i...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank StChrist0phersHelper

Dear StChrist0phersHelper,

My staff team and I were all so pleased and proud to read your very kind comments on the services you received at the Mollington Banastre Hotel, and may I say that it was a pleasure for all of us to be of service.

We are most particularly pleased at your decision to return here to us so that you could try out our spa facility. We look forward to making you welcome again and asure you of yet another memorable stay.

Kind regards

Reviewed 3 March 2013

we stayed at this hotel for one night and we enjoyed it from the minute we arrived to the minute we left. compliments to the staff for being friendly, especially in the breakfast and restaurant area.

The room was lovely overlooking the gardens and very spacious with a big bed, with a nice bright and clean bathroom including a bath.

The swimming pool and the gym was just a bonus and it meant we didn't have to leave the site.
lockers were supplied on demand with towels at the gym desk.

recommended for a relaxing stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dale O

Dear Dale O,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Mollington Banastre. You will have noted that though we are in a country setting, the hotel provides very quick easy access to Chester Zoo, the Roman city of Chester and Cheshire Oaks, as well as easy access to both Liverpool and Manchester airport, it really is an ideal location.

I am pleased that you really enjoyed your breakfasts here overlooking the gardens.

Perhaps on your next visit to the hotel you would indulge in some spa treatments, and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 3 March 2013

Have stayed here a couple of times over the last 6 months and have found staff to be very pleasant and helpful, food above average although expensive unless on a b&b and dinner deal which is good value for money. The hotel is very convenient for Chester or a stop off on the way to North Wales. Decor is a bit dated but clean and attractive enough. Ask for a back room as those facing the main road are noisy. Spa nice.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank starlightlily

Dear starlightlily,

I am so pleased that you enjoyed you stay thanks to the services from the team here at Mollington Banastre, and it is gratifying that you have shown your appreciation for their efforts by mentioning them in your review.

Thank you so much for taking the time and trouble to write this review.

G Gourishankar

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mollington
Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa
Doubletree by Hilton Chester
Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa
Crowne Plaza Chester
Crowne Plaza Chester
#10 of 44 in Chester
Mercure Chester Abbots Well Hotel
Hallmark Hotel The Queen, Chester

Been to Brook Mollington Banastre Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!