“What a surprise” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Brook Mollington Banastre Hotel & Spa

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Brook Mollington Banastre Hotel & Spa
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Mollington
“What a surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

I booked this hotel as a Christmas present for myself, husband, sister and brother in law. After booking I read the reviews on this site and was totally aghast at the negative reviews and wondered what on earth I had let ourselves in for - in fact at one stage I was even contem plating cancelling but I was glad that I did not. We arrived on the 2nd January and yes it is not the prettiest frontage but so what. Checking in was no problem, the receptionist very firendly and helpful. The rooms were spacious and clean and we did have heating and hot showers, bed was comfortable - so really could not see why there were negative reviews. Yes there are certain areas that need a bit of attention and updating but everything takes time. The lounge area is a lovely comfortable area and the fire was lit. We had a snack there the one night and the following night were ate in the restaurant and both meals were excellent.

All the staff we dealt with were very helpful and polite, yes there are one or two niggles but at the end of the day they were only minor and certainly did not ruin our 3 night stay there.

I was really glad I went with my instinct and did not cancel this break, we all enjoyed outselves very much and would all go back there again without any hesitation and would certainly recommend it.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank chrisseyg

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
Leatherhead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

It was a celebratory lunch for my mother in law's 90th birthday for 28 guests including 7 great grandchildren .!all the booking was carried out so efficiently and on the day everything was just as we wanted it. We had a private room, one big oval table , room for everyone ....high chairs provided....
The food was delicious, the service was superb, we were looked after so well, nothing seemed too much trouble for the chap who was looking after us.
As you can tell we had a great time and would recommend this hotel to anyone for a similar event.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dundee, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

Staff are very polite and hardworking couldn't thank them enough. I got married at the hotel two years ago my
Husband and myself decided to come back for a weekend away and the service was first class again. The room was spotless good size flatscreen t.v on wall with a excellent cooked breakfast in the morning.Would highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Rosieo000
Taunton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

My partner and I have just spent a 3 day Xmas package here. The hotel is very 'tired' and our room was disappointing. The photos on their site were cleverly taken as we were expecting a room twice the size as the one we got.
After the first evening and a word with the manager the restaurant service improved although as a 60 yr old lady I do not want to be addressed as a 'guy' by the waiter (as in 'have you guys finished now'). The staff on reception could not have been more polite and welcoming and the food was excellent.
The public areas were very comfortable but I feel they needed a bit more festive decoration.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Anne J
Moreton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

My daughter and I had a lovely afternoon tea in pleasant surroundings overlooking the grounds. Good selection of sandwiches and cakes, all very yummy. Excellent service and attention to detail. Would definately go again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Bolton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

My husband and I booked the New Years Eve package for Gala dinner and overnight stay. We nearly cancelled this due to the negative reviews on this site. However as we had already paid upfront we thought we would go and see for ourselves. We are very glad that we did. We had a very enjoyable evening. The food was lovely, the service was great and they had provided everything we could want for the new year celebrations. Crackers, good quality hats, party poppers, blowers, balloons etc.

Our room was warm and comfortable and we would definately stay there again or recommend others to do so. The staff are very friendly and hardworking.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

We have just had a family 'get together' here between Christmas and the New Year. There were 18 of us meeting together for dinner and the majority were staying in the hotel itself. The staff were very accommodating and arranged the seating so that we could all sit together. There was a good festive atmosphere with lots of Christmas trees and decorations.

The food was good and the service was also good. If I had to make a criticism it would be that the serving staff were a bit too keen to take empty glasses/plates away. You almost felt as though they were waiting for you to put your knife and fork down.

I was not one of those staying in the hotel so I am unable to comment further.

That aside, it was a very pleasant experience and we would certainly go there again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mollington
Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa
Crowne Plaza Chester
Crowne Plaza Chester
#11 of 45 in Chester
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,557 reviews

Been to Brook Mollington Banastre Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!