“EXCELLENT”

Brook Mollington Banastre Hotel & Spa
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Mollington
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We stayed in the 'Brook Mollington Banastre' for our 2 year anniversary, there was a small mix up when booking over the phone but the hotel well and truly made up for on our arrival announcing they had upgraded our room free of charge and had left a small surprise in our room (anniversary cake) which was delicious, staff were friendly from the second we entered to the second we left, our age range is 28-32 and we would well recommend it for ppl of all ages...

PS - GREAT BAR!!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Matt D

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Amazing spa day at Mollington Brook, massage, facial and manicure for half price.
The facilities at the hotel need an overall, showers are like a trickle and steam room is showing signs of wear and tear!
Do not let this put you off the spa day because the girls called Sam and Jenny are amazing, they are welcoming and attentative and an asset to the hotel. If you don't want to stay at the hotel, have a spa day 1st class!!!! Not to mention Dave who works so hard in the bar, reception and cafe area, well done

• Stayed: April 2014
Fintan G, General Manager at Brook Mollington Banastre Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2014

Dear Jackie

Thank you for your recent kind review and I shall make sure that you comments are passed on to Sam, Jenny and Dave.

I shall also speak to my maintenance team regarding the issues you have raised with the showers and steam room.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

The checkin today was quick and easy and the welcome was friendly, we booked via last minute as a secret hotel and I was shocked when I read the reviews on here. Luckily it's all made up as far as I can see, the rooms are comfortable and clean, the do need a little attention as some of the decor is dated but they are clean. The food in the restaurant is to a very good standard with plenty to eat, we couldn't manage a dessert. The view from our window is wonderful and the windows are huge but protected by black out curtains. The swimming pool is also clean and the gym well equipped, they do need to give some attention to the jacuzzi as I'd agree there's quite a bit of sand in the bottom. But that said a great stay overall. Don't let the previous reviews put you off. I've stopped in better and I've stopped in allot worst but this deserves my 4 rating

Room Tip: Room 30 is good!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dntaker

Dear Dntaker

Thank you for your recent kind review and we are all delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and I shall most definitely pass your comments onto Francoise our head chef.

You will be pleased to know that we have had the issue with sand in the Jacuzzi rectified.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Six of us went here for a mothers day spa treat and were extremely disapointed. The steam room was awful - only room in it for 2 , paint coming off the wall and bench lose , tiles chipped and dirty. Sauna had cob webs. Jucuzzi had tiles missing in it which was very uncomfortable. Facilities generally tired and in need of updating. No drinking water available. No spa only facilities we had to lunch in the main bar in our robes with the football on - no loungers by the pool and limited relaxation areas !! The worst spa I have ever been too .

1  Thank Jashy77

Dear Jashy

Thank you for your recent review and I am sorry to hear that it was not as expected.

I am aware that some areas are looking tired and action is being taken to rectify this. We have recently invest £40,000 in the gym, whilst we do have some loungers by the pool we have also just ordered some more and we also have a relaxation room by the therapy rooms as well.

Regarding the fact that you said no drinking water is available I don't understand as we have a water machine in the leisure area and also have jugs of iced water on the bar in the leisure area also.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

stayed here recently as a group of 10 in a hen night party. We had booked a table for lunch at 12 which was ready for us on arrival. The manager Mr Gavin was incredibly helpful from the start and throughout our stay, he was attentive and kind and also ready to take a bit of a joke (being in a hen party of 10 women, having someone like this was great!) Unfortunately the same cant be said for the other waiter that day who was rather miserable and not amused by a hen party at all. I would go as far as to say he was quite rude and abrupt, however we made a joke of the situation and would not let this ruin our lunch (although we were afraid to ask for ANYTHING) the ypung girl helping was lovely too.
Lunch was good when it eventually arrived over an hour after ordering. This didnt really bother us but had I not been on a hen night and having a good time I imagine I would have probably been quite angry.
The spa is ok, not the best I have seen. It was very disorganised and badly run, a little communication would go a long way. If your looking for a good spa break there are much better in Chester , if you want a swim and a sauna/jacuzzi at a cheap price then this is fine.Wouldnt really call it a "spa" but for the price of the package with superbreak which includes breakfast and afternoon tea its great.
The rooms are dated and in need of some tlc but again this comes down to price. I think 3* is a more honest rating for this hotel.
Breakfast was good , and served in a buffet style and had all the usual things youd expect.
Overall a good hotel and close to Chester. Afternoon Tea is fantastic, and the manager is friendly and enthusiastic, some of the staff could benefit from a little customer care training.
Dont go expecting champagne when youve paid for lager and youll be fine!!

Room Tip: ask for a room overlooking gardens
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank nthen2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent review and I am glad to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay with us.

I am sorry to hear that you did not find all the staff as friendly as most as normally this is one area I get very favourably comments on and I will be speaking to the team to ensure this is not an issue going forward.

All our food is prepared fresh in our kitchen and I do not recall it taking an hour for your food I do apologise if there was any delay in your food coming out.

With regards to the rooms being dated we do have an ongoing program of paining, carpet replacement etc to action this.

Thank you again for kind comments regarding the afternoon tea and I would ask that if you are visiting the area again that you call me directly.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

We arrived at the hotel and questioned whether it was the right place! The photos looked great but were taken from the back of the building. There were linen trolleys in the car park and linen on the floor beside them.
The bedrooms very comfortable, the bathroom was very dated and smelt overwhelmingly damp/musky.
The furniture in the bar was old and the cushions were stained! There was a mouse/rat trap in full view! Placed on the floor next to the window.
We paid £105 for a 'Spa day' The pool looked dirty and was overrun with children, minimal seating and not at all a relaxing environment. The massage and facial were pleasant but not worth the money.
Breakfast was very overpriced at more than £12 per person and it was average.
Definitely not a 4 star hotel, extremely disappointed.

1  Thank Mrsbell2312

Dear Mrs Bell

Thank you for your recent review and my apologies that you were disappointed.

We do have an ongoing maintenance/refurbishment program and have recently had a number of carpets replaced, rooms painted and also all the cushions in the bar/lounge area are all new however I will check to ensure if any have been stained that these are removed and cleaned.

We are a popular hotel with both business and leisure clients and during your visit which was half term there were a number of families staying with us.

We also have a pest control company as is required and we do have bait boxes around the building which is essential to ensure the hotel remains pest free.

I would ask that the next time you are planning on visiting the area that you call me directly so I can ensure you are looked after.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

My husband and I booked this hotel as a last minute deal for us and our daughter in March 2014.
The reception staff were really welcoming, the room was huge, clean and quiet with comfy beds and there was a very relaxing feel to the hotel. The gardens were really lovely and the spa looked great (though we didn't use this). The breakfast was varied and of high quality and again the staff were attentive and helpful. We were even given free glasses of milk for our daughter each night before bed! Would definitely stay there again. The hotel is very well placed for travelling to Chester, North Wales, Liverpool and the Wirral.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mollington
Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa
Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa
Doubletree by Hilton Chester
Crowne Plaza Chester
Crowne Plaza Chester
#10 of 45 in Chester
Hallmark Hotel The Queen, Chester
Mercure Chester Abbots Well Hotel

Been to Brook Mollington Banastre Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!