“Beautiful Place, Loved It”

Brook Mollington Banastre Hotel & Spa
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Mollington
“Beautiful Place, Loved It”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We stayed for my cousins Wedding, reception was lovely, rooms beautiful and friendly staff, and breakfast was gorgeous. Spent the day after using the facilities in the sunshine, was just lovely.
Best weekend ever, the lawns and gardens were beautiful for taking photos.

• Stayed May 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (324)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We attended a family wedding at the Mollington Banastre last weekend. I can honestly say that our 2 night stay from start to finish was wonderful.
We had been travelling for 5 hours with our two children and we arrived a little earlier than expected but we were told our room was ready and we were able to check in.
Our room was excellent, a main bedroom with a separate smaller room for the kids which had bunk beds {lots of excited screams when they seen their beds} The room was very spacious, bright and clean with plenty of fresh towels, nice toiletries and choice of tea/coffee making facilities.
We enjoyed a very relaxing afternoon in the pool which was the warmest I have been in and then had a fantastic lunch in the leisure club bar.
The weather was excellent so we were lucky enough to sit outside in the sunshine and enjoy drinks while the kids played in the beautiful gardens.
Breakfast was good on both occasions, food was fresh, hot and plentiful.
We would like to say a big thankyou to the management and staff for looking after us and making our stay one we will remember.
We will definitely stay here again on our next visit to Chester and will be recommending the Hotel to our family and friends. Well done Brook Mollington Banastre.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Ellesmere Port, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Had a family party here, with several of us booking rooms to make a weekend of it. The function room was fab, staff very accommodating, food was great. Got to see a few of the rooms in different parts of the hotel. My great-aunt was delighted with her ground floor room with disability access. Light bulb needed changing, she called reception and they sent somebody immediately. Other rooms (we had 5 in total) were really spacious, bright and clean. Breakfast on the Sunday morning was busy (I think the hotel was full that night), but the breakfast buffet was kept well stocked. Atmosphere in the restaurant was lively and friendly (especially considering it was Sunday morning), lots of family groups, couples and a stag party, I think. The staff couldn't have been more helpful. Would definitely recommend and will certainly go again.

Room Tip: We had the room above our own party. If we hadn't been at the party, this might have been noisy...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Auntie_Bernie
Wellingborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We only came to the hotel for a meal having seen this rated on Opentable. Being a four star hotel I was rather hoping for something a bit special. Well apart from the price, which was definitely at a four star rate, we were disappointed.

The restaurant ambiance was pleasant and the room spacious, but very noisy with a baby crying throughout the meal. Not many patrons and I think all others were hotel guests.

The food was nothing special and I found that there was far too much salad on the starter which rather dominated the haddock fish cake. The main course was OK but the crackling on the pork was over done. The cheese board was also disappointing. Service was also slow.

They had a reasonable wine list but my first choice was not available.

I suppose that there was nothing really wrong as such, it was just nothing special and at £ 90 for two adults and a child, not cheap.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Mervyn B
Wigan, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2014

With some worries about the previous reviews of this hotel,myself and a friend ventured to this hotel on a break to do shopping,and enjoy the spa facilities of the hotel.We had been lucky enough to get an amazing deal with Superbreaks which included 2 breakfasts,and 1 ,3 course evening meal.We were pleasantly. On check in, the hotel asked for the obligatory credit card details,incase I suppose ,anything was purchased in the hotel.The room was very nice and clean,spacious.The staff on reception were very accomodating when asked if we could move our evening meal to our last night.(the deal stated first night evening meal).Breakfast was fine,buffet style,not red hot,but ok.Now for the Spa.The staff are lovely,and so were the treatments we both had.We didnt use the facilities,but the poor reviews of this didnt seem to have put people off,as it was busy.The pool looked clean,as did changing facilities.I would certainly recommend using the spa.Evening meal was beautiful,delicious,and plentiful.Again,I would recommend.Now for checking out.I had only purchased drinks to the value of £10, and noticed that my bill for the hotel said £100. When I challenged the man on reception he said it was procedure,and now I had checked out ,it would go straight back in my account.Errr ,no,I found that on arrival home it hadnt,and when I spoke to the reception again,he said it was "my banks fault,as it was the weekend,you,ll have to waittillMonday! This lovely break has therefore been somewhat tarnished,as never have I been to a hotel were £100 is kept until you checkout,and if its a weekend - you just have to wait till Banking starts again on the Monday.Great break- BAD system!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 29 May 2014

In need of complete modernization, no lift bedrooms in bad need of facelift. Breakfast terrible everything served luke warm.
Gave advance notice that the wife is a coeliac and would require gluten free bread at least
for breakfast but the breakfast staff not in least bit interested. Reception staff very friendly.
Would not stay here again and definitely not recommend it to any of our friends.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Mollington hotels

Chipping Norton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We went to Chester for a wedding which was wonderful but the hotel was not. Although the staff tried valiently there were too many failings. Breakfast was very poor. Tea was a tea bag and hot (not boiling) water from a jug. There was no soap in the bathroom. No sweeteners available in the room or at breakfast. On the other hand, the staff were helpful and friendly and Chester is a great city.

Room Tip: Ask to be near reception
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mollington
Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa
Doubletree by Hilton Chester
Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa
Hallmark Hotel The Queen, Chester
Crowne Plaza Chester
Crowne Plaza Chester
#10 of 44 in Chester
Mercure Chester Abbots Well Hotel

Been to Brook Mollington Banastre Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!