“Afternoon Tea for Two - very good”

Brook Mollington Banastre Hotel & Spa
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Mollington
Reviewed 16 July 2014

This was given to us as a gift and I am Gluten free so rang ahead and asked could they cater for me and they Said of course. We arrived at 2pm and were sat down and offered tea or coffee. We chose tea of course. I told them I was Gluten free so they brought 2 separate slates out one gluten free and 1 normal. The sandwiches were smoked salmon with cream cheese and egg mayonnaise. Which were fine for me but my husband does not like either so he did struggle. The gluten free cakes were gorgeous and I thoroughly enjoyed them. The cakes my husband had were also lovely. Overall it was a very enjoyable experience. The only thing I would say could be better was to ask what type off sandwiches you would like and the staff need to be more readily available as we wanted more tea which we did get but it was difficult to find a member of staff for a while to ask for this. We had a lovely couple of hours there and it was most pleasant.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Talk about service without a smile. No welcome whatsoever, and stony faced service from both reception and the spa reception. The man at the desk tried to charge me a lot more money for what the room price was because he didn't bother to ask simple questions such as how many are staying in the room, and after his mistake was pointed out by another member of staff he did not apologise and was rude about explaining card payments.

The hotel is extremely tired and dated and does not feel loved. For the high price you pay for a room you expect a bit of luxury. The door to my room did not shut properly and the walls are paper thin so every noise from other rooms could be heard. Dinner was pretty pathetic. Rubbery burnt halloumi, and a 'spicy' pasta so full of chilli it wasn't actually edible! Even the ice cream to follow it was tasteless - how can you go wrong with ice cream?!

Breakfast was buffet style, where I was NOT impressed to see that if you want a cup of tea there is just a hot water jug along with very tasteless tea bags. The bacon and sausages were actually pretty good though. Check out was just as lacking in service as check in, nobody asked how my stay was or wished me a safe onward journey.

In all, an incredibly disappointing stay for the amount of money spent, and I would not go back again. There will be better 4 star hotels in the area - I don't know how long this hotel will hold onto that rating for.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Kovitch
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Sent 2 emails over a week ago and not ever an acknowledgment, would never stay there again, executive suit looked nothing like pictures advertised it looked more like a bog standard room, all light bulbs out telephone to reception disconnected, never again could of stated in the hilton in a double room for the price I paid for executive suit here!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Catherine G
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Booked this hotel for my parteners 40th getaway. Must admit I was bit nervous about it after reading some reviews, but hey-ho, let's go.
Whilst feeling the place was a little "tired", that's about as far as the negetives go.
We found it easy to find, with an entrance at either end of the corridor, to make moving luggage easier.
The room (No.40) was just the job, although we didn't use the shower due to the fascilities in the leisure complex. The staff at the Leisure Complex were friendly and helpful, but once again there were fascilities out of order. (Steam room, Shower & a Sauna)
The Breakfast was great, if just a little greasy on some items.
Would we stay again, YES!!!!!

Room Tip: Rooms furthest from Reception can be accessed by alternative door.
1  Thank little1_77
Reviewed 6 July 2014

My partner and I stayed in a double room where we had a kind size bed and a great view of the Garden. We enjoyed our stay that much we would recommend a stay here to anyone. excellent service and very helpful staff!
We also had a great time whilst taking full advantage of the pool, Jacuzzi and Sauna.
I am afraid that I cannot comment on the food as we dined elsewhere.

1  Thank sgdavies90
Reviewed 1 July 2014

from the first enquiry to the evening itself the whole experience was relaxed and enjoyable. My requirements were easily and helpfully accommodated with useful suggestions at every moment. The evening itself was a real success with wonderful attentive staff, super room and excellent food!! What more could you ask for!! Definitely worth recomending

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Hi everyone, I am sad to do this but it was so awful, I really wouldn't recommend it and don't want it to spoil others celebrations!
The pictures on the site look great, this is not a true reflection. The hotel is 2 star at most, everything is tired, carpets are thread bear, sofas have worn patches, paintwork in corridors is all scraped off. I heard someone describe it like an old people's home and it really is, it smells really damp in our room too. I understand things do get tired but it wasn't even clean, my glass at the bar was dirty. The carpets needed vaccuming, especially in our room and the toilet wasn't even clean on arrival. Really sorry again but I feel people should know what they are getting as its not cheap.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank MrsAshy83
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mollington
Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa
Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa
Doubletree by Hilton Chester
Crowne Plaza Chester
Crowne Plaza Chester
#11 of 45 in Chester
Mercure Chester Abbots Well Hotel
Hallmark Hotel The Queen, Chester

Been to Brook Mollington Banastre Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!