“Very nice Hotel”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Mollington
UK
“Very nice Hotel”
Reviewed 17 November 2008

Enjoyed our two night stay at this Hotel. The service was excellent, all the staff were very friendly.
Our room was very clean with a nice bathroom with fluffy white towels.
We used the pool which was nice and warm and the changing rooms were large and very clean. There was a sauna, steam room and jacuzzi, we didn't use the gym but it looked very up to date. We were given towels to use.
The breakfast was good, with a large selection of cereals, fruit,yogurts and cooked foods. We didn't use the restaurant for our evening meal as it was very expensive, which was a shame, it doesn't seem a good idea to have an empty restaurant at night when the staff are there.
The Hotel is very near the centre of Chester, we parked at the park and ride on our first day as it was near the Hotel and easy to drive to.
We shall use this Hotel again and recommend it to all.

• Liked — Very Nice
  • Disliked — Expensive evening meal
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (319)
yorkshire
Reviewed 31 October 2008

Stayed at the mollington banastre 29th oct for 2 nights was disappointed by the hotel.Room furniture and decor very tatty.Had an evening meal food ok but service rubbish after finishing the main course sat there for 35 mins with plates not cleared.In the end I took them to the kitchen myself as I was fed up of waiting for them to be cleared.Location to Chester centre good.Booked the hotel on a 2 night deal so not expensive if I had paid full price would have been gutted.Compared to other 4 star hotels I have stayed at disappointing

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — service
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk

Travellers are raving about these Mollington hotels

wakefield
Reviewed 15 September 2008

Stayed here for a girls hen do weekend,the spa was a disappointment very poor lesuire facilities. We asked for bathrobes in our room as were advertised.....me may have well asked for the crown jewels they were finaly dumped outside our room an hour later!there were room service trays in the corridor when we arrived and what a disappointment to see them there when we left. The next morning we met for breakfast only to be told that the resturant was full,we waited in the lounge area only to be reminded that breakfast finished at 10am so there was no choice but to try and eat an english breakfast while squashed up on a sofa bending over a coffee table!
For the price you expect 4* facilities and service this is not what you get here,awaiting a reponse to complaint made to hotel manager

Stayed September 2008
2 Thank babycatcherwakfield
London, UK
Reviewed 11 September 2008

We booked a family room at the hotel to stay for two nights when we were attending a wedding at the Queen Hotel in Chester. I had been told in advance that there was a wedding being held on the Friday at the hotel, which was fine with me, and I still went ahead and booked. However, what I hadn't been told was that the family room was directly above the disco venue, and that there would be music thumping through the floor until 12.30am. At certain points, even the toilet was shaking as the music was so loud. My two daughters had tremendous trouble sleeping (as did I) - I didn't nod off until the early hours and my 3 year old daughter couldn't sleep until about 10.30pm. When I phoned reception to ask when the disco was finishing, and could it be turned down, I was offered a glass of wine as "there's nothing we can do".
The following day, we got up to get ready for the wedding we were attending. Once we were ready to leave, we asked at reception for our pram, which they had offered to keep behind reception to save us having to lug it up to our room (there isn't a lift to the family room). However, the pram went missing. 10 minutes later, and several offices and rooms and storecupboards later, it was still not found, so we had to go the the wedding with our 3 month old baby stuck in a carseat for the entire day which was uncomfortable for her and very inconvenient for us. The following morning, when we went to breakfast, we were informed that it had been "found". The manager came to apologise about the missing pram and offered to take £20 off the bill (which considering the first night's sleep, and the fact that the room cost £260 for 2 nights (a discount rate!), I thought was almost an insult). He mentioned that the hotel has got 5 stars for customer service and that they were proud of keeping this level of service... pah.

The food was on the better side of average, but expensive (eg the bar menu sandwiches). The exterior of the hotel makes it look like an airport stopover rather than a spa, in my opinion.

All in all, we will most definitely not be staying there again. The Queen Hotel, in comparison (also Best Western) was absolutely excellent, and if you have a choice, stay there instead. At the Queen, they could not do enough for you, and it was absolutely professionally run.

• Liked — The family room had a separate room with bunkbeds in
  • Disliked — The kids room had a skylight, so when the sun was up, so were the kids... The service was generally poor and seemed to be staffed by students
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank PickyMum
northampton
Reviewed 8 August 2008

I loved staying and this hotel the spa facilities were amazing and I will be on my way back...

I would say that you must stay at this hotel at least once... the service was great the food just hmmmmm... what can I say I loved every minute of it..
x

Stayed August 2008
Rochdale
Reviewed 7 August 2008

Stayed at the Mollington approx 5 years ago and had a really lovely stay, room nice, pool nice - everything was as it should be. However, came back to stay for 1 night and found its standards has slipped a little. The room's furniture was scuffed and tatty, the drawers had leftover rubbish in them, generally the room had seen better days.

We'd booked a standard room and this is what we got... We didn't even have a nice view from our room. The hotel was not even 50% booked so why we was given this sub standard room I don't know.

The garden area is lovely though and it was nice to have a glass of wine sat in the garden outside, however the pool has now sectioned areas which somewhat spoils it.

Would not stay there again as it was definately not a 4 star.

• Liked — Breakfast
  • Disliked — The tatty room
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
Yorkshire
Reviewed 26 June 2008

The hotel was good – very nicely decorated in the main lobby areas and not too bad in the bedroom (except for the curtains with pictures of knights on them!) The bathroom was more modern with a white suite and tiles and a wood floor and plenty of space. All were clean. We booked a standard room which was spacious enough and had a king size bed (very comfortable) and a sofa-bed.
The breakfast was very good with a selection of fruits, cereals, breads, cooked food, juices, tea and coffee. Other than the breakfast we didn’t eat at the hotel. I would recommend the Wheatsheaf 2 minutes down the road though where the food was good and not a bad price. The owners there were very friendly.
We went for an evening swim in the pool which was nice – the pool is very warm so more for relaxing than serious swimming. The Jacuzzi was great too. We didn’t use the gym but it looked ok and had squash courts looking out to the pool.
The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful and the grounds were nice. There is a main road on one side (not very busy when we were there) but a nice large garden on the other (complete with bunnies!!) so if you can, request a garden view. The location was good - only 5 minutes taxi ride out of Chester which cost us around £5 – cheaper than parking for the day.
All in all a good hotel for the price we paid (£85) but I wouldn’t have been as happy if we had paid the full cost they were advertising in the hotel of £140 for a standard room. It says it’s a 4 star and although a nice hotel I would probably say 3+.
Overall, myself and fiance really enjoyed our stay and would definately reccommend to others.

• Liked — Location, Great staff, great breakfast, pool
  • Disliked — For the price we paid (£85 night) there was nothing I could find fault with
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mollington
Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa
Crowne Plaza Chester
Crowne Plaza Chester
#10 of 44 in Chester
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,597 reviews

Been to Brook Mollington Banastre Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!