My wife and I recently visited the UK and this is the place where we stayed during the second night of our trip. From the moment we got to this hotel, there seemed to be confusion about how to check a person in. We were finally given a room and I then asked if there were any good restaurants in the area. Both people at the desk told me that they weren’t sure because they weren’t from the area. Then a third employee came up and amazingly enough he didn’t know either. I find it terribly odd that no one in the hotel seemed to be from the area. So, due to the lack of restaurant possibilities, we decided to just go to our room and possibly order room service. I told the lady at the front desk that we needed a wakeup call because we needed to catch the ferry to Ireland the next morning. I watched her write it down and thought nothing of it from that point on.
The room itself was very nicely decorated but unfortunately that is the only positive thing I can say about this place. We got up to the room and I called room service. No answer. I waited 5 min. still no answer. I then decided to call the front desk to see if they were still serving room service. No answer. I went down to the desk. No one to be found. I went back up and kept trying to call both the front desk and room service. Finally 30 min. later someone at room service answered and we were finally able to order our food. After we received our food, we ate and laughed and thought the worst of our troubles were over.
The next morning I wake up, not to a wakeup call but on my own. We had slept in. No wake up call. We now needed to skip breakfast, get ready and be out the door in 15 min. so as not to miss the ferry. We then notice that the shower curtain is about half the size of the tub so there is no way to prevent water from going all over the floor. Still, we somehow managed to get downstairs to check out with time to get to the ferry. I get to check out and the lady tells me how much the bed and breakfast combo comes to. I then told her that due to the fact that we didn’t receive the wakeup call that we requested, there was no time for breakfast, so I didn’t feel like I should have to pay for it. She then proceeded to argue and waist my valuable time in front of her customers about how she was going to have to charge me for a breakfast that we didn’t get. Finally she said she would take it off. I then waited 10 more min. for her to figure out how to do that. Once she had finally given me the bill (and I had regretted not just paying the extra 15 pounds) I paid. She took my credit card to her scanner and scanned it. She then went to the printer to get my receipt and gave it to me and said, “okay, your all set”. I, being very late at this point, took the receipt and was out the door. … Without my credit card. Thanks to some speeding, I did make the ferry, but I was already on the Ferry to Ireland before I had realized I left my card. I realize the credit card thing was half my fault because I should have made sure I had my card before leaving the hotel. All attempts to call them to instruct them to cut up my credit card were futile because their phone has been disconnected and it wasn’t until I was able to get to a computer a week later back in the US before I could e-mail them to tell them what to do about the credit card. After all this, this ended up being the most expensive hotel on our trip. Overall this hotel was the nightmare of all nightmares for hotel stays. Looking back, it still hard to believe that all of this actually happened. But it did.
Trust me, you should never ever stay in this hotel! Never!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 4-star country-house hotel is in beautiful grounds, a short drive from Chester city centre. For leisure, it has an indoor swimming pool, a sauna, gym, jacuzzi, squash courts and spa. The beauty spa offers a range of relaxing treatments, including mud wraps and massages. Brook Mollington Banastre also has free car parking. Hotel Rooms: 63. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotelopia, Priceline, Expedia, Lastminute, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Brook Mollington Banastre Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brook Mollington Banastre Hotel Mollington
- Brook Mollington Banastre Hotel And Spa
- Best Western Chester
- Chester Best Western
- Brook Mollington Banastre Hotel & Spa Cheshire