“Great Family Break - everything you need!!”

Brook Mollington Banastre Hotel & Spa
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Mollington
Reviewed 18 July 2010

My husband had stayed here through work a number of years ago, so we knew it was an ideal location for our family break.
5 minutes into Chester to do the sites and shop, 5minutes to the Zoo, 10minutes to Cheshire Oaks to complete my shopping fix. If the kids weren't tired out by the days activities, the gardens are great for running about and the pool with 3 sections is fab. I even had some peace and quiet while they swam with their Dad and I had a massage in the spa.
The bedroom was fabulous, spacious, comfortable, nicely decorated and overlooking the gardens. Normally we're all in one large room (which we expected), but the kids had their own room off ours (even with their own door into the bathroom!) so we could still watch TV once we'd put them to bed without ditrubing them.
Everyone is really friendly and it's a really family orientated hotel just like a home from home, nothing is too much trouble. The meals we had were all excellent, great choice on the buffet breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
ChesterManager, General Manager at Brook Mollington Banastre Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2010

Thank you for taking the time to write your review
I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you and the family back to Mollington
Mairead and Team

Write a ReviewReviews (1,747)

Reviewed 18 June 2010

We stayed on the 5th June using a Buyagift voucher that we had received as a Xmas present. When I made the initial call to book the room, I couldn't get the weekend I wanted and was told there were limited rooms for the Buyagift customers and that perhaps booking a week day would be better as Chester is a tourist town and they get busy! I explained that I didn't want a week day and I asked for the first available Saturday which was the 5th June. We stayed in room 6 which was very dated and not overly clean. The whole room was very tired and obviously in desperate need of a make over, infact the whole hotel is quite dated. On a plus point the breakfast was excellent and all of the breakfast staff were very attentive and the room that it is served in was lovely. When we got home I realised I had left our charger for our Blackberry phone in the room and rang the hotel on the Monday morning to see if it could be posted back to me.- I said I would pay for the postage. I spoke to Jo who said she would check with housekeeping and ring me back. I hadn't heard anything two days later and rang back and was told that Jo was off until the next day but they would leave a message for her to ring me back. I am still waiting for that call and have had to go and buy a new charger. I am extremely disappointed that no one had the courtesy to ring me back and tell me either way if it had been found or not. Not the sort of service I expect to receive. Perhaps voucher customers don't get the same service as normal paying customers? Needless to say I wouldn't use this hotel again or recommed it.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
HotelManagerChester, General Manager at Brook Mollington Banastre Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2010

Thank you for your review , on the positive I am very pleased you enjoyed breakfast and you found the food service staff to be friendly and helpful
In relation to your comments about booking the hotel we have hundreds of Buy a gift customers stay with us on weekends as well as mid week .
I regret to inform you we have not found your charger , I would like to inform you though, that in the housekeepers lost property log there are two entrys one dated the 8th of June and the second dated the 9th of June stating that the team had called you but got no answer .
So I am sorry the wires of communication seemed to have got crossed

Regards

Reviewed 11 June 2010

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights as we were attending a wedding locally. At first we were given a room on the front which was quite noisy due to the traffic. they did move us to a ground floor room at the back which overlooked the garden. Although it looked nice the room hadn't been cleaned well ( if you stay there and are in room 63 look to see if the piece of chewing gum is still under the dressing table) friends also staying there had to clean the taps etc. The towels were old and ripped there was no bath mat..no shower cap and the bed was so soggy, I just had to move slightly and it woke my husband and vice versa.The breakfasts were OK although on the sunday when it was busier at 9.30am they were out of rolls and the basket didn't get filled. Think twice before booking at this hotel there has to be better around..One lady on reception was very helpful but the young man when there on his own really couldn't cope he needs some serious training on customer service. They tried to overcharge us on checkout thankfully I had my confirmation with me .Its no longer a Best Western it is now owned by the Brook group lets hope they spend some money on the place..

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
HotelManagerChester, Manager at Brook Mollington Banastre Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2010

Thank you for your review , although it would appear you did not enjoy your stay,
I wish you had contacted reception about the issues you had with your room as our staff are very responsive and would have sorted out any problems you had , and let me assure you there is no chewing gum under the table in room 63

Reviewed 16 May 2010

Stayed over for just one night at this hotel as we redeemed a “buy a gift” voucher that was bought for us as a present.

The room appeared to be clean which was the main concern after reading some of the other reviews about this hotel. The bathroom was more of an issue as the hot tap in the sink just didn’t have more than a trickle of water coming out of it when you fully opened the tap. Fixed this be stretching the shower head attachment over from the bath to fill the sink up with hot water for a shave ! The shower itself was fine. The cold tap on the sink dripped and leaked around the base of the tap and instead of fixing the root cause, they appeared to have made a temporary fix at some time previous to this by applying a big glug of silicon sealant around the tap. This was pretty useless by this stage as it was starting to peel away. If I was staying for more than a night I would have asked to change rooms.

The bed was rather lumpy but was just about passable for a night. Didn’t eat in the restaurant in the evening as we had made other arrangements (see my review of Troperio) but we had the cooked breakfast in the morning and to be fair, it was reasonable.

If I’m ever in Chester again I don’t think I would stay here as it was a 10 min cab fare into the city centre and there appears to be plenty of city centre hotels around the same price range that would suit us better.

Overall, not brilliant, but that that bad either. Just about passable in my book...

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Davebrads
HotelManagerChester, Manager at Brook Mollington Banastre Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2010

Happy to inform you the sink is now fixed sorry you had the problem with the hot water
If you do come back to Chester do please come and stay with us and we will make sure this time you and your wife will have a delightfull stay .

Reviewed 27 April 2010

Stayed here for a long weekend as part of my Father in Law's Naval Reunion, 100 people mostly over 65, had a great time. Ok the hotel is a little worn in places, but we found it very clean & tidy, and the staff always willing, food was very good. Some of the older members of the group thought the drinks at the bar were expensive, but I guess they are set at normal prices.

Only Criticism some floors don't have lifts and although the females on reception offered to take luggage upstairs, the older gentlemen declined, I think the hotel should have been more positive "I will take your luggage to your room" as oppose "would you like ...!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank SMITHCM8
HotelManagerChester, General Manager at Brook Mollington Banastre Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2010

I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Mollington in the future

Reviewed 7 April 2010

Stayed at the Mollington Banastre in Chester for 3 days with friends recently. Was looking for a relaxing break and some chill out time.... definitely found it here. The staff were friendly and interested in making us feel as welcome as possible. The manager was lovely and I noticed that she spoke to everyone to check they were ok. We'd arrived quite late on our first night after a long trip and just wanted a quick something to eat before having a couple of drinks... wasn't a problem at all, the bar food that we ate was really good value for money and tasted lovely! Breakfast on our first day was table service but we were told the next 2 days would be buffet service - all our breakfasts were lovely - we were really impressed. Our rooms were fresh and clean and the bathrooms sparkled. The bar had a really nice atmosphere and one night had a pianist who would play tunes to request... there was a real mix of ages and groups which all added to the ambience. I tried the spa for a couple of treatments and thought that it was somewhere I'd definitely recommend to friends. I couldn't find fault with anything at the hotel as the rooms were clean, beds comfy, staff friendly and it delivered exactly what we hoped and next time we come back to the area we're definitely going to book again.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank ericthebristle
spotWirral, Manager at Brook Mollington Banastre Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2010

Thanks you for your very kind review
We look forward to welcoming you back to Mollington

Reviewed 6 April 2010

My wife and I had a 3 night stay at the Mollington Banastre and were overall very impressed with what was on offer. Staff were all very polite and helpful and the general manager (lovely Irish lady) made us and both and other residents very welcome. We ate bar meals on two occasions and they were excellent both times. Drinks were very reasonably priced for a 4* hotel.
There is a Spa attached to the hotel that residents are free to use while staying there. We also paid a visit to the sister hotel which was 5 minutes walk away and had a drink. Looked very nice and should we visit Chester again will probably look at giving it a try.
The hotel itself was a couple of miles outside Chester but only a £4.50 taxi journey to the center. All in all a great time was had.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Mollington

Mairead and Team

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mollington
Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa
Crowne Plaza Chester
#13 of 45 in Chester
Hallmark Hotel The Queen, Chester
Mercure Chester Abbots Well Hotel

Been to Brook Mollington Banastre Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!