“Relaxing weekend”

Brook Mollington Banastre Hotel & Spa
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Mollington
Reviewed 23 July 2010

We had a lovely few days at the hotel, staying with two small children. They promised to provide two cots in the room and they were ready for us when we got into the room (its surprising how many hotels can't manage this!) The room had a lovely view and was certainly large enough to easily accommodate two cots.

Breakfast was fine. The cooked breakfast was done via a buffet (not a lot of choice, especially for vegetarians.) One the second day there seemed to be very little choice of fruit (the first day there had been a lot of choice) but no fresh fruit was offered and things like marmite had to be requested. There was also a shortage of high chairs. First day there were two (but certainly more highchairs than young children staying in the hotel.) The second day only had one high chair and a booster seat (which didn't have any straps to secure it to the seat or to fit the child in.)

We had room service one night which was fine.

The swimming pool was lovely. Had well set up with clear and very safe areas for small children.

The staff were brilliant and simply couldn't do enough for you. Very impressive customer care.

Overall, a relaxing weekend for the whole family.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
ChesterManager, General Manager at Brook Mollington Banastre Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2010

I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back to
Mollington in the future

Reviewed 22 July 2010

We got Married in Malta & after looking at many hotels for our wedding reception we choose The Mollington Banastre as the gardens at the back of the hotel is a lovely setting for photo's even at night with all the lights in the trees. it is also wheel chair friendly, The hotel was very clean & we could not fault the staff my wedding coordinator was Jamie who was so helpful even when i was very stressed he calmed me down with Tea & Cake ;-) The reception food was Excellent which all my family & friends commented on Beef in a Yorkshire puddings yum yum!!!!! & that was just the buffet. The room was great as we wanted the bar to be in the same room as the men in our family tend to hog the bar ;-) which meant everyone stayed in the same room all night. We have just booked for our free stay which is part of the wedding package which i am looking forward to just hope we get the wedding room which was stunning with its fourposter bed. xx

• Stayed: October 2009

We look forward to welcoming you back to Mollington

Reviewed 20 July 2010

My partner booked us into this hotel for my birthday. We were quickly checked in by reception and went to our lovely room where chilled champagne was waiting. The bathroom was lovely, with heated towel rails, fluffy white towels etc. The bed was bigger than a king size and had lovely clean sheets! The room was very modern. We then went for a few drinks in the bar area, where people were just chilling out, reading magazines and papers. We then made our way to the spa area for a Elemis back and shoulder massage each which was perfect. We were given lovely white robes, slippers and towels. After our treatments we had a light lunch which was included (we had a panini each). We then went for a sauna and a swim and made our way back to the hotel bar. However we sat outside in the lovely gardens in our dressing gowns and it was nice just to sit and have a drink and be relaxed. Dinner and breakfast the next day was lovely. Breakfast was help yourself full english, fruit, yoghurts, pastries, juices etc. What made the stay was when we checked out the manager gave us some more champagne. A lovely touch! Would definately go back to this hotel, was perfect and just a five minute drive away from Chester.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple

I am so pleased you enjoyed your weekend
and look forward to welcoming you back to Mollington

Reviewed 18 July 2010

My husband had stayed here through work a number of years ago, so we knew it was an ideal location for our family break.
5 minutes into Chester to do the sites and shop, 5minutes to the Zoo, 10minutes to Cheshire Oaks to complete my shopping fix. If the kids weren't tired out by the days activities, the gardens are great for running about and the pool with 3 sections is fab. I even had some peace and quiet while they swam with their Dad and I had a massage in the spa.
The bedroom was fabulous, spacious, comfortable, nicely decorated and overlooking the gardens. Normally we're all in one large room (which we expected), but the kids had their own room off ours (even with their own door into the bathroom!) so we could still watch TV once we'd put them to bed without ditrubing them.
Everyone is really friendly and it's a really family orientated hotel just like a home from home, nothing is too much trouble. The meals we had were all excellent, great choice on the buffet breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write your review
I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you and the family back to Mollington

Reviewed 18 June 2010

We stayed on the 5th June using a Buyagift voucher that we had received as a Xmas present. When I made the initial call to book the room, I couldn't get the weekend I wanted and was told there were limited rooms for the Buyagift customers and that perhaps booking a week day would be better as Chester is a tourist town and they get busy! I explained that I didn't want a week day and I asked for the first available Saturday which was the 5th June. We stayed in room 6 which was very dated and not overly clean. The whole room was very tired and obviously in desperate need of a make over, infact the whole hotel is quite dated. On a plus point the breakfast was excellent and all of the breakfast staff were very attentive and the room that it is served in was lovely. When we got home I realised I had left our charger for our Blackberry phone in the room and rang the hotel on the Monday morning to see if it could be posted back to me.- I said I would pay for the postage. I spoke to Jo who said she would check with housekeeping and ring me back. I hadn't heard anything two days later and rang back and was told that Jo was off until the next day but they would leave a message for her to ring me back. I am still waiting for that call and have had to go and buy a new charger. I am extremely disappointed that no one had the courtesy to ring me back and tell me either way if it had been found or not. Not the sort of service I expect to receive. Perhaps voucher customers don't get the same service as normal paying customers? Needless to say I wouldn't use this hotel again or recommed it.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
HotelManagerChester, General Manager at Brook Mollington Banastre Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2010

Thank you for your review , on the positive I am very pleased you enjoyed breakfast and you found the food service staff to be friendly and helpful
In relation to your comments about booking the hotel we have hundreds of Buy a gift customers stay with us on weekends as well as mid week .
I regret to inform you we have not found your charger , I would like to inform you though, that in the housekeepers lost property log there are two entrys one dated the 8th of June and the second dated the 9th of June stating that the team had called you but got no answer .
So I am sorry the wires of communication seemed to have got crossed

Regards

Reviewed 11 June 2010

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights as we were attending a wedding locally. At first we were given a room on the front which was quite noisy due to the traffic. they did move us to a ground floor room at the back which overlooked the garden. Although it looked nice the room hadn't been cleaned well ( if you stay there and are in room 63 look to see if the piece of chewing gum is still under the dressing table) friends also staying there had to clean the taps etc. The towels were old and ripped there was no bath mat..no shower cap and the bed was so soggy, I just had to move slightly and it woke my husband and vice versa.The breakfasts were OK although on the sunday when it was busier at 9.30am they were out of rolls and the basket didn't get filled. Think twice before booking at this hotel there has to be better around..One lady on reception was very helpful but the young man when there on his own really couldn't cope he needs some serious training on customer service. They tried to overcharge us on checkout thankfully I had my confirmation with me .Its no longer a Best Western it is now owned by the Brook group lets hope they spend some money on the place..

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
HotelManagerChester, Manager at Brook Mollington Banastre Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2010

Thank you for your review , although it would appear you did not enjoy your stay,
I wish you had contacted reception about the issues you had with your room as our staff are very responsive and would have sorted out any problems you had , and let me assure you there is no chewing gum under the table in room 63

Reviewed 16 May 2010

Stayed over for just one night at this hotel as we redeemed a “buy a gift” voucher that was bought for us as a present.

The room appeared to be clean which was the main concern after reading some of the other reviews about this hotel. The bathroom was more of an issue as the hot tap in the sink just didn’t have more than a trickle of water coming out of it when you fully opened the tap. Fixed this be stretching the shower head attachment over from the bath to fill the sink up with hot water for a shave ! The shower itself was fine. The cold tap on the sink dripped and leaked around the base of the tap and instead of fixing the root cause, they appeared to have made a temporary fix at some time previous to this by applying a big glug of silicon sealant around the tap. This was pretty useless by this stage as it was starting to peel away. If I was staying for more than a night I would have asked to change rooms.

The bed was rather lumpy but was just about passable for a night. Didn’t eat in the restaurant in the evening as we had made other arrangements (see my review of Troperio) but we had the cooked breakfast in the morning and to be fair, it was reasonable.

If I’m ever in Chester again I don’t think I would stay here as it was a 10 min cab fare into the city centre and there appears to be plenty of city centre hotels around the same price range that would suit us better.

Overall, not brilliant, but that that bad either. Just about passable in my book...

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Davebrads
HotelManagerChester, Manager at Brook Mollington Banastre Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2010

Happy to inform you the sink is now fixed sorry you had the problem with the hot water
If you do come back to Chester do please come and stay with us and we will make sure this time you and your wife will have a delightfull stay .
Mairead and Team

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mollington
Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa
Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa
Doubletree by Hilton Chester
Crowne Plaza Chester
Crowne Plaza Chester
#10 of 45 in Chester
Hallmark Hotel The Queen, Chester
Mercure Chester Abbots Well Hotel

Been to Brook Mollington Banastre Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!