“Great Burgers”
Review of The Five Bells Pub

The Five Bells Pub
Ranked #3 of 5 Restaurants in Wrentham
Dining options: Reservations
Description: http://www.visitsuffolk.com/Southwold-Inn-Five-Bells/details/?dms=2&pid=0194007
Reviewed 8 May 2014

For a business lunch with the boss, the burgers were just perfect. Excellent friendly service and meals at just £10.
Will definitely revisit and recomend.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

We came upon this pub by chance and really pleased we pulled in for a bar meal. The staff are all extremely friendly and chatty. I would definitely recommend the bread and oil to start with it was absolutely delicious. One of the breads was a fruit and walnut which we found out is baked locally by a chap in his garage!!!!... the chef did tell us where we could buy some but sadly we couldnt find the shop the next day so had to leave for home without it :( . I had the scampi and chips which was served lovely and hot and was delicous. The homemade tartare sauce should be bottled and sold it was yummy!!! My other half had the ham egg and chips which was also lovely and so much ham!!!
We will definitely pop in again if passing :)

Reviewed 28 April 2014

We were in Wrentham for a family holiday with all the grandchildren. My wife and I escaped one evening and had dinner at the Five Bells. We both thoroughly enjoyed it and were made most welcome by David, the landlord/chef.
On our last night we called in with all the family with children ranging from 2 to 8. Once again David really welcomed us and provided a great meal for us all and and we sadly left promising to return. The Five Bells rounded off a really good holiday. I would say that the prices were very reasonble but then he will probably put them up, so I won't!

Reviewed 18 March 2014

Finding a known pub with a chef off sick we were re-directed to the Five Bells and are delighted with its discovery. The young barman knew and cared about his Adnams real ales. The chef was equally concerned that his choice of local ingredients was served to our liking. My choice was the smoked fish platter which was lovely. I enjoy simple food served well. The combination of smoked makerel, trout and salmon with a tangy homemade fish pate, chunks of rustic bread and a well dressed salad was perfect. If we are ever passing again we will take another detour along the road to Southwold.

1  Thank MichaelSunderland23
Reviewed 30 January 2014

My husband fancied trying this pub for a meal, I had been here before for lunch, and very nice too. My husband chose gammon and I went for beef stroganoff, we had artisan bread and oil while we waited, one of the breads was very strange, it had a very unusual smell and taste we didn't like it at all, I asked the barman what sort it was he said he ask the chef, the reply was seeded! I could see it was some type of seeds but I'm sure it must have been called something else they couldn't have known.
Mains then arrived my husbands gammon looked and tasted lovely with a pineapple fritter, very tasty. My stroganoff looked just as tasty with rice and cabbage, but unfortunately the tastiest items were the rice and cabbage, the beef was tuff and the sauce was tasteless. Such a shame I was so looking forward to it.

2  Thank Chrissyrose