I booked a mid week spa break for my partner and myself 22nd January 14, the break included full use of the spa facilities, complimentary robe and slippers, hot chocolate and chocolate brownie on arrival, a 30 minute back massage, 3 course meal and breakfast. We were advised we could not book into our room until 3pm but would have full use of the spa facilities from 9am. We arrived around 12pm to use the spa facilities, on arrival we were not offered our hot chocolate and brownie. We were handed a towel but no robe and slippers? I requested our robe and slippers as I advised the spa receptionist after we had used the spa facilities we didn't want to get dressed and then undressed again for our massage, and could we have them as they were included in our booking. He advised me the beauticians gave out the robes and slippers and there would be no one there until 1pm. However there were 3 ladies already there dressed in there robes??? We never given our robes and slipper which was rather annoying!!!!
After we used the spa facilities we wanted to get a light snack in the spa café, but were told due to staff shortages we would have to purchase these in the hotel. We did eventually get our hot chocolate and brownie, after our massage but we still had to ask for it.
Apart from that we had a lovely time, the spa facilities, the pool, steam room and Jacuzzi are great. There was a lady taking aqua aerobics who invited us to join in, we didn't....... but she was lovely and seemed full of fun!!!! The beautician's we gave us our back massage were lovely and our massage were wonderful. The hotel was lovely, clean and comfortable, the meal was delicious and the staff were lovely, friendly and made us feel at home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestling in 27 acres of Cheshire woodland, you wouldn't believe how close Macdonald Craxton Wood Hotel & Spa is to the M53, connecting to the M56 and onto Manchester and the rest of the UK. A beautiful secluded hotel and picture perfect wedding venue combined with outstanding comfort and accessibility. Macdonald Craxton Wood Hotel & Spa blends the best of British tradition with comfort and style to ensure your stay is special. And we're ideally located just a short distance from the attractions of the North West, with the historic city of Chester only ten minutes away. Enjoy cocktails on the terrace before experiencing gourmet dining in the Craxton Wood Grill. Indulge at our Vital Health & Wellbeing Club and Spa - we've just undergone a sensational £1.4million transformation and there's no better place to put your feet up and let our therapists ease away your stresses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Cancelon, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Macdonald Craxton Wood Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Craxton Wood Chester
- Hotel Macdonald Craxton Wood
- Macdonald Craxton Wood Hotel & Spa Ledsham, Cheshire, UK