2,194 results
All reviews thermal suite lovely hotel evening meal black pudding leisure facilities relaxing break executive room afternoon tea cheshire oaks chester zoo my mum a lovely stay family room restaurant staff short break steam room enjoyable stay
Reviewed 3 April 2016

Very comfortable room and beautiful grounds. Great food in bar and restaurant. A friend didn't have such great food in room service, but the bar food was excellent, really tasty. Bed was very comfortable. Staff were really friendly and very helpful.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 3 April 2016

Visited just before easter for a spa day, had a lovely hot stone massage by Karly, the thermal suite was lovely as were the relaxation rooms, really nice afternoon tea with pink bubbles, good swimming pool. Had a lovely day, the spa changing rooms only have one shower which is a little odd as it was a very busy changing room but we took our bags etc to the other side and used the gym changing rooms which had a couple of cubicles for changing and 4 or 5 showers.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 April 2016

Hotel and room very nice ....very relaxing and enjoyable break with my daughter...
Evening meal was excellent.....not a big choice , but enough.
Breakfast was good ..although had run out of Rice Krispies..and Scottish potato cakes!! ...and had to keep asking for things...more butter, milk etc. Would have preferred everything to be buffet style...ie. hot food not just continental.
not offered any of the discounts etc that we were advertised.ie for Cheshire oaks etc

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 1 April 2016 via mobile

This was booked last year as a Christmas present, we booked a feature suite, dinner bed and breakfast package. Before we arrived they rang me as I couldn't have twin beds in a feature suite. I was apparently moved to a feature room to have twin beds, when I eventually got through to someone to help. They assured me the room was on the ground floor adjacent to reception. We were given room 201, on the second floor, it was beautiful, with a huge bay window looking out over the grounds. The bathroom was awful, mold around the window, a bath panel not very well secured and toilet that didn't flush well.

We ate in the restaurant the food was excellent, all three courses. The tomato and goats cheese starter was original, my steak and chips was delicious, my friend had salmon with a Thai broth, desert was also excellent. The wine list was very good, the only thing they need is desert wine by the glass.

Breakfast was not so good, the service was slow and they took orders for breakfast don't know why they bothered as I wanted an egg and vegetarian sausage, they brought me a vegetarian breakfast.

We go to McDonalds as they are an excellent chain and whilst the staff here were lovely, the bedroom and restaurant were excellent the bathroom was not!

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 April 2016

Have just returned from a couple of nights away at this hotel. From when we arrived to the moment we left, couldn't find fault with anything. We stayed in a family room which was clean and spacious with everything we needed, including free wi-fi, plus a lovely view over the gardens. We stayed in room 127 which was on the first floor and we were not disturbed by any noise. We ate in the restaurant and the food and service was excellent. The staff on reception were very friendly and welcoming. They were able to help us with a few questions about the local area. The cleaning staff were very friendly too. We booked a deal with zoo tickets which were waiting for us to collect at reception. Would certainly recommend this hotel and would stay here again.

Room tip: Room 127 was really good room for family of three. Has DVD player so bring DVDs to watch if coming with child.
Date of stay: April 2016