“CUSTOMERS HELD IN CONTEMPT”

Premier Inn Wirral (Two Mills) Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Ledsham
Northumberland, UK
“CUSTOMERS HELD IN CONTEMPT”
Reviewed 8 October 2006

I booked a twin room at this establishment for my self and a close (platonic) friend for the night before my Mother in Law's wedding as my wife and his girlfriend were staying with my Mother in Law and there was no space for us. I was slightly perturbed that the hotel had inflated its prices by more than 1/3 because the Grand National was taking place over near Liverpool the next day (nobody I spoke to who was staying at the hotel was attending).

I called to confirm the booking on the morning of my arrival and found that my booking had been changed to a double room; I explained how this was unsuitable and they assured me that the situation was resolved and that I would have a twin room.

Needless to say I arrived at the establishment to find that the change had not been made. In the discussion that followed with reception and a chap claiming to be a manager I was repeatedly accused of lying and told that I had booked a double room.

When I demanded to be shown their paperwork I was shown a printout clearly stating that I had booked a twin room. No apology was made by the manager.

I finally caved in and took the room as I was exhausted by this point having driven several hundred miles after a difficult week at work.

I got to the room to find that it was not clean. The bathroom clearly hadn't been cleaned properly (mold and deep dust in the corners) and there was even an old carrier bag left in one of the drawers! The bathroom did not suggest a singular lapse in cleaning, it showed repeated failure to complete the task properly.

The attached photo of the TV remote says a lot about the state of repair of the facilities. The TV didn't work (only showed teletext)but there were no staff available to rectify this. I was unhelpfully told the next morning that had I reported it to reception they would have resolved it for me. Unfortunately they didn't understand that I couldn't report it as whenever I went down, reception was left unmanned.

I laughed when I found a leaflet in the room offering a money back garuntee of a good nights sleep (what fool offers a garuntee of something that is entirely subjective and intangible). Suffice to say, after being compelled to share a bed with another man (who snored) I did not get a good nights sleep. Consequently I claimed against this garuntee in writing. It took a month to receive a response which dismissed my claim out right. Consequently I responded not to the Hotel but to the head office of the chain and included the photos that I had taken in the room showing the dirt and remote control. I also informed them that I would report them to trading standards if the complaint was not heard and the garuntee at least considered.

Again, several weeks passed before I received another envelope in the post from the hotel manager. No letter was included offering any form of apology, merely a credit card refund slip from their machine.

This absolutely contempt for customer service was incredible.

The food in the co-located steak house style pub was fsimple, acceptable and of reasonable value. My recommendation, eat there if you want a quick cheap meal. Don't stay.

• Liked — They had an iron and ironing board available upon request - yes, it's that bad!
  • Disliked — The staff.
  • Tips/Secrets — If you book. Check and re-check that your booking is what you asked for. Then check it again.
  • Stayed April 2006
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6 Thank mudcow

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ledsham
Macdonald Craxton Wood Hotel & Spa
Premier Inn Wirral (Childer Thornton) Hotel
Premier Inn Wirral (Childer Thor...
#1 of 2 in Childer Thornton
Brook Meadow Hotel
Brook Meadow Hotel
#2 of 2 in Childer Thornton
Mercure Chester North Woodhey House Hotel

Been to Premier Inn Wirral (Two Mills) Hotel? Share your experiences!