“Fabulous Hen Night at Inglewood Manor”
Review of Inglewood Manor

Inglewood Manor
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Ledsham
Heswall, United Kingdom
“Fabulous Hen Night at Inglewood Manor”
Reviewed 13 July 2012

My friend came across a great deal advertised by Inglewood Manor for a Saturday evening stay, it was a wine dine and stay. So we surprised our Hen with this fabulous offer and duly booked. We were given detailed information from the receptionist Natalie and on our arrival it was Natalie who greeted us warmly and friendly we all felt at home straight away: She checked us in quickly, arranged our luggage and directed us to our rooms: 5 fantastic rooms, all luxuriously equipped, beautifully decorated and with quite lovely views of the gardens and surroundings, it was hard to imagine we were so close to Chester and Liverpool.

We departed to the terrace which has the most gorgeous views across the immaculate gardens. Matt was our waiter, how he remained so calm and patient, as 10 women of varying ages all talking at once!!! was beyond us all. He managed us all perfectly; the staff at Inglewood are warm and so friendly, Natalie had arranged for our complimentary sherry and cake to be served to us outside on the lovely terrace, which coupled with the warm sunshine was the perfect start to our day: The location and setting of Inglewood is stunning, it is a rare find.

Our cocktails were expertly mixed and served along with the terrace/bar menu which had a great choice of dishes. After a good walk around the grounds and the hotel itself we can honestly say it is beautiful, from the well tended gardens to the interior, soft squashy sofas to chill out, to the bar and restaurant which is elegant and sumptuous.

Our rooms were all equipped to a very high standard and the complimentary Molten and Brown products were a lovely addition. The evening meal which is included in this package was a revelation the choice on the menu was mouth watering, when our food arrived we genuinely could not believe the standard each and every course was delicious. The staff had decorated our table for our bride to be, and again the staff on the evening were extremely attentive and friendly.
The General Manager (Fiona) helped out the staff and seemed to cover every inch of the restaurant and lounge areas, taking time to chat to us and other guests who were dining, all in all made the evening feel so very special.

After retiring to the lounge area and dancing into the small hours, we were so glad we all made it down to breakfast, copious amounts of tea and coffee were served to us and the choice of food we had was amazing.
All of us would like to extend a big big thank you to everyone at Inglewood who clearly work hard to ensure that guests are made to feel special.. The setting and the hotel are truly magnificent, the interior is beautifully maintained and keeping with the era, the food was 5 star and the overall guest experience was wonderful.
All our party live quite locally and having never been before, have already told our friends and family, who are now visiting Inglewood mid week for afternoon tea, and again for Sunday Lunch.!!!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
MaisieTrigg, Director of Sales at Inglewood Manor, responded to this review, 17 July 2012
Hi China H
What a fantastic review, of what sounded like a brilliant weekend - I'm very jealous, the whole thing just sounds idyllic!
Thanks you so much for your kind words, I will make sure all the team are aware of how much you enjoyed your stay, and keep a lookout on our website, Facebook and Twitter accounts, as we've got some tremendous summer deals about to be released.

Maybe you could get the girls back together for a post-wedding reunion.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
Reviewed 11 July 2012

Got on a deal weekend at Inglewood Manir which turned out to be great value. Beautiful country house with equally prepossessing gardens. We had an executive room which had been refurbished recently and was both spacious and immaculate. Our evening meal was gorgeous and the service attentive. We shall certainly return and would thoroughly recommend.

• Stayed July 2012
, Director of Sales at Inglewood Manor, responded to this review, 12 July 2012
Hi Andyhog
Thanks so much for your great review, I'll pass your kind comments on to the whole team. You struck lucky with two consecutive deals last weekend, but if you want to come back and see us soon, we've got some wonderful short-break offers on over the Summer.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 July 2012

We attended our friends wedding here 30/6/2012 it was also our wedding anniversary the next day !!
Inglewood Manor is set in 38 acres of beautifully tended grounds including a large lake and various paddocks and wooded areas to roam. The peace and tranquility of this hidden gem was just what was needed to enjoysuch a beautiful place.
We drove up the long drive with anticipation of what might be as the manor itself was tucked away behind copious trees. As we rounded a slight bend there,majestically it stood .
Stunning.
The interior downstairs was kept in period with wood panelling , open fireplace and a staircase that swept up then divided into a left and right wing. To the left was a room with a dance floor dedicated for the evening disco. Adjacent was a comfortable lounge area opening onto a vast balcony set with tables and chairs overlooking a large croquet lawn. There was also a small bar inside which was well stocked and two good sized dining rooms.
The terrace extended round the rear of the manor to look over a beautifully presented walled garden which boasted 2 sets of wrought iron gates both bearing plaques. through these could be seen more acreage including a lake complete with goslings ! On the right of the walled garden is a small secluded garden with a pond bearing water lillies and a functioning fountain.
The bedrooms were a decent size and nicely decorated. Amenities included tea/coffee facilities,ironing board and iron,hairdryer,tv,alarm clock, phone etc and was very clean. The bathroom was clean with complimentary Molten Brown products at our disposal, nice touch.
The bed was extremely comfortable.
Breakfast was first class, served between 8-10am and consisted of the usual selection of juices continental breakfast, ,cereals,pastries etc Nothing was too much trouble and all needs were catered for. Special requirements were also catered for. (prior notice obviously needed)
There were only a couple of minor issues we had.
Firstly the bar staff were not very quick in serving and at one point there were several people all waiting to be served.
Secondly we found the rooms upstairs to be unbearably warm and stuffy. ( as a person that feels the cold due to medications even I found it hard to cope with! )and feel that the introduction of air conditioning would be a great plus. The temperature in the bedroom was beyond comfortable and even having both windows open and a portable fan on all night didn`t really help.
Air conditionig would have made a big difference to the comfort of your guests as we weren`t the only ones not coping well with the heat.
Apart from these two small issues,our stay with you was extremely enjoyable and we would certainly recommend anyone looking for a venue for their wedding, anniversary or just a relaxing weekend to seriously consider this beautiful manor. We feel like we have found an absolute gem in Inglewood Manor.
A very BIG THANK YOU to all of the staff who have helped to make our anniversary so memorable and we will certainly be visiting you all again..
(wondering if there any plans for a spa in the future??)
Thank you.x

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
, Director of Sales at Inglewood Manor, responded to this review, 4 July 2012
Hi JulieW
First of all, thanks so much for such a brilliant and comprehensive review, it is always helpful when guests include plenty of background information, as it really sets the scene for other travellers.
I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay with us so much, but have noted your comments regarding the bar service, and the warmth of the rooms. The slow bar service can and will be remedied immediately, and I will continue to monitor service levels to ensure this problem does not occur again.
I'm afraid the warmth of the rooms is a rather thornier issue, as our Grade 2 listing makes it extremely difficult for us to make structural changes to the building (including the addition of air conditioning). We do continue to try ways round the problem, and in the meantime the room fans do provide a welcome breeze.
St Helens, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 June 2012

My wife and I attended the wedding of a nephew and managed to take along my 86 year old Mother-in-law who is wheelchair bound. The hotel sits in very scenic grounds and is about 15 mins drive from Chester.
The hotel was spotless and the staff EXTREMELY attentive. There are plenty of rooms to relax in so that everyone need not sit in the room set aside for the disco.
The only blot on the day was that perhaps due to the actual numbers of guests the food seemed to have been prepared off the premises and then re-heated at the hotel. It was still edible but nothing fantastic apart from the presentation probably. What was strange was that both the hot and cold buffet in the evening served by hotel staff was ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS. How very odd that one meal should be average and the evening meal superb!!!
This review can't put into words sufficiently how pleasant and helpful staff were.
Many thanks.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Ciaran32
Hi Ciaran32
Many thanks for your lovely review, I’m so glad you enjoyed your day with us. I will be looking into your comments regarding your lunch, but am delighted that the evening buffet exceded your expectations. Our staff really do work extremely hard to make all our guests feel special, so it is lovely to receive a review which recognizes their efforts, and I will be delighted to pass on your comments to the team.
Thanks again.
UK
Reviewed 26 June 2012

If you want to visit Chester or Liverpool this is a quality hotel in quiet wooded surroundings. My room though fairly small was perfectly decorated and well appointed. I was here on business and was really pleased how for once there was no traffic noise. That is rare in my job. The food in the restaurant was very good and decent quantity !
I think it specialises in wedding events so if you can avoid them you may be able to negotiate a good deal for a very good hotel

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Hi Cablegram
I’m really glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We do have a lot of weddings at the weekends, but more and more businessmen are discovering the joys of a really quiet night’s rest, lovely food, and very friendly service all in a great, accessible location. We can sometimes negotiate special rates for businessmen who need to stay on a regular basis, so if you are in this area a lot, do give us a call.
Reviewed 24 June 2012

Inglewood Manor is an ideal venue to get married at and we felt so lucky to have found the venue of our dreams. I put my full confidence in all the staff as they were all very friendly an being an very excited bride I wanted to share every detail about my big day with the world! I stayed the night before I got married with family that had come from far and wide, everyone was very impressed with the surroundings and this just added to my excitement! Then all my months of happy planning were ruined when I was told they the morning of my wedding day thry had decided to DIG UP the driveway leading up to the manor!! I don't know what they were thinking but it was obvious from this point they weren't taking the biggest day of our lives seriously!! All the guests commented on how they couldn't believe they were doing this on my wedding day. Now if the queen was visiting on this day would they be re-laying the drive?? Why wasn't our day being treated with the same importance?? My mum and bridesmaids managed to calm me down and we continued getting ready putting the driveway to the back of my mind. That was the least of my problems!!! After the ceremony we arranged for all our guests to have canapés we picked a lovely selection which were told would be offered to all our guests, only half our guests were offered any!! I decided against the canapés as I was saving myself for the magnificent wedding breakfast we had chosen on the wedding taster evening (all included in the price you pay for the wedding) The starters were lovely and the room filled with silence as everyone tucked in, then it came to the main course...... And the chef served the WRONG dish!!! An absolute unforgivable mistake! The hotel management tried to play it down by saying the chef had held his hands up and admitted to not adding the cream to the sauce to accompany the meat. We couldn't believe what we were hearing!! Didn't they understand that the chef had simply served a beef roast dinner with hard roast potatoes and veg, not the beef medallions with mushroom and Madeira sauce that we had paid for!! A totally different main course to the one we wanted to eat on our wedding day? The serving staff were shocked and didn't know what to say. It took my for the hotel manager to over hear my chief bridesmaid in the toilets saying how upset I was for her to approach me to try and rectify the problem. What we were offered as compensation is laughable and the general manager still doesn't understand the importance of her staff spoiling our special day! I don't intend on getting married ever again and the fact that they couldn't even get their job right and serve the correct menu to our guests after all of the planning and money and time spent emailing Kim is truly truly unforgivable! In the end I had to ask the manager to take the matter up with my fathers as it was to upsetting for me to talk about. The hotels argument is that all our guests said they enjoyed the food when the tables were tidied after the meal. This is were they don't understand the simple concept of it not bring what we picked! The food might have been nice but it's not what we paid for!!!!! And isn't it convenient nobody was asked how their meal was on our top table?? We still haven't resolved the matter with the hotel, maybe if I have stood up in front of all guests and sent everyone's food back and caused a massive scene we would have reached a conclusion, but sadly over 3 weeks after the wedding we are still waiting for a suitable offer of compensation.

• Stayed May 2012
31 Thank TheMoughtons
, General Manager at Inglewood Manor, responded to this review, 3 July 2012
Dear "TheMoughtons"
First of all, many thanks for taking the trouble to post your review.
I would like to address the concerns you raised one by one, as it is important to us that you feel we are taking your issues seriously.
1. The Driveway. I’m so sorry that you were mis-informed regarding the nature of the work being carried out. Rather than ‘digging up’ the driveway, as you state, we were in fact carrying out several emergency repairs to a number of potholes that had appeared very suddenly as a result of very heavy rain we had experienced. This was a most exceptional situation. The last thing we would want is for any damage to occur to either your wedding car, or indeed the cars of your friends and family. Small areas of the drive were being worked on be on average 4 workmen and the drive was clear for traffic to pass at all times.
2. The Canapés. I was very surprised by your comments about the number of canapés, as despite several communications with us following your wedding day, this has never been mentioned as being a problem. I have researched your point regarding only half of your guests being offered canapés thoroughly, and my findings do not indicate that there was any shortfall. You ordered 5 canapés per guest, and had 32 guests attending your reception. The kitchen and service staff, when questioned separately, have all confirmed that the appropriate number of canapés (160) were circulated to your guests on the day. At no point during the day, did any of your guests, or party, raise this as an issue, nor indeed did anyone ask any of our staff for any additional food. If you had wished for more servings to be made then we would have been happy to support your request but we did appreciate your budget and your original instructions.
3. The Wedding Meal. I am delighted that you enjoyed your starters so much. With regards to the hotel serving the wrong dish for your main course I believe this to be slightly misleading. What we served was the exact dish you ordered and tasted prior to the wedding, however, with the omission of a little cream as the final garnish to the sauce. The particular sauce can be made with or without cream, so whilst the absence of cream was an omission on the hotel’s part (for which the chef involved was deeply upset and very apologetic), we do not believe it constitutes serving a completely different meal.
As a team here, we delight in offering all our guests exceptional levels of service and hospitality, and as we repeatedly told both you and your father, were all extremely sorry that our chef had omitted the cream from the sauce.
As part of our standard procedure we do extensive check-backs with all the guests on the day and the feedback regarding the meal was universally excellent. As you point out later in your review, the food was in fact nice.
We consider that our wedding coordinator carefully looks after you on the day of your wedding, repeatedly going above and beyond the call of duty, when the details you supplied in advance appeared to have changed at the last minute (e.g. fitting the chair covers, which we had previously been advised would be fitted by you. She attended to many other adhoc needs e.g. writing the menu choice on the name cards that had been an omission when they arrived.
You state on two occasions in your review of the hotel, that the key issue you seem to have, is with the level of compensation you have been offered in relation to the sauce being marginally different from that expected. We have made a number of gestures available to you and it is with regret that you have not found these to be acceptable.
It is unusual for a customer to post a review of this nature on this site and whilst we do seek to ensure 100% customer satisfaction we sadly accept that we have been unable to achieve this with regard to your own demands. For this we duly extend our apologies.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2012

Just returned from Inglewood Manor to celebrate our wedding anniversary (where we found a card and chocs in our room from the staff, very nice touch and very much appreciated) we really didn't want to leave...the staff are amazing, the food is too and the room we where in was gorgeous (no.1). You will def be seeing us again

Room Tip: Room No.1 is nicely decorated, bright and airy and lovely views