“Another perfect stay at a beautiful location”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Inglewood Manor

Inglewood Manor
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Ledsham
Dover, United Kingdom
“Another perfect stay at a beautiful location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2013

I have stayed at the Inglewood on business trips for around the last 5 years. Usually 2 rooms for myself and my Boss. The level of service, care and presentation is second to none.. Beautiful building and grounds. Rooms of the highest quality and prepared with pride, right down to the last detail, even the polished chrome-work in the bathrooms. All staff are polite, professional and friendly. When I stay in the area there never be anywhere to come up to this standard. Thank you to all staff at the Inglewood and see you again on my next trip to the area. Bob Dixon 13/05/2013 (my name included as true compliments do not need anonymity)

Room Tip: All types of rooms have the same level of care and quality, just the size is different by default
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Susie R, Director of Sales at Inglewood Manor, responded to this review, 21 May 2013
Hi Bob
What a lovely review, and how nice to know that we have met your expectations, not once, but on numerous occasions!
I do hope you will come and visit us again soon, and wee will do our very best to maintain the standards you so obviously appreciate.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Shropshire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2013

We stayed here to celebrate our 42 wedding anniversary (having celebrated our 40 and 41 here previously.) On arrival we received a complimentary upgrade to an executive room - a welcome gesture.

As always the staff are friendly yet professional and housekeeping excellent.

There is a new chef in-situ but he has yet to put his mark on the menu. Food, both at dinner and breakfast was very good.

Having stayed at Inglewood Manor on many occasions we have yet to be disappointed and are looking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lindaraw
FSCWirral, Director of Sales at Inglewood Manor, responded to this review, 7 May 2013
Hi Shropshire skiers
What an honour to have looked after you for three years in a row on your wedding anniversary, 42 years is quite an acheivement!
I'm so glad you had another lovely stay, here's to seeing you again next year, maybe!
Hastings, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2013

OK, I needed to book a hotel/B&B for a business trip for two of us.

I did a bit of surfing and was getting prices of around £75 per room and then I came across this place. It looked ideal but at £50 per person B&B I ruled it out as it was too cheap. My reckoning was that at that price, it cant be that good.

I carried on looking but I kept coming back to this place. I read the reviews and they were pretty good, I looked at the website and again, it looked good. So I thought 'what the hell' and I booked it.

When I told my work colleague the price he said 'Oh great, what sort of a hole have you booked us in too' and I began to worry.

When we arrived we began thinking we were in the wrong place but no, we were at the right place. So I started thinking, whats the catch?

We were booked in by a lovely receptionist and off we went to the rooms. When I walked in mine I was pleasantly surprised.....in fact, it just confirmed my worries. 'Is breakfast really included, maybe they will sting us on dinner'

So, we went down for dinner, no catch! It was a good dinner and it was not expensive.

I had a good nights sleep, a great shower and went for the 'included breakfast' even that was ok, everything I would expect, full English, as much toast as I wanted, tea, coffee, fruit juice and cereal.

All in all it was incredible value for money and I still think they made a mistake with what they charged me....mmm, maybe they did!!

Room Tip: Just book and go.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank steve C
Hi Steve C
I'm delighted you were so pleasantly surprised. Very occasionaly if we have a booking release at the last minute, or a really quiet night, we will drop our rates. It's a great way of getting new fans (like yourself), and of spreading the word. We've got a brilliant Sunday night offer, you would love aswell, really great value - all the details on the website.
I do hope we'll see you again very soon.
lincolnshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2013

I visit this area regularly and have pretty much stayed in every hotel of 3 star plus status there is; this was a first time at Inglewood Manor though, and wow! Paid £115 for b and b in a king deluxe (room number 1, lovely spacious room with sitting area, massive flat screen tv, modern bathroom and lovely views) which is a similar price to Thornton Hall, The Village at Bromborough etc. if you like character, country style hotels with a bit of history,you could do a lot worse than this lovely tudor style old house with sweeping staircases, oak panelling and cosy bar.
Dinner was pretty good (not amazing, but no complaints) and reasonably priced at around £35 per head for three courses with wine. Staff really friendly. Reminded me of the Hillbark, similar style of building and setting, and whilst admittedly the Hillbark is a notch or so up, the price difference is almost double for what we had, and in my view not worth it!!!
I predict this hotel's prices will rise as it continues to build its reputation, so grab the chance to give it a go now, I don't think you will regret it!
Not really suitable for disabled/infirm as steps to entrance and no lift to first floor bedrooms.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
FSCWirral, Director of Sales at Inglewood Manor, responded to this review, 30 April 2013
Hi KJHlincs
Thanks so much for your lovely review. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, particularly as you are very knowledgable about the other hotels in the area, so can really compare like for like. We do try very hard to offer excellent value for money, and we won't be changing this policy any time soon, so don't worry too much about the prices shooting up!
Doo come back and see us again soon.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2013

The travel date is incorrect as it was September 2011 but the drop down menu doesn't have that choice.
I fell in love with this hotel the moment I saw it. I felt it was perfect for my wedding.
The grounds are gorgeous, ideal for photos. The hotel looks gorgeous too and the rooms were lovely. Things were well organised right up until the wedding day.
I got married on a Sunday and stayed over the night before so I would be there on the day of the wedding and also I was doing a lot of table decorations myself so needed to arrange these the night before.
There was a wedding on the Saturday and they had hired the whole place, even though we had booked a room and paid full price etc, there was only room service available and you were not allowed in most places of the hotel, I was put in a back room out of the way to do my table decorations (several boxes of stuff) so these people wouldn't see me - how ridiculous?!
On the Sunday, my wedding day, I was getting my hair done in my Mum's room and one the staff came to see me to say they had put things out on the tables, it turned out to be the wrong things, so she said she would take them off the tables. I started to feel very stressed out, I already had a million things to do and it was my wedding day! So I was feeling very nervous.
I went down to the room where the tables had been set up and checked things and put various items out.
The room looked amazing as I had hired a venue dresser.
I could see some of my guests starting to arrive so felt it was time to go and get ready. Unbelievably I couldn't check into the Bridal Suite (which is where I was meant to be getting ready and having photos taken) as the staff were 'busy' dealing with the previous day's wedding guests checking out. I was gobsmacked that I had to wait around upstairs (my husband had arrived by then so I couldn't go downstairs to reception). My Mum had to go and speak to them and we finally got the keys at 12.30!!! I was getting married at 2pm!!
I was furious and really disappointed that I wasn't made a priority on my own wedding day. I was late to my own wedding due to this mess up and still have not forgiven the staff for it.
My photographer arrived at 1.30pm to take pics of me in the room, I couldn't do that as I wasn't ready.
I eventually got down to get married at 2.20pm. I was mortified.
The wedding was lovely, the food was amazing and all of our guests said they had a great day.
It was just a shame that I didn't enjoy it and feel as special as I had wanted to.
Breakfast the next day was great and check out went without a hitch.
We collected all of our things - gifts, cards, table decorations, vases, balloons etc which had been locked away in a secure room by the night staff. 2 of my little tea light vases were missing and nowhere to be found.
After I got back from honeymoon, I did email the wedding co-ordinator and briefly explained what had happened, I received NO reply.
We haven't been back since as I'm still irritated about the whole situation. Such a shame.

Room Tip: Bridal Suite lovely - if you get married here, you need to keep your eyes on every detail. Some staf...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Susie R, Director of Sales at Inglewood Manor, responded to this review, 23 April 2013
Hi MrsKG81
Many thanks for taking the trouble to leave a review of your wedding, we do always appreciate feedback from our guests. We try very hard to research each review we receive thoroughly, but on this occasion this process has been hampered by the 19 month delay between the booking taking place and the review being placed.
First of all, thank you so much for saying how gorgeous the grounds were, how lovely the rooms looked, and that the wedding was lovely, the food amazing and that all your guests had a great day. Also that breakfast the next day was great and that check out went without a hitch.

Your key issue relates to the fact that on the previous day, a bride took exclusive use of the public areas of the hotel. Whilst the way we offer exclusive use has changed slightly since your wedding, at the time of your wedding the bride could have taken exclusive use of just the public areas. This would have allowed you to stay in one of the bedrooms overnight, but not to have used the public areas or meeting rooms until 11.00am the following day, keeping them completely free for the bridal party.
Having checked with both the wedding co-ordinator and the front office manager, my understanding is that you would have been made fully aware of this arrangement well in advance of your wedding, and that very probably this arrangement would have been in place when you booked your wedding. Whilst we tried to accommodate your wishes by allowing you to use one of the meeting rooms to prepare your table decorations, (we really shouldn’t have allowed this to happen), the room you would have used (one of our syndicate rooms), is the same room allocated to all our brides for pre-wedding preparations, so you were not discriminated against in any way.
With regard to the delay in being able to make the bridal suite available to you, I can only sincerely apologise for your wait. Check out time for our brides and grooms is 11.00 am and so we never promise the Bridal Suite will be available before 12 noon. As it is a while ago, it is really hard to know what caused the delay, but on this occasion your access to the suite was delayed by half an hour, for which we are truly sorry.

With regards to placing items on the tables at the wedding, I’m sorry if the staff did not act according to your wishes. It is normal, however, for one of the bridal party to dress one of the tables as an example, so that we can follow your wishes to the letter, in hindsight, perhaps the venue dresser could have done this for you, so saving you any stress?

Once again, please accept our apologies for the shortcomings you felt affected your enjoyment of the day, but I am truly delighted that every other part of the event went so brilliantly!
Caernarfon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2013 via mobile

My husband & I have just attended a mid week wedding at Inglewood Manor. The driveway and grounds were stunning and the building was beautiful, great location & venue for a wedding. We booked a cozy double room however it was very spacious & very luxurious, especially the bedding & the bathroom. The place was very relaxed & staff were very friendly & helpful, would definitely recommend as a place for a peaceful stay or as a fab wedding venue!

• Stayed April 2013
Susie R, Director of Sales at Inglewood Manor, responded to this review, 16 April 2013
Hi KerryYale
Thank you for your lovely review - our mid-week weddings do have a really special feel (I think it's because everyone knows their colleagues are all hard at work!).
Do come back and see us for a break, soon!
Stockport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2013

Delightful Manor built in the 19th Century, with grounds to wander through,and yet still close to Chester and the Wirral. Great for a quiet relaxing Weekend with friends which is what we did, and did some exploring of the area...finding the philanthropic built village and works of Port Sunlight, with a delightful Art Gallery, and you must also visit quaint Park Gate, and have an Ice Cream at Nicholls on the esplanade...with views across the Dee Estuary of Wales. Hard to imagine because the sea is now half a mile away, that this was once a busdier port that Liverpool, for people travelling to Dublin !

Room Tip: All rooms are peaceful and quiet..and the Suites are luxurious
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Hi Bryantheviking1
What a busy visit you had, you certainly packed a lot in! Thanks so much for sharing with everyone all the lovely things there are to see and do in the area.
Next time you visit, you could try the gorgeous Ness Gardens, or maybe walk the Roman Walls round historic Chester? Do come back and see us again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ledsham
Macdonald Craxton Wood Hotel & Spa
The Chester Grosvenor
The Chester Grosvenor
#4 of 44 in Chester
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,021 reviews

Been to Inglewood Manor? Share your experiences!