Inglewood Manor
US$127
Premier Inn Wirral (Two Mills) Hotel(Ledsham)(Great Value!)
US$87
PremierInn.com
US$81
US$69
US$82
PremierInn.com
US$51
Travelodge
Travelodge Cheshire Oaks(Ellesmere Port)
US$59
US$84
US$73
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewswedding breakfastwedding venueafternoon teabridal suitecomplimentary sherryextensive groundsmolton brown toiletrieswedding coordinatorlisted buildingbeautiful venuedance floorexecutive roomreception areafrom start to finishevening mealan overnight stayduty manager
Reviewed 27 May 2013

We stayed at Inglewood for two nights for a wedding. We had a family room as we were looking after our grandson on the second night. A sofa bed was made up for him and the room was still spacious and comfortable. Our daughter had an upgrade to an excellent suite on the night before the wedding. Staff were friendly and helpful. Instructions on use of the safe in our room were non existent and we found it locked but the receptionist was very helpful and sorted it out in minutes. It is an ideal wedding location with beautiful grounds and building and hence plenty of photo opportunities. The wedding event could not have been any smoother with both the quality of food and service being excellent. We were slightly less impressed with the breakfast particularly on the first morning where there was a distinct lack of replenishment and the need to keep having to request food/implements. The day after the wedding was much improved with more staff and fresher food. Overall would recommend for a special event.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Susie R, Director of Sales at Inglewood Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2013

Hi Villan 64
Thanks so much for this lovely review, and I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. We are doing some work on imroving bothe the service and standards at breakfast, and I'm delighted your second morning was much improved. Do come backa nd see us again soon.

Reviewed 19 May 2013

I booked one nights accommodation for myself as I was attending a nearby wedding, the hotel itself is a very popular wedding venue.

The hotel building and grounds are superb. The house is a wonderful mansion with well kept and beautiful grounds. The public spaces retain their country house character of its Edwardian hay day.

The reception staff were very friendly and there was a general buzz as a wedding party was due.

My room was a standard single room. It was very well presented with an excellent standard of decoration and figments. It was also very clean. Whilst a small room, it was ideal for a single traveller. The real issue is not unique to this hotel, but is a common frustration I face. The bed was single and as someone who is 6ft 4inches the bed was a little too small. There was plenty of room for a small double or 3/4 sized bed. The bathroom was well fitted with excellent fluffy towels. Was it worth £100 a night

I decided upon lunch as my wedding was not until later. The dining room is an exquisite room overlooking the walled garden. The lunch menu choice was very poor with little choice other than hot or cold sandwiches. I opted for a hot bacon and cheese sandwich, which for the price I was expecting something imaginatively served and with nice bread. It arrived and was nothing more than supermarket sliced bread, I was expecting nice proper bakers bread. I also ordered a diet coke, the half pint glass came with no ice or lemon and I noticed on paying It was charged at £4, which is very steep. Needing something sweet I asked after waiting a long time for service, in fairness the staff were busy awaiting wedding guests, I asked for a sweet menu and again there was little choice. What I choose was cheesecake, which was okay, but was mass made brought in affair.

On my return at midnight the hotels wedding party was coming to an end and I was worried that there would be too much noise to sleep. In fairness the music ended after about 25 mins after a while quiet descended and despite the cramped bed my sleep was not too bad.

Breakfast was plentiful, but clearly not of the standard of many other country house hotels in which I have stayed. It is a bit if a free for all buffet spilling out into the main hall. The orange juice was cheap nasty concentrate, this was confirmed by the empty cartons left on the side. There was fruit, but in the main this consisted of tined mandarins and that bitter sweet frozen forest fruit mix. A small stand had grapes and the remains of melon. The full English breakfast was presented for self service under hot lamps and not prepared individually as it should be for a hotel of this standard and type. The bacon was cheap, the sausages were the nicest part, but frozen hash browns and fried eggs which had solid yokes. The toast was poor quality sliced bread.

This is clearly a hotel with a lot going for it, not least its ambience and superb grounds. With improved food with better attention to detail it could rank higher. Would i stay again, probably, but £100 from Booking was not great value. However, the hotel was full and they clearly have a good trade in weddings.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank DerbyshireJames

Hi Derbyshire James
Many thanks for this detailed and thoughtful review. We very much appreciate your feedback and as a result will be looking into improving our breakfast offering over the next few weeks, so I do hope you come back and see us again soon, to review the improvements.
With regards to our single rooms, they do indeed contain single beds, which is stated very clearly on our website and on all our online travel agents sites. We do however have cozy double rooms, classic double rooms and even superking double rooms, all available for single occupancy, so perhaps if you come back and see us, one of these would be a more comfortable choice.

Reviewed 19 May 2013 via mobile

Beautiful gardens welcome you into the place. The building itself is very impressive and the staff really worked hard, including the younger kids. The food was excellent as was the evening buffet. Truly a lovely place.

• Stayed: May 2013
Susie R, Director of Sales at Inglewood Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2013

Hi Swisheavy
What a brilliant review - concise and to the point! I'm so glad you had a good time, and will pass on your comments to the team.

Reviewed 19 May 2013

I have stayed here 4 times most recently in May 2013. Each time it's been lovely. The grounds are beautiful, the hotel is close to Chester but nicely tucked away for a quiet retreat.
The beds are comfy it my only gripe I suppose is the rooms are very warm and I was unable to open the windows.
Our rooms were not ready when we arrived in the morning before Chester races so we checked in and left our cases with the receptionist who kindly arranged the case to be taken to the room as it was going to be late when we got back. Lovely molton brown products to use in the bathroom too.
Thanks for a lovely stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Hi Loopyloz83
Many thanks for your lovely review, I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay. I'm sorry that you found the room a bit warm, and also that you were unable to open your window. All our windows are the original ones, and should open without difficulty. If you do come and stay with us again (and I very much hope you do!), just call down to reception, and we'll pop up to help.

Reviewed 18 May 2013

My daughter gave us a red letter day for Xmas,we thought we would book this hotel and I am so glad we did.The grounds are beautiful,the hotel is full of charm,staff really nice.Hope to stay again soon.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Suziewong9043
Susie R, Director of Sales at Inglewood Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2013

Hi Suziewong9043
Thanks so much for picking us, and I'm so glad that we lived up to your expectations. Do come and see us again soon.