“Stunning setting.”
Review of Inglewood Manor

Inglewood Manor
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Ledsham
Reviewed 2 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed recently for our friends wedding, the approach and the setting were simply beautiful. We had a fantastic time and were well looked after. I only have a few points to make that I hope will improve things for other guests in the future. Firstly, whilst breakfast was nice, I had finished my full english from the buffet and sat with my plate in front of me for 10 minutes before I even saw a member of staff to ask for tea and toast, admittedly from this point onwards not 2 minutes went by without someone coming to our table. Secondly on check out I wasn't asked if I'd enjoyed my stay, no smile, just presented with my bill.
My only reason for raising this is to highlight what was a bit of a gulf in the service standards between the evening team and the breakfast team (this, despite having the same duty manager). The evening staff were efficient and very pleasant, happy to go the extra mile and a credit to inglwood manor.

Overall our stay was lovely but by creating such stunning surroundings you raise expectations for everything else so standards of service have a lot to live up to. A beautiful venue, lovely rooms, great food and drink though, would recommend and would return.

• Stayed: June 2013
Susie R, Director of Sales at Inglewood Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2013

Hi AnthonyP
Many thanks for taking the time to leave such detailed feedback, and what is overall a really lovely review. I have taken on board your comments regarding a lack of service consistency, and will be looking into the matter further.
Do come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed 1 July 2013 via mobile

Beautiful hidden gem grounds stunning to staff all friendly and helpful rooms very pretty and very clean will recommend to anyone food very nice also breakfast , felt so relaxed will go again so i hope! Many thanks to the lovely staff

• Stayed: June 2013

Hi shell11123
I'm delighted you had such a relaxing stay with us, - do come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed 27 June 2013

Firstly I can't believe it's taken me so long to write this review - we got married at Inglewood Manor at the start of April and really should have written straight away, everything really was perfect and we couldn't have asked for more. We first visited on the off-chance for a look around, having been looking for a wedding venue for 2 months, everywhere else was wrong. The staff were super friendly and smiley, and even gave us a sneaky peak of one of the wedding rooms all set up, before the day's wedding started. We pretty much decided there and then we had found 'our place'. The planning stages were really relaxed - thanks to Kim and the hotel team's organisation! Nothing was too much trouble, we chose bits and bobs out of all of the ideas we were offered and it really was 'whatever we wanted'. Chilled and relaxed all the way, making changes and talking through different ideas was never a problem. The hotel Manager was fab, offering us her daughter's electric keyboard and stand when we had a last minute crisis on the Bank Holiday weekend! We had both our ceremony and reception there, and I stayed over the night before with my best friend (chief Bridesmaid) so woke up in the hotel on the morning of my wedding - we had brought all our own table settings, decorations etc and the hotel had let us have the 'Badger Room' (Love it!) to store stuff in - by the time we got up in the morning, the tables had all been set with the fishbowls set up and everything! marvellous :) Our guests loved the place, we had a brilliant ceremony, lovely celebratory drinks, and amazing canapes while our photographer took some snaps, and then we let people into the room to have our wedding breakfast, lots of ooh and ahs, it's a beautiful, wooden panelled room and was stunning all made up with our decorations! The meal was amazing, we had a few guests with dietary requirements, and as we had marked these people on the seating plan, the staff inconspicuously had a word with them and sorted out a nice alternative. Even when it turned out that 4 of our guests were veggies and hadn't told us, it was fine! The DJ/band had set up while we ate, and the hotel had set up our sweetie buffet (big success) and made room for the photo booth (ditto) as well - our guests were happy, relaxed, had plenty of room in gorgeous surroundings and lots of lovely food - more than one person said that it was the best wedding food they had ever had! We went to bed very happy married people indeed. The next day we were given loads of time to get out of the room and organise ourselves, the staff had been marvellous throughout, and needless to say we can't thank Inglewood Manor enough! Sorry it took me so long!! Thanks again so much :) We will be back again - apparently lots of our friends are now planning to have celebrations here too. can't wait!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Hi MrsSheath
Thank you so much for this fantastice review - it is always a real pleasure to provide couples getting married here with memories they can treasure forever. I will pass on your lovely comments to all the staff who helped on your special day, and I hope we'll be welcoming you to the hotel for many years to come.

Reviewed 22 June 2013

I am writing this as I am having breakfast. When checking in yesterday a Friday i was told breakfast would be served at 7am. I realised this morning that on a saturday its 8am. At 8am went to breakfast , and the cooked breakfast only came out at 8.20. I had to be in a meeting at 9am. Service was ok, cutlery at breakfast was dirty, knife, and two cereal bowls.

There is free wifi in hotel, but only work in lobby. Had work to do using internet so had to spend my evening around the lobby area rather than in my room.

Last night ordered a pint of beer and pint of water, never had the water. Food was very nice though in the evening.

stayed in many hotels around the world, this has to be one of the worst, but with the biggest potential!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank mike h

Hi Mikeh
Thanks so much for your feedback, and please accept our apologies for the confusion over the timings for breakfast. You should have been offered a full cooked to order breakfast as soon as you came down and I can only apologise that this was not the case.
With regards to the wi-fi, we have only ever advertised it as being available in the public areas, as the age of the building has made it difficult to supply all the rooms. We are currently working on this, however, so if you visit us in the next few weeks, we will be able to offer free wi-fi to all our guests throughout the hotel.

Reviewed 20 June 2013

Very nice hotel in fantastic grounds. Upon check in I was greeted by a very nice, chatty receptionist who couldn't do enough to help. Booked in for two nights on business trip and asked if I want to book the a table in the restaurant. The menu didn't appeal so ate out.

I got a relatively small room but big enough for one. Although at first glance the room looked clean on closer inspection it could of done with lots of cobwebs removing from behind the tv and the lightshades.

Breakfast was a buffer style cooked and continental and was very tasty. No cooked buffet the following day however and when asked where it was at I got a look of disgust from the waitress. She then told me it was to order from the menu and they never have buffet style. Ermmmm yes they do because thats what I had the previous morning.

Overall a very nice hotel in pleasant surroundings but with some minor negative points.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank GCengineer

Hi GCengineer
Thanks for your review, we really appreciate your feedback. I'm so please that overall you enjoyed your stay, and apologies for the confusion over breakfast - on very busy days, particularly at the weekend, when eveyone wants a bit of a lie in, we do offer a buffet breakfast, but mid-week we try to cook eveything to order and offer some lovely country house favourites (scrambled egg and smoked salmon, porridge etc). I'm sorry your waitress was unaware of this. With regards to your cobwebs, I've had a chat with housekeeping, so I very much hope this would not be an issue in the future. I do hope you can come back and see us soon.

Reviewed 27 May 2013

We stayed at Inglewood for two nights for a wedding. We had a family room as we were looking after our grandson on the second night. A sofa bed was made up for him and the room was still spacious and comfortable. Our daughter had an upgrade to an excellent suite on the night before the wedding. Staff were friendly and helpful. Instructions on use of the safe in our room were non existent and we found it locked but the receptionist was very helpful and sorted it out in minutes. It is an ideal wedding location with beautiful grounds and building and hence plenty of photo opportunities. The wedding event could not have been any smoother with both the quality of food and service being excellent. We were slightly less impressed with the breakfast particularly on the first morning where there was a distinct lack of replenishment and the need to keep having to request food/implements. The day after the wedding was much improved with more staff and fresher food. Overall would recommend for a special event.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Hi Villan 64
Thanks so much for this lovely review, and I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. We are doing some work on imroving bothe the service and standards at breakfast, and I'm delighted your second morning was much improved. Do come backa nd see us again soon.

Reviewed 19 May 2013

I booked one nights accommodation for myself as I was attending a nearby wedding, the hotel itself is a very popular wedding venue.

The hotel building and grounds are superb. The house is a wonderful mansion with well kept and beautiful grounds. The public spaces retain their country house character of its Edwardian hay day.

The reception staff were very friendly and there was a general buzz as a wedding party was due.

My room was a standard single room. It was very well presented with an excellent standard of decoration and figments. It was also very clean. Whilst a small room, it was ideal for a single traveller. The real issue is not unique to this hotel, but is a common frustration I face. The bed was single and as someone who is 6ft 4inches the bed was a little too small. There was plenty of room for a small double or 3/4 sized bed. The bathroom was well fitted with excellent fluffy towels. Was it worth £100 a night

I decided upon lunch as my wedding was not until later. The dining room is an exquisite room overlooking the walled garden. The lunch menu choice was very poor with little choice other than hot or cold sandwiches. I opted for a hot bacon and cheese sandwich, which for the price I was expecting something imaginatively served and with nice bread. It arrived and was nothing more than supermarket sliced bread, I was expecting nice proper bakers bread. I also ordered a diet coke, the half pint glass came with no ice or lemon and I noticed on paying It was charged at £4, which is very steep. Needing something sweet I asked after waiting a long time for service, in fairness the staff were busy awaiting wedding guests, I asked for a sweet menu and again there was little choice. What I choose was cheesecake, which was okay, but was mass made brought in affair.

On my return at midnight the hotels wedding party was coming to an end and I was worried that there would be too much noise to sleep. In fairness the music ended after about 25 mins after a while quiet descended and despite the cramped bed my sleep was not too bad.

Breakfast was plentiful, but clearly not of the standard of many other country house hotels in which I have stayed. It is a bit if a free for all buffet spilling out into the main hall. The orange juice was cheap nasty concentrate, this was confirmed by the empty cartons left on the side. There was fruit, but in the main this consisted of tined mandarins and that bitter sweet frozen forest fruit mix. A small stand had grapes and the remains of melon. The full English breakfast was presented for self service under hot lamps and not prepared individually as it should be for a hotel of this standard and type. The bacon was cheap, the sausages were the nicest part, but frozen hash browns and fried eggs which had solid yokes. The toast was poor quality sliced bread.

This is clearly a hotel with a lot going for it, not least its ambience and superb grounds. With improved food with better attention to detail it could rank higher. Would i stay again, probably, but £100 from Booking was not great value. However, the hotel was full and they clearly have a good trade in weddings.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank DerbyshireJames

Hi Derbyshire James
Many thanks for this detailed and thoughtful review. We very much appreciate your feedback and as a result will be looking into improving our breakfast offering over the next few weeks, so I do hope you come back and see us again soon, to review the improvements.
With regards to our single rooms, they do indeed contain single beds, which is stated very clearly on our website and on all our online travel agents sites. We do however have cozy double rooms, classic double rooms and even superking double rooms, all available for single occupancy, so perhaps if you come back and see us, one of these would be a more comfortable choice.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ledsham
Macdonald Craxton Wood Hotel & Spa
Holiday Inn Ellesmere / Cheshire Oaks
Travelodge Cheshire Oaks
Travelodge Cheshire Oaks
#2 of 6 in Ellesmere Port

Been to Inglewood Manor? Share your experiences!